Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    snakeeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    pattaya
    Posts
    7,738

    Shocking News , German Found Badly Electrocuted on Thepprasit Road

    German Found Badly Electrocuted on Thepprasit Road




    At 5.30pm on the evening of September 16, Sawang Boriboon medics were called to the Thongcharoen Hardware on Thepprasit Road after a German national had been found badly injured and calling for help outside.

    A crowd had gathered and the victim, sixty-three year old Mr Hans Joseph Jensen, was treated for serious burns and taken to Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital.

    A staff member at the store, thirty-four year old, Ms. Chantana Chinnachote, said the victim was a regular customer who lived nearby. He turned up at the shop bleeding heavily and badly burned and so she immediately called for the rescue services and then looked after him.

    Later on Mr Jensen was able to say he had been on a ladder, at his home repairing a damaged curtain rail, when he felt a huge electric shock that knocked him out.

    When he came round he was able to walk to the shop where he knew people and ask for help.

    German Found Badly Electrocuted on Thepprasit Road | Pattaya One, News for Pattaya Thailand

  2. #2
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Hope it's not curtains for Herr Jensen and he pulls himself together,

    Auf Wiedersehen pet,

    Note to self pay local 300 baht to do dangerous household chores

  3. #3
    Member
    Nawtier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    22-12-2016 @ 09:06 PM
    Posts
    637
    German engineering ... built tuff

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    30-10-2019 @ 11:58 PM
    Posts
    5,416
    He probably slipped off the ladder because he had so many bandages on his legs.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    mingmong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    Behind Soi Chiang noi
    Posts
    1,080
    another shocking News Story......................

    I can see a sparkle in His eye!

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Did he's girlfriend get her boyfriend to hot wire the curtain pole, then she got him to buy new curtains.

  7. #7
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    A lot of old folks still get a buzz from doing small jobs around the house, it keeps 'em busy

    Maybe he got confused when she said she felt a breeze coming through her curtains after she got in from a hard night at the bar

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    05-11-2019 @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    36,453
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes
    German Found Badly Electrocuted
    Heh...Who makes up these headlines?...Traditionally, electrocution is death caused by electric shock: electric current passing through the body. The word is derived from "electro" and "execution", but it is also used for accidental death.

    The word is also sometimes used to describe non-fatal injuries due to electricity.

    But this last sentence is buffalo shit, really...I'm all for changes in language over time, but but being electrocuted "badly" is a joke...I never heard of a good electrocution from the receiver's perspective...

    So he was killed badly?...I don't think so...Even if we could classify his "electrocution" as non-fatal it couldn't, then, have been very bad...

    Because the coont is still alive!...And looking "not too bad"...

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,972
    That's a serious injury ! There are a lot of ruptured blood vessels, and that's just where we can see outside the bandages.

    It's all down both legs too.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes
    German Found Badly Electrocuted
    Heh...Who makes up these headlines?...Traditionally, electrocution is death caused by electric shock: electric current passing through the body. The word is derived from "electro" and "execution", but it is also used for accidental death.

    The word is also sometimes used to describe non-fatal injuries due to electricity.

    But this last sentence is buffalo shit, really...I'm all for changes in language over time, but but being electrocuted "badly" is a joke...I never heard of a good electrocution from the receiver's perspective...

    So he was killed badly?...I don't think so...Even if we could classify his "electrocution" as non-fatal it couldn't, then, have been very bad...

    Because the coont is still alive!...And looking "not too bad"...
    Well executed, mate...

    Consider the source. Usually Thai sources don't get literal translations correct.
    But in this case, PattayaOne is a Farang operated service. No excuse.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    05-11-2019 @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    36,453
    Not just Thais...I've heard falangs use it incorrectly all my life...Thought people were dead when I heard it...

    It's been so common for so long that they now have a fooking addendum to the meaning...

    So I suppose it can't be wrong anymore...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •