Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Cyber-bullying

  1. #1
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    5,756

    Cyber-bullying


    Amy 'Dolly' Everett starred in an Akubra ad campaign using this picture, taken eight years ago

    A 14-year-old girl from a well-known Northern Territory cattle family who took her own life last week has been
    remembered by her family as a "kind, caring and beautiful soul" as they launched a social media campaign to
    raise awareness of bullying and harassment.

    The family of Amy "Dolly" Everett, who was once the face of iconic Australian hat company Akubra, said they wanted
    to spare other families the grief they were experiencing at her loss, which they said came after she was tormented by cyber bullies.

    Here

    So sad, so young, so much to look forward to ...


    Our fingerprints never fade from the lives we touch

  2. #2
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    I was involved in the transition from arpanet to Internet. I genuinely believed that by enabling everyone to communicate we would make the world a better place. Back then we generally only knew far away people through books and letters and magazines and art. All of us working on linking the world were optimists, we believed it could only be positive. 40 years later I can't believe how wrong we were. The vast majority of people are ignorant scum and don't deserve a voice. If I could undo every job I have ever had and bring us back to the age of the telegram and the gestetner I would do it in a heartbeat. The world was a better and saner place when people had to make an effort to communicate, now that every fool with a phone can instantly spray his poison into what now passes for society our lives are corrupted by rape porn, bigots, nazis, and hateful ignorant inadequates who should have been strangled before birth. Everything good and decent about human culture has been shat on and corrupted beyond redemption by the worthless filth we have inadvertently given a voice to.
    Last edited by DrB0b; 12-01-2018 at 04:34 AM.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    13-08-2018 @ 05:28 PM
    Posts
    9,966
    For once I sort of might agree with nurse Bob, the internet while obviously being beneficial in many ways also has many downsides. As sad as it may seem now back when I was a child had pen pal friends and you used to make a lot of effort even as a single digit child telling them about your life however exaggerated then waiting anticipating for a month for the reply which back then again as sad as it may seem now was actually quite exciting when that letter dropped through the letter box telling me what what my similar agreed penpals in the US, Canada, Oz and NZ were up to. Now it's just a few words and click of a mouse, no one month turn around between letters and having to put effort in to make sure of a reply.
    Independence day - June 23 for Brits.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,513
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    now that every fool with a phone can instantly spray his poison into what now passes for society
    So says the guy who posts this sort of poison on a fellow member's obituary;
    "He was a vicious, nasty, vile piece of shit who despised anybody who was not white or male. He was an ignorant blowhard who despised empathy, understanding, learning, literature, art and all those things that make humanity worthwhile. He was an ignorant blowhard who contributed nothing worthwhile to anything ever.

    In his entire life he was nothing more than a tube that took food in at one end and expelled shit at the other. He left the world a better place than he found it, sadly he only did this by dying. My congratulations to his wife on her newfound freedom. I hope he left her enough money to justify all the times she was forced to suck his rancid cock. If there is an afterlife I hope he's burning in it. Fuck him, today the world is a slightly cleaner place."

    You're such a nice guy, Bob.

    " Everything good and decent about human culture has been shat on and corrupted beyond redemption by the worthless filth we have inadvertently given a voice to."

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,513
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    The vast majority of people are ignorant scum and don't deserve a voice.
    Yet you promote and support the voice of some of those ignorant scum. In fact, you often appear to be ignorant scum yourself.

    Stop with the holier than thou BS. You're a pseudointellectual who can't stand to be proven wrong and you become a nasty, foul-mouthed cyber bully yourself when your delicate sensibilites are hurt.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    In fact, you often appear to be ignorant scum yourself.
    ...agree: time for a costume change...555...

  7. #7
    lob
    lob is offline
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 AM
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    I was involved in the transition from arpanet to Internet. I genuinely believed that by enabling everyone to communicate we would make the world a better place. Back then we generally only knew far away people through books and letters and magazines and art. All of us working on linking the world were optimists, we believed it could only be positive. 40 years later I can't believe how wrong we were. The vast majority of people are ignorant scum and don't deserve a voice. If I could undo every job I have ever had and bring us back to the age of the telegram and the gestetner I would do it in a heartbeat. The world was a better and saner place when people had to make an effort to communicate, now that every fool with a phone can instantly spray his poison into what now passes for society our lives are corrupted by rape porn, bigots, nazis, and hateful ignorant inadequates who should have been strangled before birth. Everything good and decent about human culture has been shat on and corrupted beyond redemption by the worthless filth we have inadvertently given a voice to.
    democracy high on your list then. i agree with your social annalisis tho. unlike u i think education is the way forward, and t internet is a frontier well worth the effort. and inevitable... by the way your social annalisis was/has always been the case .

  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    I was involved in the transition from arpanet to Internet. I genuinely believed that by enabling everyone to communicate we would make the world a better place. Back then we generally only knew far away people through books and letters and magazines and art. All of us working on linking the world were optimists, we believed it could only be positive. 40 years later I can't believe how wrong we were. The vast majority of people are ignorant scum and don't deserve a voice. If I could undo every job I have ever had and bring us back to the age of the telegram and the gestetner I would do it in a heartbeat. The world was a better and saner place when people had to make an effort to communicate, now that every fool with a phone can instantly spray his poison into what now passes for society our lives are corrupted by rape porn, bigots, nazis, and hateful ignorant inadequates who should have been strangled before birth. Everything good and decent about human culture has been shat on and corrupted beyond redemption by the worthless filth we have inadvertently given a voice to.
    Quite nice of you not to send her family abuse , gloating about her death and telling them that the Worlds a better place without her .

  9. #9
    lob
    lob is offline
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 AM
    Posts
    1,785
    wow man i do remember that ,bob obituary, who was that on now, was it blackgang.

    remember the simple word credibility bob, apply it both pos and neg. makes life a lot simpler.

    always aggravates me when the piss fights take place, and all participants continue to give each other credibility. of which u are one man. cyber bullying only exists due to undeserved credibility. no electricity supply no cyber. ie turn the fucking thing off. simples.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,513
    Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    wow man i do remember that ,bob obituary, who was that on now, was it blackgang.
    See #4 which quotes Bob's post on Piwanoi's obit.

  11. #11
    lob
    lob is offline
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 AM
    Posts
    1,785
    pulling ones leg/taking the piss runs parallel to bullying, and without body language input can be miss read . i have recently come to the conclusion thats butters format, he is playing devils advocate. also called trolling.

  12. #12
    lob
    lob is offline
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 AM
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    See #4 which quotes Bob's post on Piwanoi's obit.
    cheers mate, never too familiar with the man so no opinion out side decency for the mans family bob, u fucking scum,,,, unquote, as for b/g i thought he was a diamond, not wot he portrayed himself to be ... there was a thread who u would/would not like to have a drink with, i said for me b/g he replied cheers but he dont drink, due to being a recovering alky, yep he was one honest man, which is why a few on here never liked him.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    22,655
    Trolling wasnt a lot of fun in the old days what with waiting 2 weeks for a reply from your penpals

  14. #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    wow man i do remember that ,bob obituary, who was that on now, was it blackgang.
    No, that was me .
    I did an obituary thread for DrB0b
    So, he can read what people thought about him , before he died .
    It was a response to the vile abuse he put on Piwanois obituary thread

  15. #15
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    13,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Trolling wasnt a lot of fun in the old days what with waiting 2 weeks for a reply from your penpals
    The worst part was having to wait a year before someone realised they were on your ignore list.

  16. #16
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    No, that was me .
    I did an obituary thread for DrB0b
    So, he can read what people thought about him , before he died .
    It was a response to the vile abuse he put on Piwanois obituary thread
    he means the obituary I wrote about Piwanoi. Your silly little screed was ignored and forgotten. My little stream of vitriol still gets the TD chavs all lathered up. It's not all about you, flake. It's about me!

    btw, isn't it interesting that Fluke means a type of parasitic flatworm?

  17. #17
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    he means the obituary I write about Piwanoi. It's not all about you, flake. It's about me!

    btw, isn't it interesting that Fluke means a type of parasitic flatworm?
    Lobs posts are rather hard to understand , lack of sentence structure and and random punctuation render his posts difficult to fathom and a lot of guess work is required

  18. #18
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Lobs posts are rather hard to understand , lack of sentence structure and and random punctuation render his posts difficult to fathom and a lot of guess work is required
    Then I suggest you get an adult to help you with the parts you find difficult.

  19. #19
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Then I suggest you get an adult to help you with the parts you find difficult.
    It really is nothing to do with my comprehension , his posts were vague and its unclear what he meant .

  20. #20
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    It really is nothing to do with my comprehension , his posts were vague and its unclear what he meant .
    It's code. He was arranging to pick up six kilos of China Blue from methmaan before the children's day shenanigans begin.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    16-10-2018 @ 10:27 PM
    Posts
    12,015
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    I was involved in the transition from arpanet to Internet. I genuinely believed that by enabling everyone to communicate we would make the world a better place. Back then we generally only knew far away people through books and letters and magazines and art. All of us working on linking the world were optimists, we believed it could only be positive. 40 years later I can't believe how wrong we were. The vast majority of people are ignorant scum and don't deserve a voice. If I could undo every job I have ever had and bring us back to the age of the telegram and the gestetner I would do it in a heartbeat. The world was a better and saner place when people had to make an effort to communicate, now that every fool with a phone can instantly spray his poison into what now passes for society our lives are corrupted by rape porn, bigots, nazis, and hateful ignorant inadequates who should have been strangled before birth. Everything good and decent about human culture has been shat on and corrupted beyond redemption by the worthless filth we have inadvertently given a voice to.
    Bob, hang onto your indignation and umbrage, the world has always been shit and populated by a majority of fucking idiots amounting to no more than bags for food and fillers of sewers.
    Nothing has changed over the millennia, it's just that you were a wee bit late in comprehending the reality and now you feel let down - it ain't them that are fucked up, it was you for being so fucking naive to think they could be otherwise, you mofo.

  22. #22
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    13,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Lobs posts are rather hard to understand , lack of sentence structure and and random punctuation render his posts difficult to fathom and a lot of guess work is required
    'Lobs' should have an apostrophe.

    You should have used a semi-colon instead of a comma, which should not have a space before it.

    You have repeated the word 'and'.


    There should have been a comma after the word 'fathom', and you are also missing a full stop.

  23. #23
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Bob, hang onto your indignation and umbrage, the world has always been shit and populated by a majority of fucking idiots amounting to no more than bags for food and fillers of sewers.
    Nothing has changed over the millennia, it's just that you were a wee bit late in comprehending the reality and now you feel let down - it ain't them that are fucked up, it was you for being so fucking naive to think they could be otherwise, you mofo.
    Yes. I blame society and the Christian Brothers and ask for 600 other offences to be taken into account before sentencing.

  24. #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2018 @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    'Lobs' should have an apostrophe.

    You should have used a semi-colon instead of a comma, which should not have a space before it.

    You have repeated the word 'and'.


    There should have been a comma after the word 'fathom', and you are also missing a full stop.
    Congratulations on writing more than one sentence Cyrille , well done .
    Although you cannot take credit for writing such a bit post , because most of those words were mine .
    Also , we are not talking about writing perfect English , we are talking about writing posts that are understandable and which are not open to personal comprehension .

  25. #25
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    we are talking about writing posts that are understandable and which are not open to personal comprehension
    While you failed on the first part you scored a perfect 10 on the second. Congrats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •