Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238

    US is the only country in the world where more men are raped than women.

    1) Because of its prison system, the US is the only country in the world where more men are raped than women.
    According to the 2011 report from Department of Justice, nearly one in 10 prisoners report having been raped or sexually assaulted by other inmates, staff or both. According to a revised report from the US Department of Justice, there were 216,000 victims of rape in US prisons in 2008. That is roughly 600 a day or 25 every hour.

    Those numbers are of victims, not instances, which would be much higher since many victims were reportedly assaulted multiple times throughout the year. Excluding prison rapes, there about 200,000 rapes per year in America, and roughly 91 percent of those victims are women. If these numbers are accurate, this means that America is the only country in the world where more men are raped than women.

    Even if the number of unreported rapes outside of prison were substantially larger than most experts believe, the fact that many victims in prison tend to be raped repeatedly would indicate that rape against men is at least comparable to rape against women.

    Kendell Spruce was one such inmate, sentenced to six years for forging a check for which he hoped to purchase crack cocaine. In a National Prison Rape Elimination Commission testimony, Spruce said:

    “I was raped by at least 27 different inmates over a nine month period. I don’t have to tell you that it was the worst nine months of my life… [I] was sent into protective custody. But I wasn’t safe there either. They put all kinds of people in protective custody, including sexual predators. I was put in a cell with a rapist who had full-blown AIDS. Within two days, he forced me to give him oral sex and anally raped me.”

    Spruce was diagnosed with “full blown AIDS” in 2002 and died three years later.

    Five Stunning Facts About America's Prison System You Haven't Heard | Zero Hedge

  2. #2
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    30,424
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    “I was raped by at least 27 different inmates over a nine month period.


    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    I was put in a cell with a rapist who had full-blown AIDS. Within two days, he forced me to give him oral sex and anally raped me.


    That is not good...

  3. #3
    Member mustafa goze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    306
    Dreadfully entitled piece, imo.

  4. #4
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    19-04-2015 @ 09:39 PM
    Posts
    118
    I think the Saudi prisons would come a close second, mainly carried out by the guards.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351
    Hard to believe..

    Most rapes/abuses don't even get reported

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    19-04-2015 @ 09:39 PM
    Posts
    118
    Well, that's not exactly difficult to understand.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,898
    I've been horrified by our prison systems for a long time. A large percentage of inmates actually have mental health issues which caused (in one way or another) to commit the crimes. And if they were marginal mental problems when they were committed, they soon become more serious.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    So if you get banged up in the US you probably won't be going straight when you're out then.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,910
    Until I see data from Pakistan I am sceptical about America holding the man rape title..

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    16-10-2019 @ 12:30 PM
    Posts
    36,452
    Where's Butters?...Did he leave for America?...

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    Kendell Spruce was one such inmate, sentenced to six years for forging a check
    I am not surprised at all by the story of systematic male rape in prisons. However, I am stunned that for forging a cheque you can be put in jail for 6 years. That is ludicrous. Pay the cash back, community service, education, drug rehabilitation, job done. Even 30 days inside would be acceptable. But 6 years? How big was this cheque? A couple of billion? It's not as if the bank lost any money - they create it all the time. Just goes to show who really sets the laws.


    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub
    Until I see data from Pakistan I am sceptical about America holding the man rape title..
    Snubbles - I think they would be very low indeed. Rape implies no consent, and as most bacon sarnies are poofs, consent is readily given I would guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy
    Where's Butters?...Did he leave for America?...
    Buttering himself up all the way...
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    I am not surprised at all by the story of systematic male rape in prisons. However, I am stunned that for forging a cheque you can be put in jail for 6 years. That is ludicrous. Pay the cash back, community service, education, drug rehabilitation, job done. Even 30 days inside would be acceptable. But 6 years? How big was this cheque? A couple of billion? It's not as if the bank lost any money - they create it all the time. Just goes to show who really sets the laws.
    You kidding? That's the U S A, where everything gets twisted and perverted, and every word becomes a lie. Meet their 13th amendment.

    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."



    See? Easy to maintain slavery.
    Boon Mee: 'Israel is the 51st State. De facto - but none the less, essentially part & parcel of the USA.'

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen
    if you get banged up in the US
    You get properly banged up.


    One man trying to push two men up three mens arseholes.US jail time.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    See? Easy to maintain slavery.
    Very good point.

    So anyway, 0.7% of the population of the USA is in Jail? (or, please, have I got the decimal place wrong)

    Hells bells.

  15. #15
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    See? Easy to maintain slavery.
    Very good point.

    So anyway, 0.7% of the population of the USA is in Jail? (or, please, have I got the decimal place wrong)

    Hells bells.
    That's at any one time. Include those who have served time and are now out and the the % of felons in the population must be pretty high.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall
    See? Easy to maintain slavery.
    Very good point.

    So anyway, 0.7% of the population of the USA is in Jail? (or, please, have I got the decimal place wrong)

    Hells bells.
    That's at any one time. Include those who have served time and are now out and the the % of felons in the population must be pretty high.
    1 out of every 32 of us is either in prison or on parole from prison, according to yet another report on Americans behaving badly from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
    This means that 6.7 million adult men and women -- about 3.1 percent of the total U.S. adult population -- are now very non-voluntary members of America's "correctional community."
    1 Out Of 32 Americans Under Correctional Supervision

    Hells double bells.

    We must have more that 33 regular American contributors here - so which one of you lot are on parole, in chokey, on the lamb?

    Land of the free? Do me a favour. Why do you put up with this? This is basically criminal!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •