Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910
Results 226 to 245 of 245
  1. #226
    Totemic Lust User
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by HermantheGerman View Post
    Brand New ! Scenes from "Life of Brian II"

    Muhammad's mother: He's not the Prophet. He's a very naughty boy! Now, piss off!
    This is gold dust! What a superb idea. Life of Brian II starring the prophet Muhammed!

    It does raise the question what if the fella had written something facetiously humorous about Islam instead of merely offensive? Western social mores, based on the Python precedent, dictate that making fun of religion is in the game and religious dog-botherers just have to suck it up.

    Islam needs to be needled with a bit of humour regularly as part of helping it to grow up and not take itself so seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    I am not "afraid" and I have not posted that I am "afraid" to answer your question, therefore you have deliberately posted a false accusation. It is a lie. You have lied.
    Can't really give you that logical assertion Nev. Lying involves an intent to deceive or knowingly making a false statement. FRT could have been mistaken.


  2. #227
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    FRT could have been mistaken
    FaRT is a persistent dissembling troll...if ignored, he goes away...slowly, but he eventually goes...

  3. #228
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    25,952


    Andres Serrano. Lock him up. Blasphemy, antichristian hate.!!

  4. #229
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Life of Brian II starring the prophet Muhammed!

    It does raise the question what if the fella had written something facetiously humorous about Islam instead of merely offensive? Western social mores, based on the Python precedent, dictate that making fun of religion is in the game and religious dog-botherers just have to suck it up.
    The guy wasn't making a film nor drawing a cartoon - he was unhappy about the service on the airplane, took revenge by writing an offensive message on the armrest and harrassing other passengers, using religion.

  5. #230
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post


    Can't really give you that logical assertion Nev. Lying involves an intent to deceive or knowingly making a false statement. FRT could have been mistaken.

    Not on Teakdoor, A lie allegation on Teakdoor is something that you dont like the sound of

  6. #231
    Totemic Lust User
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    The guy wasn't making a film nor drawing a cartoon - he was unhappy about the service on the airplane, took revenge by writing an offensive message on the armrest and harrassing other passengers, using religion.
    I am just conscious of the fact that the justice system tends to come down hard on people who 'offend' islam simply because society is wary about followers of islam being 'touchy' but their being 'touchy' is really more their problem than ours.

    I would like to see a systematic attempt to poke fun at Islam on a regular basis until they learn that we do not take their religion as seriously as they do and that religion is not something that we accept people getting hysterically upset over these days since the west has grown up a bit more than the middle east has w.r.t. religion.

    We can go on offering them the usual eggshells grovelling 'multicultural' courtesy that we have been as a bit of 'carrot' but we should start following it up with regular doses of satire and jokes as a bit of stick to get them moving a bit faster along the maturity curve.

  7. #232
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Farangrakthai View Post
    i'm offering to support the unpopular side of the debate, so not sure what the problem is.
    The perp who committed the crimes admitted to it and is going down, what's there to "debate"?

  8. #233
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    956
    A London pub landlord is facing jail after he wrote "death to Allah" on the armrest of his Qatar Airways business class seat because he was angry with the service.

    Lets get to the Nub. He should be charged with criminal damage and be forced to pay for the cleaning or repair. He should also be fined. He should have the right of free speech to say death to Allah.

    Joseph Breslin, 36, also scrawled an Islamophobic message on a napkin, attacking Muslims wearing headscarves, and dropped it between two passengers as the plane landed in Heathrow.

    He dropped a note denigrating head scarves which apparently had to be translated to the passengers because they could not read English. At worst he should be warned or fined for harrassment. But by making the charge religiously motivated violates his right to free speech. We are not arguing whether the accused was a Dick. That is self evident.

    Breslin, from Bromley, south London, pleaded guilty to two charges of religiously aggravated harassment and one count of religiously aggravated criminal damage at Isleworth Crown Court, the Evening Standard reported on Wednesday (4 October).

    To me the argument is A: this crime is petty and should not attract a gaol sentence and B: The fact that this law is on the statutes in a supposed western democracy, rather than an Islamic country where Islam does not tolerate religious freedom or dissent, is a disgrace and I believe, an infringement of his civil rights. If we are to follow this unhealthy trend of "appeasement at all costs" by the P.C. lobby, it will soon be unlawful to say anything which in the opinion of someone else is offensive. An extension of this can be seen in some of the latest laws in Thailand. All these laws are designed to stifle dissention and free speech of those with a different opinion to the current P.C. paradigm and is spreading through the west like an Orwellian Ministry of Truth. Far from quelling the people that these laws are aimed at, it will foment discontent and fuel the rise of the far right even further. The far left and the far right are just different sides of the same coin. Both do not tolerate dissenting views and are both just as dangerous IMO.
    An Australian example of PC stupidity for those interested. Known as section 18C of the racial discrimination act.

    https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...30-goit14.html

  9. #234
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    He should have the right of free speech to say death to Allah.
    agree: in his domicile to his wife...in a public setting, however, social living requires constraints on free speech, much like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater...

  10. #235
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    The fact that this law is on the statutes in a supposed western democracy, rather than an Islamic country where Islam does not tolerate religious freedom or dissent, is a disgrace and I believe, an infringement of his civil rights.
    His religious freedom has not been infringed, nor his right to dissent. Nobody asked him to conform to anything other than civility and the law.

  11. #236
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow
    He dropped a note denigrating head scarves which apparently had to be translated to the passengers because they could not read English. At worst he should be warned or fined for harrassment. But by making the charge religiously motivated violates his right to free speech
    But it was clearly religiously motivated and free speech? What about the rights of others to not be harassed by dickheads.

  12. #237
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 12:56 PM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    4,640
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    What about the rights of others to not be harassed by dickheads.
    What the hell are Rights, Free speech or harassment ?
    I prefer a good stiff Fatwa issued by Umar, second caliph of the Prophet ?

  13. #238
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Posts
    44,579
    Quote Originally Posted by HermantheGerman View Post
    What the hell are Rights, Free speech or harassment ?
    I prefer a good stiff Fatwa issued by Umar, second caliph of the Prophet ?
    I was in Saudi yesterday.

    No-one issued a fatwa against me.

    Mind you, I couldn't get a pint and a bacon butty for love nor money.

  14. #239
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Mind you, I couldn't get a pint and a bacon butty for love nor money
    then you're on the wrong compound...

  15. #240
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,553
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    No-one issued a fatwa against me
    then you're on the wrong compound...

  16. #241
    Member
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    956
    I already said he should be warned or fined for harassment. If someone wrote death to Jesus on a note in Arabic and dropped it at my feet and I then have to get it translated to feel harrassed "and then left terrified" FFS spare me. I would more likely think what a wanker.
    Can anyone tell me the gaol sentences of the gentlemen in the photo below.
    (for balance the demonstration was in relation to cartoons of Mohamed.)
    Just for the record, to all those lucky Brits that have allowed droves of these peaceful and obviously greatful people to seek shelter in their country from some third world sh#t hole, "You lucky, lucky Bastards!"

    Last edited by Hugh Cow; 18-10-2017 at 07:34 AM.

  17. #242
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    If someone wrote death to Jesus on a note in Arabic and dropped it at my feet and I then have to get it translated to feel harrassed "and then left terrified" FFS spare me.
    You'd be surprised how fast they'd be whisked off the plane and treated like terrorists. There have been cases of much more trivial incidences.

  18. #243
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Can anyone tell me the gaol sentences of the gentlemen in the photo below.
    quite a difference, imo, between possibly threatening actions on a plane where no escape is possible and a city street...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I would more likely think what a wanker.
    many would admire your manly sangfroid...others, strapped in their seats, might be looking around for a flight attendant...

  19. #244
    Totemic Lust User
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    10,469
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    You'd be surprised how fast they'd be whisked off the plane and treated like terrorists.
    I guess the fact that it was on a plane means they are treating it more seriously.

    If a Muslim started engaging in that kind of message writing on a plane they would probably be dealt with harshly given the history of plane-related Islamic terrorism.

    It seems like maybe what they are doing is here is treating the fella harshly to show 'impartiality' since a Muslim would be treated harshly.

    But is that fair since there is no history of plane based Christian terrorism but a very real and recent history of Islamic plane-related terrorism.

    I think it is one of those situations where discriminating against Muslims with punishment severity is justified since they present a credible threat w.r.t. hijacking/bombing planes whereas Christians do not.

  20. #245
    Sauerkraut stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Oktoberfest
    Posts
    21,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Herr Stroller.Did it ever occur to that badly fermenting cabbage which you use in place of a brain , to form a sentence like, say "I disagree because" instead of these childish reds? I realise it is difficult to sound intelligent when you have an IQ of a brain damaged rodent but try, no matter how much it hurts.
    You mean to admit that you don't read my posts on this thread?
    I know it's difficult for someone who's so far up his arse he cannot perceive anything but his own prejudices, but you could try to separate the topic at hand from the bile you like to throw around.
    "this message is hidden because the turdsniffing oaf is on your ignore list"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •