Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982

    Cigs have gone down in price.

    Went into 7/11 this morning and only paid 50 baht for a pack of krong thip and noticed LM have gone down as well.

    Any reason for this.?

    Then went to Villa and bought two bottles of konunga hill for 648 baht each. which was pretty cheap considering last year it was about 900 baht.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,910
    China

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I'm in Thailand.

    They increased the prices a couple of years ago,and now have gone cheaper than they were 2 years ago

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    15-10-2019 @ 07:22 AM
    Posts
    26,177
    Give it up Jackie,

    Keep on drinking your lao kao, smoking will give you the Dancer.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    I'm in Thailand.

    They increased the prices a couple of years ago,and now have gone cheaper than they were 2 years ago
    Snub with another blindingly great insight there no doubt? He doesn't even know what krong thip are ffs.

    Anyway - I would assume it has something to do with a pricing cock up and you being a handsome man.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,721
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    I'm in Thailand.

    They increased the prices a couple of years ago,and now have gone cheaper than they were 2 years ago
    Snub with another blindingly great insight there no doubt? He doesn't even know what krong thip are ffs.

    Anyway - I would assume it has something to do with a pricing cock up and you being a handsome man.
    Heh...bstupid's never been called a 'hansome man' as he's never stepped foot in LOS!

    mulitnicks gotta go, man...
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Snub has been on Terry's Lao khao

    Terry whatever you drink smoke or eat the chances are it will give you the dancer

  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    BM leave Snubby alone he's on parole,be good if the two of you could share a cell together get some loving going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    I'm in Thailand.

    They increased the prices a couple of years ago,and now have gone cheaper than they were 2 years ago
    Snub with another blindingly great insight there no doubt? He doesn't even know what krong thip are ffs.

    Anyway - I would assume it has something to do with a pricing cock up and you being a handsome man.
    Heh...bstupid's never been called a 'hansome man' as he's never stepped foot in LOS!

    mulitnicks gotta go, man...

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    I'm in Thailand.

    They increased the prices a couple of years ago,and now have gone cheaper than they were 2 years ago
    I remember when B20 would buy you a packet.


    Roll your own, Jackie - price for loose tabbacy hasn't changed forever.

  10. #10
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I do in the UK,couldn't ever smoke the Thai loose tobacco here.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,910
    Yep. Boontard and Pseudufus are right. I live in my moms basement. I dont have a passport and have never been abroad.

    Smart guys they are?

    Lets break these nitwits down.

    One is a far right wing Jesus freak who screams about planned parenthood. The other is a total tinfoiled nutter who thinks that the world is controlled by lizard people.

    End of story.

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Snub the world is reptillian.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Yep. Boontard and Pseudufus are right. I live in my moms basement. I dont have a passport and have never been abroad.

    Well, it's clear you haven't a clue towards things Asian or Thai - yet, prance around an Thai-themed [quasi Asian-themed] forum, avoiding all banter or references Asian - remaining lost in the American undertone and references [sc/news] of TD.

    Always found this to be a bit odd.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,910
    ^^ hehe. Winter is coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    Well, it's clear you haven't a clue towards things Asian or Thai
    Like most do on this forum? Fuck off Jeff you waste of space.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    16-10-2019 @ 08:39 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,736
    Not sure why smokes have gone down, used to smoke wonder, few days ago new brand out, Blue range 35 Baht a pack.
    Think it may have something to do with ASEAN, can't tax other ASEAN nations more then Thai companies, level playing field.

    I go over to Lao, no visa require, carton 200 Baht for Texas red.

  16. #16
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Thanks James makes sense if correct.

    looks like I'll go to drinking wine if thats the case.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    16-10-2019 @ 08:39 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    Thanks James makes sense if correct.

    looks like I'll go to drinking wine if thats the case.
    Think you may be out of luck on the wine front, not heard of decent wine produced in ASEAN.

  18. #18
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    ^James The wine I bought was Aussie and was a lot cheaper than i seen before in Thailand.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,721
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Yep. Boontard and Pseudufus are right. I live in my moms basement. I dont have a passport and have never been abroad.

    Well, it's clear you haven't a clue towards things Asian or Thai - yet, prance around an Thai-themed [quasi Asian-themed] forum, avoiding all banter or references Asian - remaining lost in the American undertone and references [sc/news] of TD.

    Always found this to be a bit odd.
    Indeed.

    One finds themselves completely puzzled why these posters who have never stepped foot in Thailand wax on with no abandon. In the case of bstupid, surely there's a political forum he can contribute to there on the Left Coast rather than spam this fine Thailand - centric forum?

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    16-10-2019 @ 08:39 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower View Post
    ^James The wine I bought was Aussie and was a lot cheaper than i seen before in Thailand.
    OZ is not a full member, any price drop would be through trade agreements, or just lower taxes on imported wine.
    Beer prices may drop, beer Lao, Carlsberg [Malaysia] Tiger etc.
    Fingers crossed, a price war would be good, drink a lot of beer here.

  21. #21
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    11,021
    Seems to me my LM dang smokes were 50 baht a pack when I left 5 years ago.

    By the way ... IMHo not much difference between LM dang and Marlboro red.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,721
    Perhaps cigs have gone down in price as no swinging dick I know smokes anymore.

  23. #23
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    11,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Perhaps cigs have gone down in price as no swinging dick I know smokes anymore.
    Did blackgang smoke?

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    In the case of bstupid, surely there's a political forum he can contribute to there on the Left Coast rather than spam this fine Thailand - centric forum?
    The magnitude of the irony in this statement could be off the Richter scale.

  25. #25
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    just found out why the cigs are cheaper, there is two different sizes in packets now, the 50 baht ones are slimmer,thought it was to good to be true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •