Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 245
  1. #1
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Posts
    44,579

    British pub landlord faces jail for writing 'death to Allah' on Qatar Airways seat

    What a gormless twat.



    A London pub landlord is facing jail after he wrote "death to Allah" on the armrest of his Qatar Airways business class seat because he was angry with the service.


    Joseph Breslin, 36, also scrawled an Islamophobic message on a napkin, attacking Muslims wearing headscarves, and dropped it between two passengers as the plane landed in Heathrow.


    Breslin, from Bromley, south London, pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment and one count of religiously aggravated criminal damage at Isleworth Crown Court, the Evening Standard reported on Wednesday (4 October).


    Judge Annabel Darlow QC freed him on bail until sentencing on 31 October, when she said he would likely face prison.


    The court heard how Breslin had been complaining throughout the 8 July flight and became "tired and irritated" at the service. He believed a fellow passenger was deliberately spraying perfume to annoy him.


    "As the plane was coming to land, one of the crew noticed him scribbling on the armrest of the seat," said prosecutor Bill McGivern.


    "He then left his seat and went between two other passengers, leaving a note which was very derogatory towards people who wear headscarves and it said 'death to Allah.'"


    McGivern said the note, which was written in English, was translated to the passengers who were then left "terrified".


    Complaints were made to airline staff and Breslin was arrested as he disembarked at Heathrow.


    Jeremy Wainwright, mitigating, said the incident was out of character for his client, who runs a pub in south London.


    "He had become irritated by his fellow passengers, he felt in particular they appeared to have an attitude towards him," Wainwright said.


    "The last in question had been spraying perfume around, and he had perceived it was aimed at insulting him.


    "The words on the armrest related to the plane service generally, and the fact he had become tired and irritated and that was directed at the airline."


    Judge Annabel Darlow QC condemned Breslin's behaviour as "extraordinarily offensive and unpleasant".


    British pub landlord faces jail for writing 'death to Allah' on Qatar Airways seat

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Location
    Naypyidaw, Myanmar
    Posts
    2,143
    Lucky the plane was flying to London and not flying to Qatar - he could face a right thrashing and more in Qatar.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    death to santa Claus this year

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    death to santa Claus this year
    You should be taken out and shot.

  5. #5
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Posts
    44,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon43 View Post
    Lucky the plane was flying to London and not flying to Qatar - he could face a right thrashing and more in Qatar.
    I doubt it but he would have been looking at chokey, and he's better off doing it in Blighty than that shithole.


  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,276
    " Allah is dead" you never see that anywhere, yet we have seen this one since the sixties " Jesus is dead "

  7. #7
    Totemic Lust User
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    10,469
    Jail seems a tiny bit harsh. It was not like there was any physical handbags or confrontation.

    I would have thought a few thousand pounds fine and a good behaviour bond would be more commensurate.

    Maybe it will be suspended.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Judge Annabel Darlow QC freed him on bail until sentencing on 31 October, when she said he would likely face prison
    he's going down alright

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Location
    Mandalay
    Posts
    558
    What an idiot! Gives that bad image of Boozed up Brits on Tour to other nationalities. A stiff fine plus the already public humiliation should do the job.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Posts
    5,035
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    What a gormless twat.
    I guess nothing beats swallowing arab cocks and shouting alah akba when done

    isn't gay sex illegal in the desert ? how did you get away with it ?

  11. #11
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Posts
    44,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I guess nothing beats swallowing arab cocks and shouting alah akba when done

    isn't gay sex illegal in the desert ? how did you get away with it ?
    Could you please curb your obsessive gay fantasies, no-one wants to hear how you love the cock.

  12. #12
    Member
    reddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Posts
    966
    The shame of it all when you are a soap dodger and get upset when a passenger sprays perfume at you.

  13. #13
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    956
    I am not sure how this constitutes a crime. It is not possible to kill someone who does not exist. You may as well say death to the tooth fairy, brare rabbit or paddington bear. The political correctness in the U.K. now borders on repression. One may argue it is disresptful to Islam and therefore its' followers but disrespect in itself is not a crime. Unfortunately this is the result of allowing left wing thought to dominate the social and political agenda and is proving to be as equally oppressive as the right wing agenda. At best one can say this man was expressing a private thought and is demonstrating his right to freedom of speech. If he had written death to God (Although one could argue that allah and God are not the same entities), he would have at worst been charged with vandalising the arm rest. In Australia some of the vindictiveness directed towards people who do not support Gay marriage has shown how independant thought contrary to left wing ideals will no longer be tolerated as this far left cancer spreads around the world.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Jail seems a tiny bit harsh. It was not like there was any physical handbags or confrontation.

    I would have thought a few thousand pounds fine and a good behaviour bond would be more commensurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog View Post
    The shame of it all when you are a soap dodger and get upset when a passenger sprays perfume at you.
    Agree.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    18-10-2017 @ 07:30 AM
    Location
    Civilization
    Posts
    13,170
    What a dickhead.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat Thai3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,308
    Qatar the well known funders of Jihad having a bloke arrested for a bit of scribble, seems rather unjust.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    In Australia some of the vindictiveness directed towards people who do not support Gay marriage has shown how independant thought contrary to left wing ideals will no longer be tolerated as this far left cancer spreads around the world.
    ...the pouty lower lip trembles once more with self-indulgent boo hooism...

    ...however, agree that jail time for offensive behavior in this case is a bit extreme...better a public lashing in Trafalgar Square pour encourager les autres...

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    The UK justice system will make an example of him to appease diversity and multiculturalism. They don't really have a choice, with security services under the cosh daily from fundamentalists.
    As if they needed another excuse for an atrocity.
    Just pandering to the sensitivities of the Islamic faith.
    Alans snackbar never had it so good.
    Heart of Gold and a Knob of butter.

  19. #19
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    It is not possible to kill someone who does not exist.
    this should have been the argument in court - though obviously this twat wrote what he did in an attempt to insult the religious views of the airways staff

    I would guess prior to his literary debut he would have been volubly dribbling the sh1t

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui View Post
    The UK justice system will make an example of him to appease diversity and multiculturalism
    ...such appeasement would only be necessary in a culture where many view their parochial selves as somehow more suited to the land than newcomers...

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon43 View Post
    Lucky the plane was flying to London and not flying to Qatar - he could face a right thrashing and more in Qatar.
    Yes, lucky bloke, or an astute coward.

  22. #22
    lob
    lob is offline
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I am not sure how this constitutes a crime. It is not possible to kill someone who does not exist. You may as well say death to the tooth fairy, brare rabbit or paddington bear. The political correctness in the U.K. now borders on repression. One may argue it is disresptful to Islam and therefore its' followers but disrespect in itself is not a crime. Unfortunately this is the result of allowing left wing thought to dominate the social and political agenda and is proving to be as equally oppressive as the right wing agenda. At best one can say this man was expressing a private thought and is demonstrating his right to freedom of speech. If he had written death to God (Although one could argue that allah and God are not the same entities), he would have at worst been charged with vandalising the arm rest. In Australia some of the vindictiveness directed towards people who do not support Gay marriage has shown how independant thought contrary to left wing ideals will no longer be tolerated as this far left cancer spreads around the world.
    thanks hugh, the only sensible post so far..... i'd add, the disproportional attitude between muslims and non muslims on a social and legal level borders a crime in its self.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...such appeasement would only be necessary in a culture where many view their parochial selves as somehow more suited to the land than newcomers...
    Just like the rather disjointed current population of the UK then.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    8,994
    Poor bloke probably just having a nicotine withdrawal fit of pique.. Jailing in the UK for "Islamophobia"...WTF??

  25. #25
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Posts
    672
    Stupid thing to do...jail time seems a bit harsh

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •