View Poll Results: Are you in favor, or opposed, to gays having the legal right to marry?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am in favor of gays having the right to marry.

    10 66.67%
  • I am opposed to gays having the right to marry.

    5 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2008 @ 05:22 PM
    Posts
    31

    Are you in favor, or opposed, to giving gays the legal right to marry?

    Recently, gays were given the legal right to marry in several states in the USA.

    Are you in favor, or opposed, to gay citizens having the right to marry?

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-06-2012 @ 03:24 PM
    Posts
    5,528
    A matrimonial union between two people of the same sex. Not a mockery of marriage because it implies a loving relationship between and listen to these words closely TWO. CONSENTING. ADULTS. If you honestly think that the next step is going to be bigamy, beastiality, or pedophilia, then you're really off your rocker because none of these things involve all three of those three words. Maybe you can make a case for incest, but that's more often practiced in the Bible Belt between straight people, anyway.
    Ironically, the American state with the lowest divorce rate is Massachusetts, the center of gay marriage land; followed by Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and New York. The American state with the highest divorce rate? Nevada, with Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wyoming and Indiana rounding out the bottom five.

    God Bless America!!

  3. #3
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    think somebody stole travelmate's password.

    in answer to the OP, give me a reason why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed.
    no doubt it will be easy to refute.

    i am still toying with the idea of being a right wing nut job, i enjoyed it last night, very easy and great for the post count. i suppose homophobia is another trait I will have to take on.

  4. #4
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-06-2012 @ 03:24 PM
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    think somebody stole travelmate's password.
    Is that possible on this forum?

  5. #5
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2008 @ 05:22 PM
    Posts
    31
    enjoyed the comments (and any future comments), but please remember to vote.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Give me a reason why gay marriage should be allowed, they ain't exactly going to be starting a family now are they????

  7. #7
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    they ain't exactly going to be starting a family now are they
    nor am I.

    can't have kids.

    how about marriage of people over the age of 50?
    daft argument.

    next.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    As soon as they find a cure for homosexuality then this marriage arguement will become irrelevent.

  9. #9
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    As soon as they find a cure for homosexuality then this marriage arguement will become irrelevent.
    troll.


    next.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    ^

  11. #11
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    For the tax benefits, for leaving your possetions to your partner if you die. Lots of legal reasons.
    Marriage is now not an exclusively religious act anymore. I vote yes.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr View Post
    For the tax benefits, for leaving your possetions to your partner if you die. Lots of legal reasons.
    Marriage is now not an exclusively religious act anymore. I vote yes.
    Surely you can just write a will that would cover leaving your possessions to your partner, as for tax benefits seems a bit of a shallow reason to get married to me.

  13. #13
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    I will pre-empt the religious argument by saying there is no God.

    the secular arguments are spectacularly thin and stink of fear.

    "it will encourage people to be gay".
    yup.
    hanging round with tall people has encouraged me to grow.

  14. #14
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    If you die without writing a will, or, die intestate, your possesions go to your next of kin instead of to your legal spouse if you are not legally married.

  15. #15
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    as for tax benefits seems a bit of a shallow reason to get married to me.
    no heterosexual couples have ever done that.

    i got married legally over here a bit sooner than i might have done for the itsy bitsy tax break I get.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr View Post
    If you die without writing a will, or, die intestate, your possesions go to your next of kin instead of to your legal spouse if you are not legally married.
    That will be the gays fault then for not writing a will. I mean it's not as if gays have any children to leave their assets to anyway.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    as for tax benefits seems a bit of a shallow reason to get married to me.
    no heterosexual couples have ever done that.

    i got married legally over here a bit sooner than i might have done for the itsy bitsy tax break I get.
    I'd been with my wench for over 2 years before i got married, then we found out she was pregnant and we got married basically to make life easier as in obtaining a British birth certificate and passport for my daughter, if she hadn't got pregnant would be have got married, probably by now since we've now been together 7 odd years, but just not when we did.

  18. #18
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    I mean it's not as if gays have any children to leave their assets to anyway.
    Peace Blondie has 15 of them,.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    I mean it's not as if gays have any children to leave their assets to anyway.
    Peace Blondie has 15 of them,.
    I thought gays normally argued that they were born gay, some gay gene or something inside them as part of their make up, so this basically dumps on that arguement then.

  20. #20
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    I thought gays normally argued that they were born gay, some gay gene or something inside them as part of their make up, so this basically dumps on that arguement then.
    i disagree, Pb is an exception.
    an exceptional old perve.

    either that or he came out late in life after living a lie for many years.
    he might have been brought up in a strict, conservative, religious family...who knows.

    he's probably written reams of stuff about it on thaivisa.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    he's probably written reams of stuff about it on thaivisa.
    got a linky?













    or did you get banned again ?

  22. #22
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    did you get re-instated within the 12 hours that you promised some 3 months ago.

    NO.


  23. #23
    I am in Jail
    DaveRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    19-02-2012 @ 09:16 PM
    Posts
    590
    Bible says it's wrong

  24. #24
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRobin
    Bible says it's wrong
    God doesn't exist.


    secular arguments only.

  25. #25
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    What about two people getting married because they love each other and want to proove their commitment?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •