Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952

    I'm in the mood for...

    Went shopping a couple of hours ago but was stuck for what to buy. Sick of Thai food at Max is pretty shit near me. Decent vegetarian Indian restaurant is too far away, so I settle for a couple of TimTam chocolate logs the missus brought back from Aussie, but after an alcoholic beverage I came up with Findus Crispy Pancakes! Can you buy them here.

    I'll settle for Captain Birdseye Fish Fingers otherwise.
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030

  3. #3
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    30,523
    I'll have some fishfingers and McCain's oven chips while we're at it...

  4. #4
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    I wouldn't eat any of that shit back home, so I won't be starting now.
    You hear Brits complaining about wanting 'real' baked beans or Engliah tea bags

    Why don't they just fuck off?

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    ^
    There's a business opportunity there.
    Import the cheapest junk food and open a British "Deli", as long as there's a brandname they know from back when printed on it, they'll go for it.

    Make sure you offer some freshly undercooked potatoes soaked in lard & vinegar and wrapped in newspaper as well.

  6. #6
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    In the old days wasn't there a Ladyboys forum on Thaivisa?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,957
    one of these up your bum...


  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    9,153
    The old bait and switch. .........I thought Patters Police were using that for the ladyboy roundup.

    Cardinal Fang fetch the cushy pillow. Poke her with it. Confess, confess.


    Are you shure you've got all the stuffing on end?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    18-10-2019 @ 01:35 PM
    Posts
    36,452
    ^^ WTF, snubs?...Heh...

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller
    There's a business opportunity there.
    Import the cheapest junk food and open a British "Deli", as long as there's a brandname they know from back when printed on it, they'll go for it.

    Make sure you offer some freshly undercooked potatoes soaked in lard & vinegar and wrapped in newspaper as well.
    As long as there's jars of Bisto.
    And warm beer.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    I wouldn't eat any of that shit back home, so I won't be starting now.
    You hear Brits complaining about wanting 'real' baked beans or Engliah tea bags

    Why don't they just fuck off?
    True, but being a mostly organic eater, see it as a one off venture to the whore house you may frequent!

  12. #12
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Humus and falafel, lox, rollmops, matzo and olives, washed down with red wine from the Golan, good Israeli food!

  13. #13
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    ^I doubt any British expats in Pattaya are middle class

  14. #14
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    I wouldn't eat any of that shit back home, so I won't be starting now.
    You hear Brits complaining about wanting 'real' baked beans or Engliah tea bags

    Why don't they just fuck off?
    Why don't you just f*ck off?

    I live in Thailand (unlike you), and have done for 16 years now. I eat Thai food every lunch time and most nights. There is f*ck all wrong with a hankering for a bit of home style, home taste foods now and again.

    Last night was fried rice (chicken if you must know), tonight will be egg and chips, with a generous dollop of HP sauce.

    Only certain twats think that living in Thailand means you have to exist on twigs, grass and bugs.

  15. #15
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Twenty years ago western specialist foods and things were hard to find in most SE Asia.
    Today I can buy pretty much what I'm after in any big supermarket in Asia.

    The conditioned, addicted palate of the 'back home' food loving expat is the same fostered and ingrained habit we all have. It makes us feel secure to eat familiar foods, so lonely or homesick expats end up eating more comfort foods.

    Ah, the smell and taste of a good cheese, a familiar wine or beer!

    And what was/is your favourite cereal?
    Coco pops? Cornflakes? Wheat bran? Or was it that soft nondescript gruel, porridge?

    Usually milky and sweet, just like being on the tit.......comforted and secure.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    one of these up your bum...

    And all this time I was told that it was just Darth Vader's Light Saber!


    (apparently it glows red when he gets excited)

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    I live in Thailand (unlike you), and have done for 16 years now. I eat Thai food every lunch time and most nights. There is f*ck all wrong with a hankering for a bit of home style, home taste foods now and again.
    nidhogg, and I'm not taking the piss, it's not my style but I would have thought that, after living your past 16 years in a country, that would be considered 'home' now?

  18. #18
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    I live in Thailand (unlike you), and have done for 16 years now. I eat Thai food every lunch time and most nights. There is f*ck all wrong with a hankering for a bit of home style, home taste foods now and again.
    nidhogg, and I'm not taking the piss, it's not my style but I would have thought that, after living your past 16 years in a country, that would be considered 'home' now?
    Interesting point, and good question. Not really sure what the answer is from me.

    Hmm. The fact that I need a visa every year, and to report to immigration every 90 days would argue that its not "home" in a way.

    However, having lived out of UK for 30 years would argue that that is not "home" also in a sense.

    I suppose that wherever "home" is, or is not, I will still be (by and large) a brit who has a hankering for the food of my youth.

    Still, interesting question that needs mulling on a bit more I think.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    I wouldn't eat any of that shit back home, so I won't be starting now.
    You hear Brits complaining about wanting 'real' baked beans or Engliah tea bags

    Why don't they just fuck off?
    Why don't you just f*ck off?

    I live in Thailand (unlike you), and have done for 16 years now. I eat Thai food every lunch time and most nights. There is f*ck all wrong with a hankering for a bit of home style, home taste foods now and again.

    Last night was fried rice (chicken if you must know), tonight will be egg and chips, with a generous dollop of HP sauce.

    Only certain twats think that living in Thailand means you have to exist on twigs, grass and bugs.
    Brown HP sauce? If so, great on mashed potatoes too.

  20. #20
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,877
    ^ Of course.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    I live in Thailand (unlike you), and have done for 16 years now. I eat Thai food every lunch time and most nights. There is f*ck all wrong with a hankering for a bit of home style, home taste foods now and again.
    nidhogg, and I'm not taking the piss, it's not my style but I would have thought that, after living your past 16 years in a country, that would be considered 'home' now?
    Interesting point, and good question. Not really sure what the answer is from me.

    Hmm. The fact that I need a visa every year, and to report to immigration every 90 days would argue that its not "home" in a way.

    However, having lived out of UK for 30 years would argue that that is not "home" also in a sense.

    I suppose that wherever "home" is, or is not, I will still be (by and large) a brit who has a hankering for the food of my youth.

    Still, interesting question that needs mulling on a bit more I think.
    Considered reply ... appreciated.

    Over the past decade, until recently, I've lived half my life in Thailand, so never have cut ties to my birth country.

    I can well understand the hankerings for things that you grew up with.

    Lifestyle, food etc.

    When I'm here in Thailand I miss most (culinary wise) a decent wine at a decent price ... ditto cheese.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Brown HP sauce? If so, great on mashed potatoes too.
    Essential for avocado sandwiches.

  23. #23
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    28,963
    Those Findus crispy pancakes will taste shit now there's no horse meat inside.


  24. #24
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    I used to eat their lasagnes by the bucketload in the 90s, for lunch.
    Usually just in time to sit and eat while watching 'neigh'-bours...on tv.

    Tv volume was often low so I'd shout at my colleague to turn it up. He was slightly deaf so I'd shout until I was 'hoarse'

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •