Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331

    Post Count Diminished By 50...why?!

    my post count was cut by 50. i recieved a pm from pool cleaner re the brevity of my posts. in response to his request i expanded them. why has my post count been cut by 50 without explanation and if there are rules or guidance about such things where can i find it?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    We ain't TV! Different ballpark, different rules. Now go run home to mommy...

  3. #3
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    my post count was cut by 50. i recieved a pm from pool cleaner re the brevity of my posts. in response to his request i expanded them. why has my post count been cut by 50 without explanation and if there are rules or guidance about such things where can i find it?
    Yeah, I had my post count cut as well before. It's one of the secret rules on this no rules forum. Theres nothing you can do about dude, admins rules aint it. Ask Dr Dirty Drake about it.


  4. #4
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    i dont know shit about "TV". so references to such mean nothing to me.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    my post count was cut by 50. i recieved a pm from pool cleaner re the brevity of my posts. in response to his request i expanded them. why has my post count been cut by 50 without explanation and if there are rules or guidance about such things where can i find it?
    Yeah, I had my post count cut as well before. It's one of the secret rules on this no rules forum. Theres nothing you can do about dude, admins rules aint it. Ask Dr Dirty Drake about it.

    Mommy, mommy they aint playing fair...

  6. #6
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    simply wish to know what the expectations are and pig you aint helpin

  7. #7
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Sorry obsidian, the baord policy is to try and keep the posts valuable and I guess you realise the error of your ways with the short posts.

    we've had bad experiences in the past with spammers and sometimes the machine works rather brutally in this respect.

    I have passed on your acknowledgement of my pm and the fact that acted accordingly.

    To get your postcount up it's much better to go into the games room where posting one line nonsense is the norm.

    Don't be put off by this situation.

    Your input will be valued here.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    i dont know shit about "TV". so references to such mean nothing to me.
    Ok, let's forget the TV reference, my fault. Now, can you quit being a punk on TD? I am asking nicely.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    who is 'they' and what is"fair"

  10. #10
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Mommy, mommy they aint playing fair...
    Hilly.......shut the fok up!

    he's not the first to make this mistake and he's done the right thing so cut him some slack!

  11. #11
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    really, nicely eh, fuck yoo moo

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    who is 'they' and what is"fair"
    'they' is us and 'fair' is fair...

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Ahh, let the giants of minds contemplate. Time for a smoke...

    Think, think, think...

  14. #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    the policy you describe might be better followed if it were written down somewhere for the newbie to read

  15. #15
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Totally agree.

    let's see if we can correct this.

  16. #16
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    my post count was cut by 50. i recieved a pm from pool cleaner re the brevity of my posts. in response to his request i expanded them. why has my post count been cut by 50 without explanation and if there are rules or guidance about such things where can i find it?
    Yeah, I had my post count cut as well before. It's one of the secret rules on this no rules forum. Theres nothing you can do about dude, admins rules aint it. Ask Dr Dirty Drake about it.

    Mommy, mommy they aint playing fair...
    Mommy, Mommy, stop touching me that way.......


  17. #17
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    the policy you describe might be better followed if it were written down somewhere for the newbie to read
    But then they'd have forum rules which is not cool enough for these dudes, so you just have to post and hope admin don't use one of their secret rules and edit your threads without notification. Good Luck!


  18. #18
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    the policy you describe might be better followed if it were written down somewhere for the newbie to read
    But then they'd have forum rules which is not cool enough for these dudes, so you just have to post and hope admin don't use one of their secret rules and edit your threads without notification. Good Luck!

    Ahh...another satified customer!!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Ok, Ok, while the rules for our forum may be a bit vague (we are growing), have any of you lot been banned?

  20. #20
    Member
    Fon Tok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    07-12-2011 @ 09:28 PM
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Ok, Ok, while the rules for our forum may be a bit vague (we are growing), have any of you lot been banned?
    HOLD ON

    So, there are rules !

    What happens if the rules are broken ?

  21. #21
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon Tok
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Ok, Ok, while the rules for our forum may be a bit vague (we are growing), have any of you lot been banned?
    HOLD ON

    So, there are rules !

    What happens if the rules are broken ?
    At the moment it looks like your posts are edited to fit in with the rules without any notification or warning. The rules are in the admins minds and not posted on here for fear of losing the new cool 'un modded' forum edge that AE held in last years exciting season of 'forum wars'.

    I assume bannings and suspensions will be along soon enough AE style.


  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon Tok
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Ok, Ok, while the rules for our forum may be a bit vague (we are growing), have any of you lot been banned?
    HOLD ON

    So, there are rules !

    What happens if the rules are broken ?
    TD rules? Will there ain't any. Butt, we know when a poster has broken them... Common sense seems to prevail!

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    24-12-2018 @ 04:38 PM
    Posts
    1,215
    What is this fixation with post counts anyways?

    What does it matter what your post count is?

  24. #24
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Obsidian, I notice that you have been digging up threads that are months old and then adding a short comment to each one.

    I suspect that this is the reason
    Just trying to help

  25. #25
    Aspiring Guru
    poolcleaner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    Location
    pratunam
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon Tok
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Ok, Ok, while the rules for our forum may be a bit vague (we are growing), have any of you lot been banned?
    HOLD ON

    So, there are rules !

    What happens if the rules are broken ?
    We wait til your asleep and shave your eyebrows of course!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •