Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64
  1. #1
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54°N
    Posts
    11,353

    Question Cannabis for medicinal use ?

    on BBC tv today

    Drugs Map of Britain-4. Dying For Weed

    In the fourth episode of Drugs Map of Britain, we go on a road trip around the country to meet seriously ill people who believe cannabis is curing them.
    The UK Government says the drug has “no therapeutic value”, but in half of the USA’s 50 states it has been legalised for medicinal use.
    Andy, Phil and others all believe that cannabis can - if not cure their condition - give them much needed pain relief. And we meet Jeff, a cannabis campaigner distributing cannabis oil to the sick, for free.
    But by resorting to this illegal and unregulated drug, what risks are they all taking?

  2. #2
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Prolonged and indiscriminate usage can lead to psychosis for some users. I believe controlled use for palliative care should be subject to rigorous research before it can be used for medicinal purposes.
    There seems to be overwhelming anecdotal evidence to support its use, so clinical trials should prove the value once and for all.

  3. #3
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Would you visit a dentist in the "bong" woudya?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    17,406
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    But by resorting to this illegal and unregulated drug, what risks are they all taking?
    Going off Coldplay?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Posts
    5,351
    It's quite a good alternative to liquid morphine which has some rather uncomfortable side effects.

  6. #6
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle View Post
    Prolonged and indiscriminate usage can lead to psychosis for some users. I believe controlled use for palliative care should be subject to rigorous research before it can be used for medicinal purposes.
    There seems to be overwhelming anecdotal evidence to support its use, so clinical trials should prove the value once and for all.
    What a bunch of fucking bullshit. There has never been a cannabis overdose ever.
    It is far safer than aspirin or the majority of the so called approved drugs.

    The people against it are the big pharma who control government legislation.

    How can they possibly regulate and make money from a native medicinal plant grown in your back yard.

    Stuff your fucking big pharma government bullshit up you ass, please,

    Pretty please with sugar on top!



  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    17-11-2019 @ 12:15 PM
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    9,153
    Yes ahh no. Mabey. I seem to have forgotten, kinda spaced out, what was the question again.

    Not in my backyard.

    The jury is still out on this one.

    Speed kills, take a toke and slow the fook down already.

    Seriously I agree that It should be available for medicinal as well as recreational use. Far less dangerous than alcohol. Regulation being the current problem so the way to profit from it is to outlaw it.
    Last edited by fishlocker; 05-09-2016 at 08:02 PM.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    The people against it are the big pharma
    And my grandad. 'Nuff said.

    I will never convince him. In fact conversations end abruptly as he gets quite upset.
    Pa is not the most widely read man on the planet. A veteran of WW2, and an all round nice guy, but current scientific news is not his forte.
    97 this year, dear old chap.
    'Nuff said.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    17-11-2019 @ 12:15 PM
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    9,153
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    Would you visit a dentist in the "bong" woudya?
    I would still opt for the gas and a shot or two to dull the pain. I would just hope the.dentist wasn't too stoned to do the job.

  10. #10
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    What a bunch of fucking bullshit
    You are thanked for this considered academic response and the rigorous, credible links that you failed to supply.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    14-11-2019 @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Links can be doctored bullshit, anyway...It's quite interesting to hear the opinions of older people about marijuana, now, when they were raised on "film clips" like Reefer Madness...555...

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    The people against it are the big pharma
    And my grandad. 'Nuff said.

    I will never convince him. In fact conversations end abruptly as he gets quite upset.
    Pa is not the most widely read man on the planet. A veteran of WW2, and an all round nice guy, but current scientific news is not his forte.
    97 this year, dear old chap.
    'Nuff said.
    Make a cannabis chocolate cake, and he can have it with his tea.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Posts
    5,351
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101
    It's quite a good alternative to liquid morphine which has some rather uncomfortable side effects.
    So, anything can be better than the above. Chronic constipation and run of the mill gastro is not nice.

    Not to mention the catastrophic assault on the libido.

    So, "yes" to the weed, legally preferably or under the counter if needs must.

    Cheers

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Mathos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2017 @ 03:23 AM
    Location
    The Red Rose County
    Posts
    2,089

  • #15
    Thailand Expat
    Mathos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2017 @ 03:23 AM
    Location
    The Red Rose County
    Posts
    2,089
    The guy gets away with murder!






    But he sells.

  • #16
    Thailand Expat
    Mathos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2017 @ 03:23 AM
    Location
    The Red Rose County
    Posts
    2,089
    The Travelling Willbury's






    Depends on the mix!

  • #17
    Thailand Expat
    Mathos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2017 @ 03:23 AM
    Location
    The Red Rose County
    Posts
    2,089
    I daresay everybody has good memories!



  • #18
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    What a bunch of fucking bullshit
    You are thanked for this considered academic response and the rigorous, credible links that you failed to supply.
    This aint the newsroom dummy. If the topic interests you then do your own research.

    As far as clinical trials done by government agency, forget it. You cannot trust a government which is owned by the big corporations.
    The FDA & AMA are nothing but arms of the mega pharma corporations and agriculture giants.

    Keep goverment out of the faces of the people when it comes to native medicine.

    The medical cannabis dispensory arragement like the one in place California is actually a very sensible setup, without undue government oversight.
    Frankly the government should have very little or nothing to do with native medicines.

    Government meddling makes things worse as we've witnessed with the past 50 years of prohibition.
    Government has failed the people in a major way in regard to native medicine issues.

    The addiction issues need to be addressed as health issues not in the criminal justice system.

    With the super power synthetic drugs hitting the streets nowadays the drug addiction situation is the worst it has ever been.
    Take your fucking big government bullshit and put it where the sun don't shine....

  • #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    14-11-2019 @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    ^ That's a good post, Earl...Cheers...

  • #20
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    do your own research
    I started extensive research in 1961. Conclusion: Not addictive. Prescribe for general stress relief, anorexia nervosa, anxiety disorder, alcoholism, sexual disfunction, acute aggressiveness, pain relief and as a tastey cooking herb.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle
    rigorous, credible links
    Here ya go.

    http://teakdoor.com/the-teakdoor-lou...ml#post3344653 (Cannabis for medicinal use ?)

  • #21
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy
    That's a good post, Earl...Cheers.
    No it isn't, it's facile self serving and opinionated. Posted by someone so paranoid, you could almost believe he has a history of drug abuse.
    Under your liberalised freedoms there is no safety net for the vulnerable or for serial abusers.
    Legalisation carries the responsibility to provide a framework for safe use.

  • #22
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy
    That's a good post, Earl...Cheers.
    No it isn't, it's facile self serving and opinionated. Posted by someone so paranoid, you could almost believe he has a history of drug abuse.
    Under your liberalised freedoms there is no safety net for the vulnerable or for serial abusers.
    Legalisation carries the responsibility to provide a framework for safe use.
    Fuck the government. Native medicinal plants should never have been illegal in the first place.

    If you cannot recognize the government has FUBAR'd the native medicinal plant situation, then you are much stupider than I previously observed.

    So fuck you and the government.

    Try to think for yourself, you sound an awfull lot like that retard Chassamui, which would explain a lot.

    Again, fuck the government.

  • #23
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Fuck the government. Native medicinal plants should never have been illegal in the first place.

    If you cannot recognize the government has FUBAR'd the native medicinal plant situation, then you are much stupider than I previously observed.

    So fuck you and the government.

    Try to think for yourself, you sound an awfull lot like that retard Chassamui, which would explain a lot.

    Again, fuck the government.
    Your constant anti government tirade is irrelevant. No one else has even mentioned them. Your responses are not helping people in need, just highlighting your own selfish standpoint.
    Unless the issue is supervised by competent medical professionals it has the potential to do more harm than good.
    I have now raised the supervision issue 3 times. Instead of challenging that properly you go off on another wild rant every time.
    Either face up to the facts and produce a cogent argument for your unsupervised and dangerous liberalisation of use, or keep trying to blame others for your own inadequacy.
    The option you choose will determine whether or not you get a reply.

  • #24
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Double post.

  • #25
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,938
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle
    I have now raised the supervision issue 3 times. Instead of challenging that properly you go off on another wild rant every time
    He's quite adept at conflating issues and going off on tangents and associated rants.

    'Native medicinal plants' for instance. Cannabis isn't native to North America.

  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •