Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 125
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184

    Being happy in Thailand

    For me, I am probably the happiest when I cook and eat my home cooked breakfast on the weekends.

    This guy sees it differently.

    ***In Thailand, he sees that Thai people are too busy being happy to think about happiness. Unlike Americans who constantly think of happiness, Thais are simply just happy without thinking about it. ***

    Book Searches for World's Happiest Places

  2. #2
    The Cat
    Bluecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-01-2011 @ 11:00 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,673
    Actually, if you have to think about it, chances are you're not happy...

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Who thinks??

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    You is or you ain't

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    All joking apart I'm happiest when I see the boss getting all excited and happy over some thing we've done together. Makes my day/week.
    Puts everything else into perspective.

  6. #6
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,379
    i was happy today when i suggested going out to eat and then my daughter said she would rather stay at home and eat one of my Fray Bentos pies with some mashed potato.

    i was less happy when i realised that it was our last one and i am not going back to the UK to restock until December.

    She pleased me even more when she confessed to becoming an addict of the BBC Entertainment channel since I have been away the last couple of weeks. At least I have somone else to enjoy watching TV with.

    Sorry its not in Thailand, but anyway thats what made me happy today.

  7. #7
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    All joking apart I'm happiest when I see the boss getting all excited and happy over some thing we've done together. Makes my day/week.
    Puts everything else into perspective.
    If you're talking about your boss at work, that's sad.

    If you are calling your wife "the boss", that's sad.

  8. #8
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    I was happy today, taking a break (justifying it to myself it was TD business) sitting drinking beer on the beach, watching my son enjoying himself & reading. Silent (ish) time for me in beautiful surroundings. Very nice.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    All joking apart I'm happiest when I see the boss getting all excited and happy over some thing we've done together. Makes my day/week.
    Puts everything else into perspective.
    If you're talking about your boss at work, that's sad.

    If you are calling your wife "the boss", that's sad.
    To call her "the boss" takes a millisecond and makes her laugh. It's become a habit of ours. I'm sure you have a "pet" name for whoever you store in your cupboard, or tether to the gate.


  10. #10
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat
    i was happy today when i suggested going out to eat and then my daughter said she would rather stay at home and eat one of my Fray Bentos pies with some mashed potato.
    She didn't want a Cornish pasty then?

    I'm happy because my son has started playing chess... so at last I can win

  11. #11
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    For me, I am probably the happiest when I cook and eat my home cooked breakfast on the weekends.

    This guy sees it differently.

    ***In Thailand, he sees that Thai people are too busy being happy to think about happiness. Unlike Americans who constantly think of happiness, Thais are simply just happy without thinking about it. ***
    Great thread that has great potential, HB.

    I have a good book on happiness.

    People perhaps in LOS are just "happy" while Westerners think and believe they "WILL" be happy IF something happens - externally.

    It comes form within; it's a mentality from within.

  12. #12
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman
    People perhaps in LOS are just "happy" while Westerners think and believe they "WILL" be happy IF something happens - externally.
    Yes, Thais seem happy to be wherever they are and don't seem bothered to change, whereas we tend to be always worrying about how we can "improve" our lives.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,953
    I'm happy cos' the kid is coming home tomorrow and she's bringing 3 catapults with her. She told me to drink lots of cans of beer tonight so we have plenty of targets.

  14. #14
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post

    I'm happy because my son has started playing chess... so at last I can win
    did you carve the chess set?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowspole View Post
    I'm happy cos' the kid is coming home tomorrow and she's bringing 3 catapults with her. She told me to drink lots of cans of beer tonight so we have plenty of targets.
    Sounds great.
    Targets? the cans or you?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,953
    Well I did say she's bringing 3 catapults...perhaps the wife's aim might be a bit off if I don't get off this damned computer asap!

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    run for your life

  18. #18
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Posts
    28,564
    In Happy today. Brought a pellet gun and shot the fcuken DokGar that had set up home outside my bedroom window. Maybe my missus and I can get some sleep now.

  19. #19
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy
    I'm sure you have a "pet" name for whoever you store in your cupboard, or tether to the gate.
    Yeah.
    "E Uan"

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    I know her. She was in Ban Chang for a while. Pretty girl, not a good shag though, or maybe it was me?

  21. #21
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-03-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    In Happy today. Brought a pellet gun and shot the fcuken DokGar that had set up home outside my bedroom window. Maybe my missus and I can get some sleep now.
    where did you get that?

  22. #22
    Mea-Culpa
    Dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 03:57 AM
    Location
    In the sticks.
    Posts
    7,389
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA
    I'm happy because my son has started playing chess... so at last I can win
    Enjoy it while it last...

  23. #23
    Mea-Culpa
    Dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 03:57 AM
    Location
    In the sticks.
    Posts
    7,389
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetter
    where did you get that?
    You can buy them on almost every market.

  24. #24
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Posts
    28,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetter
    where did you get that?
    You can buy them on almost every market.
    Dookgar taken care of with the pellet gun. Great nights sleep last night until about 5 in the morning.

    Does anyone know where I can purchase a good repossessed and to air missile?

    Gotta next take care of the mosque at the end of my soi!

  25. #25
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post

    Does anyone know where I can purchase a good repossessed and to air missile?
    PM me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •