Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 245
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
    Poor bloke probably just having a nicotine withdrawal fit of pique.. Jailing in the UK for "Islamophobia"...WTF??
    He didnt get charged with "Islamophobia" though , he got charged with "Religiously aggravated criminal damage" .
    That applies to all Religions, not just Islam .
    You make it sound like there are special laws for Islam

  2. #27
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Posts
    44,560
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    this should have been the argument in court - though obviously this twat wrote what he did in an attempt to insult the religious views of the airways staff

    I would guess prior to his literary debut he would have been volubly dribbling the sh1t
    He's probably some kind of hero on the BNP forums.

  3. #28
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I am not sure how this constitutes a crime. It is not possible to kill someone who does not exist. You may as well say death to the tooth fairy, brare rabbit or paddington bear. The political correctness in the U.K. now borders on repression. One may argue it is disresptful to Islam and therefore its' followers but disrespect in itself is not a crime. Unfortunately this is the result of allowing left wing thought to dominate the social and political agenda and is proving to be as equally oppressive as the right wing agenda. At best one can say this man was expressing a private thought and is demonstrating his right to freedom of speech. If he had written death to God (Although one could argue that allah and God are not the same entities), he would have at worst been charged with vandalising the arm rest. In Australia some of the vindictiveness directed towards people who do not support Gay marriage has shown how independant thought contrary to left wing ideals will no longer be tolerated as this far left cancer spreads around the world.
    Imagine if a trendy left-wing comedian had done it, in a kind of ironic way...

  4. #29
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    He didnt get charged with "Islamophobia" though , he got charged with "Religiously aggravated criminal damage" .
    That applies to all Religions, not just Islam .
    You make it sound like there are special laws for Islam
    See if that works with scribbling "Jedis are nerf herders" in the air with your sparkler this bonfire night...

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:46 PM
    Posts
    34,586
    Nobody's spoken about the shitty service...

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo View Post
    See if that works with scribbling "Jedis are nerf herders" in the air with your sparkler this bonfire night...

    Jedi is not a Religion though and writing something with a sparkler doesnt cause any damage

  7. #32
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    You haven't heard of the epidemic of offendedness striking Britain dumb?

  8. #33
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I am not sure how this constitutes a crime.
    Nah, you wouldn't, must be normal to scribble on seats and leave derogatory notes at other passengers' feet where you come from.

  9. #34
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Posts
    44,560
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    Nobody's spoken about the shitty service...
    Their front cabins are among the best in the business for service, food and comfort.

    Now, if he'd been taken commensurate action on BA I'd be starting a "Free Joey Breslin" campaign.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,438
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment
    The simple solution is: Ban all religion.

    Once religious indoctrination of children is banned it should be one generation away from a better, less religiousy harrassmenty World.

  11. #36
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    The trouble is that "religion" is on the same spectrum as "politics" and "gangs"... it's the "jailing people for offendedness" shit that's the problem... fine people, by all means, problem sorted, doing anything else is basically fascist.

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNemo View Post
    The trouble is that "religion" is on the same spectrum as "politics" and "gangs"... it's the "jailing people for offendedness" shit that's the problem... fine people, by all means, problem sorted, doing anything else is basically fascist.
    Although he isnt being charged with causing offence .
    He is being charged with criminal damage and harassment

  13. #38
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    Superficially, yes... but who amongst us is blind to the underpinning "offence"? Has he prevented a flight from operating? Has he caused persons aboard to genuinely feel fear (it's so easy to abuse the letter of laws to feign fear and offence).

  14. #39
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Nah, you wouldn't, must be normal to scribble on seats and leave derogatory notes at other passengers' feet where you come from.
    Just in case you have trouble sprechen ze English. He was not charged with criminal damage or defacing property in which case there would be no argument, you semen swallowing sausage sucker.... A derogatory note where I come from? No snow flake, we say it to your face in Oz.
    Jeezus wept, how many world wars do you people need to have your arses kicked in before you get rid of that false sense of superiority? By the way thanks for the red. I dont need it so i shall return it shortly. Spare me your slow witted sarcasm or at least try to get it above a primary school level before you use it again. Its quite pathetic. Dont get tangled up in your suspender belt trying to think of a reply you look stupid enough already. Quit while your behind.

    No Snubs I dont support fascists or any other "ist" I dislike the far right as much as the far left. Extremists on both sides think they are the only owners of the truth. They cannot see reason in any counter argument and are in fact blind to everything but their own agenda. They lose the ability of critical thinking and the use of logic, as their "logic" now just becomes another part of their own ideology. Thats why we inevitably end up with the Stalins, Hitlers and Polpots of the world. Sorry I misjudged you. Thought you were more thinking and less judgemental than that.

    Cogito Ergo Sum
    Last edited by Hugh Cow; 08-10-2017 at 04:40 PM.

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Just in case you have trouble sprechen ze English. He was not charged with criminal damage or defacing property in which case there would be no argument, you semen swallowing sausage sucker.... A derogatory note where I come from?
    Breslin, from Bromley, south London, pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment and one count of religiously aggravated criminal damage at Isleworth Crown Court, the Evening Standard reported on Wednesday"

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    , you semen swallowing sausage sucker.... A derogatory note where I come from? No snow flake, we say it to your face in Oz.

    Cogito Ergo Sum
    So in Australia , you dont send derogatory notes to people , you say it to their faces ?
    You wouldnt send someone a message saying "you semen swallowing sausage sucker" by writing , you would say it to their face ?

  17. #42
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Just in case you have trouble sprechen ze English.
    No plobrem, mate.

    What about you, have you grasped what he has been charged & convicted for, or does your English-BoganRetard translation device need new batteries?

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:58 AM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    So in Australia , you dont send derogatory notes to people , you say it to their faces ?
    You wouldnt send someone a message saying "you semen swallowing sausage sucker" by writing , you would say it to their face ?
    Exactly. Fuck your quick on the uptake fluke.

  19. #44
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Breslin, from Bromley, south London, pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment and one count of religiously aggravated criminal damage at Isleworth Crown Court, the Evening Standard reported on Wednesday"
    Wow, so now in a technologically advanced modern liberal democracy you can be prosecuted for wishing harm upon a made-up ubiquitous omnipotent mythological figure? It's beyond parody. I wonder if the Greek government has been following this, "religiously aggravated criminal damage", with respect to the Elgin marbles? Athena must be avenged, surely...?

    http://youtu.be/DnHZlesHdEo?t=1m11s

    Just a fine for replacing the section of material on the chair is all that's required, surely?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F2i0rYMj8

    we are all figments of our own imagination.

  20. #45
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,786
    In case you forgot to read the OP.

    A London pub landlord is facing jail after he wrote "death to Allah" on the armrest of his Qatar Airways business class seat because he was angry with the service.

    Joseph Breslin, 36, also scrawled an Islamophobic message on a napkin, attacking Muslims wearing headscarves, and dropped it between two passengers as the plane landed in Heathrow.

    "As the plane was coming to land, one of the crew noticed him scribbling on the armrest of the seat," said prosecutor Bill McGivern.

    "He then left his seat and went between two other passengers, leaving a note which was very derogatory towards people who wear headscarves and it said 'death to Allah.'

  21. #46
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,786
    The defendant sems to beleieve that Allah was responsible for the service on the plane.

    ...he wrote "death to Allah" on the armrest of his Qatar Airways business class seat because he was angry with the service.

    Jeremy Wainwright, mitigating, said ...

    "The words on the armrest related to the plane service generally, and the fact he had become tired and irritated and that was directed at the airline."

  22. #47
    Thailand Expat Farangrakthai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,077
    not very smart of him, of course, as many muslims are thin-skinned about criticism of their religion.

    ------------

    take this case for example:

    A Saudi businessman was laughed at by flight attendants when he wrote "death to Jesus" on the armrest of his Virgin Airways business class seat because he was angry with the service.

    Mohammed, 36, also scrawled an anti-christianity message on a napkin, attacking nuns wearing headscarves, and dropped it between two passengers as the plane landed in Heathrow.



  23. #48
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,360
    Graffiti is vandalism is a crime.
    That's one of his charges. Nothing to do with the message.
    Then there's the note, which was religiously harassing.

    To those posters who think it's a storm in a teacup, what did you say in the news story of the Chinese tourist who scribbled graffiti on a buddha statue in Thailand or the story about the Thai tourist who graffitied on The Great Wall in China?
    I bet there were derogatory remarks.

    ^ The Saudi businessman would have face criminal damage charges for the graffiti and whatever charges for the religious harrasment.
    What happens when Jewish graves are vandalised? Uproar!! Criminal damage plus religiously motivated offense.

  24. #49
    Totemic Lust User
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Posts
    10,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Farangrakthai View Post
    death to Jesus
    It is a good exercise to go through when trying to measure the right of muslims to be indignant about supposed 'anti-muslim' incidents that happen in the west.

    Just rescript the scenario with christianity/jesus replaced as the target of the attack and imagine how strongly the offender would be dealt with before getting all antzy and defensive about victims of so-called 'islamophobia'

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat Farangrakthai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    To those posters who think it's a storm in a teacup, what did you say in the news story of the Chinese tourist who scribbled graffiti on a buddha statue in Thailand .
    writing something on an arm rest is not analogous to scribbling on a buddha staute, is it?

    the typical muslim govt reaction of being offended by the likes of everyone from salmon rushdie to a guy writing "death to allah" when he's pissed off by the service is more similar to north korea arresting that u.s. uni kid for snagging a souvenir, IMO.
    Last edited by Farangrakthai; 08-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •