Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,686

    A little too much, me thinks.

    Carl Mallinder just paid Sin Sot of 50 Baht gold and 500,000 Baht cash. Are farangs stupid?



    Sorry I can't find a link in English.

  2. #2
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,596
    Up to him. Plenty of Thai men pay more than 500,000 Baht for sinsot - but probably not to marry another man!

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    17-09-2019 @ 03:21 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Should we be having a whip round to send to Socal on his marriage?

  4. #4
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Posts
    60,501
    Didn't some seppo pay a million dollars for some Thai supermodel?

  5. #5
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    18-02-2018 @ 04:17 AM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    5,408
    sick and dumb reaches new depths. how anyone can see this is normal and sensible is amazing - it's like the emporer's new clothes - level of obviously wrong.

    I refused to pay sin sot, she ended up paying it herself. To me it's a complete moral anathema, although her parents needed it for face saving apparently.
    she earns more than me now anyway, so I dunno why she still carps on about it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1F2i0rYMj8

    we are all figments of our own imagination.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    17-09-2019 @ 03:21 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Didn't some seppo pay a million dollars for some Thai supermodel?
    Thai supermodel is a little different to a rentboy somchai. How much did you pay for your sinsod when you married your rentboy, Harry?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Up to him. Plenty of Thai men pay more than 500,000 Baht for sinsot - but probably not to marry another man!
    B500K might be the norm within higher Thai circles.

    Even up to B1mil + is not unheard of.

  8. #8
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,596
    I was at a Thai wedding earlier this year (bride and groom both Thai). Neither was really Hi-so, certainly not the bride. Very pretty though. One million baht cash sinsot.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    02-09-2017 @ 10:04 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Up to him. Plenty of Thai men pay more than 500,000 Baht for sinsot - but probably not to marry another man!
    B500K might be the norm within higher Thai circles.

    Even up to B1mil + is not unheard of.
    Surely you jest?

    A 1 Million Baht "Sin Sot" payment in "Hi So" circles would be laughed at - multiply by 100 and you'd be nearer the mark.

    Patrick

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Posts
    60,501
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Didn't some seppo pay a million dollars for some Thai supermodel?
    Thai supermodel is a little different to a rentboy somchai. How much did you pay for your sinsod when you married your rentboy, Harry?
    Oh my dear chap, do you think I'd be dumb among to associate with the kind of classless, simian villagers with whom you consort?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Didn't some seppo pay a million dollars for some Thai supermodel?
    Thai supermodel is a little different to a rentboy somchai. How much did you pay for your sinsod when you married your rentboy, Harry?
    Oh my dear chap, do you think I'd be dumb among to associate with the kind of classless, simian villagers with whom you consort?
    One would have to reside here - experience, exposure, and knowledge of the Thai culture to have a grasp of what you speak of, huh Harry?

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 12:15 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Oh my dear chap, do you think I'd be dumb among to associate with the kind of classless, simian villagers with whom you consort?
    Please, Sir, may I have another Simian ? This one has split.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    If the farang is the taker then would he get the Sin Sod

  14. #14
    Member
    tunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    26-03-2019 @ 04:33 PM
    Posts
    251
    I had a Thai ask for Sin Sot. I asked her...are you crazy. Your family should be paying me to get you out of their house. One less mouth for your dad to feed.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,686
    If Sin Sot is compensation for the loss of the daughter then why do daughters carry on looking after the old folk after that? The compensation has been paid.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    If Sin Sot is compensation for the loss of the daughter then why do daughters carry on looking after the old folk after that? The compensation has been paid.
    Image
    Face
    Tradition

    ...all play their part. Not always in a practical manner.


    Most Thais don't have that kind of liquidity [cash] on hand - forking over an exhaustive amount towards Sin Sot/Baht gold.


    Very common for Sin Sot loans to be secured.
    Driving themselves into anxious debt even more.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,530
    He paid a shitload of sin sot to marry a poofta? wTF

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Carl Mallinder just paid Sin Sot of 50 Baht gold and 500,000 Baht cash. Are farangs stupid?



    Sorry I can't find a link in English.
    My eyes aren't great but correct me if I'm wrong that's a geezer innit, ?

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Posts
    36,452
    ^ Both of them, I think...

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    ^ Both of them, I think...
    Yet, only one wears lip gloss.
    Charming couple.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 12:15 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    ^ Both of them, I think...
    Yes, as my friend John would have said, " two sexual homos".

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    in the pic on the right, has he got it in a half nelson?

  23. #23
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,596
    It looks like Carl's parents were at the wedding.

    And apparently the happy couple will be flying to England after the wedding.


    http://news.tlcthai.com/news/711462.html

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Cold Pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Alliance HQ
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Carl Mallinder just paid Sin Sot of 50 Baht gold and 500,000 Baht cash. Are farangs stupid?
    Forget cultural "issues."

    Sin Sot is for losers.

    The receiver deadbeats are more losers than the givers.



    To each their own, but....

    Losers.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,530
    So the Thais don't differentiate on weather or not you marry there son or daughter? You still have to cough up the sin sot eh? That's fucked up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •