Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Sobriety

  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331

    Sobriety

    still sober, patrick?

  2. #2
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    still sober, patrick?

    Had one hangover the morning I had to return to work after songkran. I f**king struggled through the day with my head as fragile as ever.

    Luckily that was enough to make me quit, and I've been sober ever since last week.

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    its fucking hard. hang in.

  4. #4
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    its fucking hard. hang in.

    It's not easy. The slightest thing and your (well, my) brain is looking for any excuse to get pissed, luckily I've resisited so far and have some good tablets.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In a rather cold and dark place
    Posts
    12,823
    I know what you are saying Pat

    The missus has gone away. Went away last week. First night she went away I got pissed saying it was ok I am happy when I am pissed.

    Last night it was what else to do.

    tonight it's what difference will it make.

    I am annoyed at myself but I know that the little demon will rise again. I still have it not to drink week days or work days never have.

  6. #6
    Roc
    Roc is offline
    Member
    Roc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2016 @ 06:39 PM
    Location
    Chang House,Ayutthaya for live music,indian curries,chicken wings and beer!
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    its fucking hard. hang in.
    F#ckin pussy...it's easy if you follow the rules!

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,109
    Nothing wrong with getting slightly pissed, been doing so most nights since I was 18 YO.
    I don't mean getting total shitfaced, I just mean getting pleasantly toxicated but still mobile like, just pissed enough that you bang into the bedroom door 3 times before you realise its closed.

  8. #8
    Member
    Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    11-06-2010 @ 03:58 AM
    Posts
    72
    what rules are they then?

  9. #9
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    It's not easy. The slightest thing and your (well, my) brain is looking for any excuse to get pissed, luckily I've resisited so far and have some good tablets.
    Yep and as long as you have them tablets you will keep getting fucked up, there is only one way to quit drinking, I told you that but you are such a smart asshole that you can't learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    what rules are they then?
    There is only one rule.

    If you don't drink, then you won't get drunk.

    I was drunk from the time I was 15 every chance I got til I was in my 20s then the drinking got worse and I would never drink at work but did come to work still fucked up and then got drunk daily and when I was 48 I had had enough, I quit, went to AA meetings and have not had a drink in over 26 years, but I know if I had a drink right now, I would be drunk before morning.

  10. #10
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    what rules are they then?
    Two words: don't drink


    I am imbibing beer at night at a pub and getting fat. My waist is expanding, and I'm not exercising.

    I have become lazy, and beer is one part of the equation.

    I have never been this lazy, physically, in my life.

    I need to kick myself in the arse.

    (OK, back to your thread Oblivion. And Pat, best of luck.)
    ............

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsquirrel View Post
    I know what you are saying Pat

    The missus has gone away. Went away last week. First night she went away I got pissed saying it was ok I am happy when I am pissed.

    Last night it was what else to do.

    tonight it's what difference will it make.

    I am annoyed at myself but I know that the little demon will rise again. I still have it not to drink week days or work days never have.
    Hi Squirrel,

    Hadn't you given up for a couple of years?

  12. #12
    Cenosillicaphobiac
    Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    4,195
    A bit of substitution works for me. A short intense workout gives a nice rush of endorphins, makes you feel healthy, and helps to balance out that weekend binge.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In a rather cold and dark place
    Posts
    12,823
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    Hi Squirrel, Hadn't you given up for a couple of years?
    I've done really well but had a few slips here and there. Only a handful though. Get back on track again.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    Good on ya mate, keep at it.

  15. #15
    Not an expat
    Fabian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Location
    Hamburg, cold dark Germany
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang View Post

    ...
    when I was 48 I had had enough, I quit, went to AA meetings and have not had a drink in over 26 years, but I know if I had a drink right now, I would be drunk before morning.
    I knew you were old but not that you are that old.

  16. #16
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian
    I knew you were old but not that you are that old.
    Yep, I am exactly that old, but sure the hell would not be had I continud to drink, I was in the process of suicide because I could not stand any more and could not quit when a friend found me and got me into detox and from there to AA and then back to life.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Jarvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    14-11-2013 @ 02:53 PM
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    and when I was 48 I had had enough, I quit, went to AA meetings and have not had a drink in over 26 years, but I know if I had a drink right now,

    Fuk off you old kunt....fair play to you though

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    Amazing how lucky we are that he knows how to operate a computer at the ripe old age of 74.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,109
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    Amazing how lucky we are that he knows how to operate a computer at the ripe old age of 74.
    Whiles shes not as adept as BG, my old Mum at 84 is reasonably computer competent, sends emails, uploads Photos and reads her news on the internet.
    As she lives alone in the Gold coast its made her life a lot richer as she can enjoy photos and MSN video chat with her grand and great grand children in other countries.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    Amazing how lucky we are that he knows how to operate a computer at the ripe old age of 74.
    and wot abt me then, where's my congratulatins?

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    You are only 60.

  22. #22
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    what rules are they then?
    Two words: don't drink
    Actually it's bit simpler that, because in reality it's only one drink that you aren't drinking: the first one.

    Once you get your mind around not having the "first drink" the process is quite simple.
    At first it's a bit difficult to break the habituation of drinking.
    The longer you're sober the easier it gets.
    Nearly 7 months for me now.

  23. #23
    Member meow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    10-11-2014 @ 01:57 AM
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    what rules are they then?
    Two words: don't drink
    Actually it's bit simpler that, because in reality it's only one drink that you aren't drinking: the first one.

    Once you get your mind around not having the "first drink" the process is quite simple.
    At first it's a bit difficult to break the habituation of drinking.
    The longer you're sober the easier it gets.
    Nearly 7 months for me now.
    True enough mate, and positive words !

    I am writing this in a right state. I am not drunk but trying my best to fend off the coming DT's. Just got out of hospital this afternoon with three staples in my head (don't ask).

    Booze is crap, unfortunately it is destroying my country......


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •