Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356

    Wish I'd been there.....

    Occasionally, you read about something and think "wish I'd been there." Here's something I would have loved to have been at. What events have you missed in your life and regret?




    Led Zep stars join Foo Fighters





    Dave Grohl said the second night at Wembley was his greatest ever show



    Foo Fighters were joined onstage by members of Led Zeppelin as they wrapped up their second night at Wembley Stadium.
    Guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones teamed up with Dave Grohl and his band for Zeppelin classics Rock and Roll and Ramble On.
    The collaboration was Zeppelin's first appearance since the band played a one-off gig in December 2007.
    It also came eight months after Queen joined Foo Fighters onstage in London.
    Introducing the pair onstage Grohl said: "Tonight playing here at Wembley Stadium is an honour and if we didn't take advantage of this opportunity we'd be crazy.
    He went on: "We knew from the beginning this wasn't going to be another outdoor show, we have been planning this for six months so we would like to welcome Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones onstage."
    The Foo Fighters frontman took over stick duties while drummer Taylor Hawkins sang vocals on Rock And Roll for Zeppelin's first appearance since their London 02 Arena gig in December 2007.
    Grohl then swapped places with Hawkins for a crowd pleasing rendition of Ramble On.
    'Something special'
    The collaboration came just eight months after members of Queen joined the Foo Fighters onstage at the 02 for a cover of 39.
    Earlier in the night Grohl hinted that the band had something special planned when he told the crowd: "We are going to do something special tonight that we have never done before.
    "Tonight this will be the show we are talking about for the next 20 years."
    Dave Grohl struts the catwalk during their second night at Wembley

    Like their previous performance on 6 June the band played on a rotating stage and a huge catwalk which Grohl took advantage of during debut album track This Is A Call when he strutted the whole stage for an extended guitar solo.
    Grohl later introduced four extra members onstage for an acoustic section which featured the likes of Skin And Bones, Marigold and Big Me, which finally gave fans at the back of the stadium chance to see the band for the first time.
    During My Hero the whole of the stadium belted out the words which Grohl later acknowledged as he joked: "86,000 back up singers, nice, perfect pitch."
    As the band wrapped up the show with Best Of You he was visibly overcome with emotion as he told the crowd: "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life.
    "At this point there is only thing left to do, sing a song together as loud as you can."
    Setlist:
    • The Pretender
    • Times Like These
    • No Way Back
    • Cheer Up Boys Your Make Up Is Running
    • Learn To Fly
    • This Is A Call
    • Long Road To Ruin
    • Breakout
    • Stacked Actors
    • Skin And Bones
    • Big Me
    • Marigold
    • My Hero
    • Cold Day In The Sun
    • Let It Die
    • Everlong
    • Monkey Wrench
    • All My Life
    Encore:
    • Rock And Roll
    • Ramble On
    • Best Of You
    You, sir, are a God among men....
    Short Men, who aren't terribly bright....
    More like dwarves with learning disabilities....
    You are a God among Dwarves With Learning Disabilities.

  2. #2
    Hifaluten Member
    Wayne Kerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 10:23 PM
    Location
    Fiji Islands
    Posts
    3,186
    Sounds great ... on YouTube yet?

    Best I can find is -

  3. #3
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    ^ Not found anything yet. I'm sure they'll be a DVD out eventually so I'll get a rip of that then.

  4. #4
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Queen's last concert with Freddy Mercury as frontman. If I had a time machine, I would put that on the list of 'times to visit'.

  5. #5
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    ^ Good choice. I nearly bought tickets for that (at Knebworth Park), but they sold out

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    13,014
    Wish I was standing on the moon filming when Neil Armstrong stepped out of the Lunar Module.

  7. #7
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    ^^One of my real wishes/regrets. RIP Freddie.

  8. #8
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat
    Wish I was standing on the moon filming when Neil Armstrong stepped out of the Lunar Module.
    Why would you want to see the second man land on the moon?

  9. #9
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    ^ Just to see the look on his face?

  10. #10
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204

  11. #11
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    ^

  12. #12
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    To have been in Berlin when the Wall came down.

  13. #13
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158

    Always envied those people at the convention where GWB was nominated as the republican candidate

  14. #14
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    Errrmm.......a very big, land-dwelling squid that's just dropped it's rag-doll?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,774
    I watched this lesbian movie last night.

  16. #16
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr View Post
    Errrmm.......a very big, land-dwelling squid that's just dropped it's rag-doll?
    Phnglui mglwnafh Cthulhu Rlyeh wgahnagl Ftagn!

    Get with the program or be prepared to face an eternity of screaming torment, the Great Old Ones are returning, worship them and you will spend an eternity of adequate pain as their plaything, the alternative is unrecognizable, incomprehensible, and very, very unpleasant.

  17. #17
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    *scratches head*

  18. #18
    Member
    dogblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    10-03-2013 @ 01:46 PM
    Location
    Baltim
    Posts
    230
    HP Lovecraft?

  19. #19
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    I watched this lesbian movie last night.
    I really hope it wasn't the picture I posted that reminded you of that

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    13,014
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat
    Wish I was standing on the moon filming when Neil Armstrong stepped out of the Lunar Module.
    Why would you want to see the second man land on the moon?

    Because I would have been the first.

  21. #21
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-03-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,030
    sorry about that
    Last edited by sunsetter; 09-06-2008 at 12:36 AM.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Red dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    18-11-2011 @ 07:12 AM
    Location
    In Mourning
    Posts
    1,058
    wish I had been there when that US Army dude adressed the troops and said "it's hammer time!" oh to have been there I would have broken into the classic Mc Hammer dance, finished called him a tw*t and walked out





  23. #23
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-03-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Occasionally, you read about something and think "wish I'd been there." Here's something I would have loved to have been at. What events have you missed in your life and regret?




    Led Zep stars join Foo Fighters





    Dave Grohl said the second night at Wembley was his greatest ever show



    Foo Fighters were joined onstage by members of Led Zeppelin as they wrapped up their second night at Wembley Stadium.
    Guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones teamed up with Dave Grohl and his band for Zeppelin classics Rock and Roll and Ramble On.
    The collaboration was Zeppelin's first appearance since the band played a one-off gig in December 2007.
    It also came eight months after Queen joined Foo Fighters onstage in London.
    Introducing the pair onstage Grohl said: "Tonight playing here at Wembley Stadium is an honour and if we didn't take advantage of this opportunity we'd be crazy.
    He went on: "We knew from the beginning this wasn't going to be another outdoor show, we have been planning this for six months so we would like to welcome Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones onstage."
    The Foo Fighters frontman took over stick duties while drummer Taylor Hawkins sang vocals on Rock And Roll for Zeppelin's first appearance since their London 02 Arena gig in December 2007.
    Grohl then swapped places with Hawkins for a crowd pleasing rendition of Ramble On.
    'Something special'
    The collaboration came just eight months after members of Queen joined the Foo Fighters onstage at the 02 for a cover of 39.
    Earlier in the night Grohl hinted that the band had something special planned when he told the crowd: "We are going to do something special tonight that we have never done before.
    "Tonight this will be the show we are talking about for the next 20 years."
    Dave Grohl struts the catwalk during their second night at Wembley

    Like their previous performance on 6 June the band played on a rotating stage and a huge catwalk which Grohl took advantage of during debut album track This Is A Call when he strutted the whole stage for an extended guitar solo.
    Grohl later introduced four extra members onstage for an acoustic section which featured the likes of Skin And Bones, Marigold and Big Me, which finally gave fans at the back of the stadium chance to see the band for the first time.
    During My Hero the whole of the stadium belted out the words which Grohl later acknowledged as he joked: "86,000 back up singers, nice, perfect pitch."
    As the band wrapped up the show with Best Of You he was visibly overcome with emotion as he told the crowd: "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life.
    "At this point there is only thing left to do, sing a song together as loud as you can."


    Setlist:
    • The Pretender
    • Times Like These
    • No Way Back
    • Cheer Up Boys Your Make Up Is Running
    • Learn To Fly
    • This Is A Call
    • Long Road To Ruin
    • Breakout
    • Stacked Actors
    • Skin And Bones
    • Big Me
    • Marigold
    • My Hero
    • Cold Day In The Sun
    • Let It Die
    • Everlong
    • Monkey Wrench
    • All My Life
    Encore:
    • Rock And Roll
    • Ramble On
    • Best Of You
    yep missed that one, theyve had highlights on radoi one, theres some stuff on the website BBC - Radio 1 - Home sic as you like

  24. #24
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    ^ bugger me. That's unlucky. You missed it twice.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Red dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    18-11-2011 @ 07:12 AM
    Location
    In Mourning
    Posts
    1,058
    sunsetter as much as I love your avatar you only have to post once!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •