Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098

    Old English Sheepdog Puppy



    Friends have gone back to Oz and against my better judgemenet entrusted me with this little mate over summer.(I hope) Not my choice of dog for HK weather.

    He is just over two months old and suffering terribly from the heat so I was wondering about clipping his coat at least on the belly so he won't get any skin things.I don't want him in the house all day in the aircon which he prefers.
    Outside he barks his head off trying to get back inside annoying the Dobermans next door.

    Any suggestions on how to keep him cool and comfortable?HK dog rescue friend suggested I give him a number 2 but seems a bit drastic.He also has to have a bath practically every day as he gets filthy dirty just from eating/drinking.

  2. #2
    RIP
    Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Rawai Phuket
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8 View Post


    Friends have gone back to Oz and against my better judgemenet entrusted me with this little mate over summer.(I hope) Not my choice of dog for HK weather.

    He is just over two months old and suffering terribly from the heat so I was wondering about clipping his coat at least on the belly so he won't get any skin things.I don't want him in the house all day in the aircon which he prefers.
    Outside he barks his head off trying to get back inside annoying the Dobermans next door.

    Any suggestions on how to keep him cool and comfortable?HK dog rescue friend suggested I give him a number 2 but seems a bit drastic.He also has to have a bath practically every day as he gets filthy dirty just from eating/drinking.
    Seems like a classic N.R . request/help post !

  3. #3
    Member Alex DeLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 05:26 PM
    Posts
    296
    Canine Cooler Bed



    If you shave him to a #2 he will get sunburn.

    A shaded area with a fan blowing at it would be good.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    I got lumped with the little devil so just want to know some info as google isn't much help.I have no experience with this breed I was hoping somebody had some advice,meantime he's off to the vet tomorrow for his shots so I will get some information.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyman
    Seems like a classic N.R . request/help post!
    Shame that bridge has probably been burnt...

  6. #6
    RIP
    Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Rawai Phuket
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyman
    Seems like a classic N.R . request/help post!
    Shame that bridge has probably been burnt...
    Sorry didn't realise that

  7. #7
    Member Alex DeLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 05:26 PM
    Posts
    296
    I suspect she'll do it for the dog.

  8. #8
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge
    I suspect she'll do it for the dog.
    Yes, but what about the little fella in the picture?

  9. #9
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Seriously though, what sort of people buy a dog and then two months later leave it with someone else for the summer?

    What cretins.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    Actually I don't know why people want this kind of breed in such a hot climate will try to PM Rain meantime anyone else with advice many thanks before the vet tomorrow.

    Agree there Noodles,and a puppy is like a baby.Three months isn't so bad if I knew what to do with him.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    did you take that photo?

  12. #12
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    of course not.

    it's a net photo.

    it is supposed to enhance his credibility.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    That's his brother and no he went to another friend as I can't have two dogs running around.

  14. #14
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    if you look at the picture properties, you can find this page.

    this is gracie now.


  15. #15
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    so, this is your page is it momo?

    Gracie

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    That's his size and what he looks like except he has a heart shaped black nose and pink in the middle he's just over two months but close to Shaggy.

  17. #17
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8
    That's his size and what he looks like except he has a heart shaped black nose and pink in the middle he's just over two months but close to Shaggy.
    you are nothing if not stubbornly relentless.

    i'll give you credit for that.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    indeed, that was the point i was making cmn

  19. #19
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    you know momo.

    it would be ever so easy to shut us all up by taking a picture of the dog with your own camera and posting it.
    I would be willing to eat my words if you did.

    otherwise take your chastisement for bothering good people for the advice they would take time out to give you.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    It's on my mobile and don't have the software to transfer it pronto.The pic looks just like him and the question is credible thanks we are not all technology experts.Will post tomorrow after he's been to the vet.

  21. #21
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    did you take that photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8
    That's his brother and no he went to another friend
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    if you look at the picture properties, you can find this page. this is gracie now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    so, this is your page is it momo? Gracie
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8
    That's his size and what he looks like except he has a heart shaped black nose and pink in the middle he's just over two months but close to Shaggy.
    Another sham!

  22. #22
    Member Alex DeLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 05:26 PM
    Posts
    296
    I greened you for that photo.

    I feel cheated.

  23. #23
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    ^You were, that was the plan all along, a plea for greens.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,098
    Well if you hang on I will try to post a couple of pics.

  25. #25
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8
    Well if you hang on I will try to post a couple of pics.
    i genuinely hope you do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •