Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    02-09-2018 @ 02:44 AM
    Location
    Bayswater
    Posts
    172

    What is TD to you?

    To me TD's an interactive cyber-sitcom in which you can prod the oddball characters and make up your own when you have a quiet moment or two, and then laugh when they get all haughty and try to stop you toying with the only social life they have.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Fuck off smeg

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    02-09-2018 @ 02:44 AM
    Location
    Bayswater
    Posts
    172
    Tough talk

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    jimbobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    29-07-2017 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Phon Thong (Roi et)
    Posts
    1,937
    It's a friendly warm fuzzy place that picks you up when your having a bad day or a personal crisis a bit like the Samaritans

  5. #5
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Starts cool
    Warms to plot
    Kettled
    Lets of steam
    Evaporates like fairy gold of Pride Street Beige Water
    Ends up without a marmelade sandwich merkin
    How much can Paddington Bare?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    To me TD's an interactive cyber-sitcom in which you can prod the oddball characters and make up your own when you have a quiet moment or two, and then laugh when they get all haughty and try to stop you toying with the only social life they have.
    It means that when your best friend on here awakes in Thailand he will be posting on here and this thread will be another "Tom and Jerry" cartoon

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobs
    It's a friendly warm fuzzy place that picks you up when your having a bad day or a personal crisis a bit like the Samaritans
    More like kicks you in the gonads when you are writhing in pain from an elbow to the jaw. Friendly like a drag party after with Isis more like..

    Since returning to NZ, after 10 ish years in Thailand - I have no friends (apart from my wife's friends who I have adopted as my own) so by virtue of being friendless.. you are lumped with me unfortunately.


  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Someone has to keep the felchers at bay...It's like owning a ranch...Ya gotta ride the range and check the fence-lines every so often 'cause the little weasels might breach
    the border lines...

    A quick rap on the head with a gun butt or cudgel and it's all good...But they do come back, like zombies...

    Sad and dangerous part is: They know who they are...

  9. #9
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy
    Someone has to keep the felchers at bay.
    .... but not you eh, boy?

    This forum is a lot like you Smegma. Starts off slowly, then fizzles out altogether. Let's face it you are a spent firework.

  10. #10
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,743
    <burp>

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    I think the "duke" (snicker) is wetting his tights and preparing for meltdown...

    Mellow out and listen to some Joplin, ffs..."Everyone in this world wants the same damn thing"...

    You're the first of the "know who you are" gang to respond, Chas, so have a cigar...

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,268

  13. #13
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy
    I think the "duke" (snicker) is wetting his tights and preparing for meltdown...

    Mellow out and listen to some Joplin, ffs..."Everyone in this world wants the same damn thing"...

    You're the first of the "know who you are" gang to respond, Chas, so have a cigar...
    Have you ever tried poin English boy?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Just in time, NZ...Cheers...

  15. #15
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    To me TD's an interactive cyber-sitcom in which you can prod the oddball characters and make up your own
    For the majority I think it is a community. A messed up and dysfunctional one maybe, but a community all the same. Where we can share our experiences, learn something, be entertained, amused or even sometimes educated. We can bicker to our hearts content (or at least until the mods get sick of it).

    But here is the thing. By and large it is people sharing their experiences. Largely in anonymity, but real experiences by real people.

    Now you, you think of it as some cyber playground, which is why I, and I think many others, think of you as the board equivalent of a turd in a bowl of soup.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Not a bad analysis, nidhogg...

    Cheers...

  17. #17
    Member
    Door Knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    19-09-2019 @ 03:24 PM
    Location
    Error 404
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    To me TD's an interactive cyber-sitcom in which you can prod the oddball characters and make up your own
    For the majority I think it is a community. A messed up and dysfunctional one maybe, but a community all the same. Where we can share our experiences, learn something, be entertained, amused or even sometimes educated. We can bicker to our hearts content (or at least until the mods get sick of it).

    But here is the thing. By and large it is people sharing their experiences. Largely in anonymity, but real experiences by real people.

    Now you, you think of it as some cyber playground, which is why I, and I think many others, think of you as the board equivalent of a turd in a bowl of soup.
    This place is still a mystery to me. I have a feeling some members here would feel right at home at 4Chan.

    Still beats the shit out of Thai Visa though. I lasted about 2 days in that den of snakes. Didn't get banned or anything, just felt nauseous every time I logged in.

    What I like about TD is the fact that mods don't seem to treat you like absolute children and start dishing out bans the second two members lock horns.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,268
    ^ Nid's summary was spot on IMHO.

    DK... is TV really so inhospitable? (even more so than here?)...

    I guess I lucked out then ey? joined Ajarn, but never posted... never joined TV.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Door Knob
    This place is still a mystery to me. I have a feeling some members here would feel right at home at 4Chan.

    Still beats the shit out of Thai Visa though. I lasted about 2 days in that den of snakes. Didn't get banned or anything, just felt nauseous every time I logged in.

    What I like about TD is the fact that mods don't seem to treat you like absolute children and start dishing out bans the second two members lock horns.
    Well said, Door Knob...I guess you won't be getting offended when someone calls you a doorknob in the future...

    Yes, it is a strange place...Too bad, it can't last...Maybe the women will save it...Only chance, I think...

    And I don't mean Sophia, either...That "poor girl" is pretty busy as it is...

  20. #20
    Member
    Door Knob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    19-09-2019 @ 03:24 PM
    Location
    Error 404
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    ^ Nid's summary was spot on IMHO.

    DK... is TV really so inhospitable? (even more so than here?)...

    I guess I lucked out then ey? joined Ajarn, but never posted... never joined TV.
    That place is an old boy's club. TD seems a bit like that as well to an extent, but it's more fragmented. You won't get everyone flaming you all at once if you're a newbie. Plus the admins are all on a power trip on TV. They're famous for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Door Knob
    This place is still a mystery to me. I have a feeling some members here would feel right at home at 4Chan.

    Still beats the shit out of Thai Visa though. I lasted about 2 days in that den of snakes. Didn't get banned or anything, just felt nauseous every time I logged in.

    What I like about TD is the fact that mods don't seem to treat you like absolute children and start dishing out bans the second two members lock horns.
    Well said, Door Knob...I guess you won't be getting offended when someone calls you a doorknob in the future...

    Yes, it is a strange place...Too bad, it can't last...Maybe the women will save it...Only chance, I think...

    And I don't mean Sophia, either...That "poor girl" is pretty busy as it is...
    Well I don't take myself seriously and I'm not easy to offend. So I think I'll be fine here.

    Not sure about all the doom and gloom though. TD has members with some of the highest post counts I've seen anywhere, so it's been doing something right for a long time obviously. Some members just need to pipe down on the paranoia a bit when it comes to new members to allow for new blood to flow in. I understand trolling is an issue, but all they have to do is err on the side of caution and simply ignore suspected multi-nickers. Attention is oxygen to a troll, but people can't seem to starve them off it, like not being able to stop tonguing a sore tooth. The crusaders are as much to blame as the trolls IMHO.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,268
    Yeah, I don't care who is a troll/multi-nick, if they say their mum has cancer and ask for advice or whatever, I will take their word for it and respond if I think I can offer some solid advice (or a stupid asinine comment)...

  22. #22
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,878
    I enjoy the news...occasionally there are interesting poster insights and articles that I haven't seen elsewhere. I like the movie threads. I enjoy all the travel photo threads, and kudos to those with the patience to put them up.

    The constant bickering by a few members is irritating, as are the multiniks.

    All in all, I enjoy TD for the most part.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    I enjoy the news...occasionally there are interesting poster insights and articles that I haven't seen elsewhere. I like the movie threads. I enjoy all the travel photo threads, and kudos to those with the patience to put them up.

    The constant bickering by a few members is irritating, as are the multiniks.

    All in all, I enjoy TD for the most part.
    Pretty much the same but I regret the lack of common civility which seems to becoming the norm.
    There are some great people on here who I find interesting and amusing, informative and helpful. It's just a shame that a few drag it down.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Agreed...We all have our reasons...This thread should be moved from the Dog House...

    I find it an innate need to communicate with people...We are a social animal...I do quite well on my own and don' generally "like people"...

    But "no man is an island"...

    I can't help but thinking of the madness of John McAfee when "stranded" in Belize with no "communication"...

    His life, mind you, was a mad one, anyway...

  25. #25
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,878
    ^Very true, unfortunately. I've simply never understood what joy posters get from signing on to a forum simply to try to disrupt it. Or staying on a forum for years when they are clearly detested by the vast majority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •