Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964

    TD a bit frustrating?

    Like many I browse TD in a separate tab while doing emails etc...some fun and interesting stuff while drinking coffee.

    Sometimes however later in the day I think maybe I will comment on a post...go back look under new posts...GONE?..so enter key word(s) in site search engine and get zip that is relevant to the recent thread I am looking for?!
    Suggestions how I can find a specific thread by title or key words ..search engine seems a bit weak in this regard? By date or ?
    Maybe the wise old ones just delete stuff they don't like?
    Think I would like to see a "today", last 48hrs,72 hours or 7 day thread search filter..maybe it exists but me too old and stupid to find it?

  2. #2
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Remember the specific forum and go there, or use google
    search terms site:teakdoor.com

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Obviously some threads become a bit contentious but perhaps like the infamous TV those threads could atleast be "locked" methinks?......so atleast we know!?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Remember the specific forum and go there, or use google
    search terms site:teakdoor.com
    thx..but never note forum unless farming or construction..lol..the search engine on TD is redundant then?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    palexxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,151
    yes... the search engine on TD is useless

  6. #6
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    On "Todays posts" just click on to page two , three or four .

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by palexxxx View Post
    yes... the search engine on TD is useless
    Search engines within websites are generally this way.
    The impractical side of TD's search function is more so.

    Another application [a few modifications that would improve the navigation of the forum] that many have suggested could be remedied and made better by a simple forum upgrade.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    Obviously some threads become a bit contentious but perhaps like the infamous TV those threads could atleast be "locked" methinks?......so atleast we know!?
    When you click "New Posts" it is only showing the new posts you have not opened. If you go to page 2,3,4 ... of "New Posts" you will easily find it there. If you have already replied to that thread, then you can click on "my replies" which is found up and to the left of the New Posts button and you will find it there.

    not that difficult and a lot simpler than searching for it

    Simple, n'est pas?
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    Obviously some threads become a bit contentious but perhaps like the infamous TV those threads could atleast be "locked" methinks?......so atleast we know!?
    When you click "New Posts" it is only showing the new posts you have not opened. If you go to page 2,3,4 ... of "New Posts" you will easily find it there. If you have already replied to that thread, then you can click on "my replies" which is found up and to the left of the New Posts button and you will find it there.

    not that difficult and a lot simpler than searching for it

    Simple, n'est pas?
    Or, if he's not sure about getting back to a particular page that he might or might not want to comment on [or just tracking] - bookmark it.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    Obviously some threads become a bit contentious but perhaps like the infamous TV those threads could atleast be "locked" methinks?......so atleast we know!?
    When you click "New Posts" it is only showing the new posts you have not opened. If you go to page 2,3,4 ... of "New Posts" you will easily find it there. If you have already replied to that thread, then you can click on "my replies" which is found up and to the left of the New Posts button and you will find it there.

    not that difficult and a lot simpler than searching for it

    Simple, n'est pas?
    Or, if he's not sure about getting back to a particular page that he might or might not want to comment on [or just tracking] - bookmark it.
    Correct. Another option is to go to Thread Tools and subscribe to the thread, and therefore can find it in a jiffy. Alternatively, open the thread in a new window on his browser and not close it.

    Options are endless....

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    hooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    28-03-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    1,766

    Question

    Jeff change your av matey it's making me want to barf. Grotesque.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Rainfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    2,492
    If you remember the poster's name, click on it, click show posts of that member, and it should be there on the first page. With the exception of Willy and piwi perhaps.

  13. #13
    I am in Jail
    leemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    pty
    Posts
    2,608
    Go to 'My Replies' if you did reply on the thread, or open each thread you want to view in a background tab.

    Then once you've been through all the new posts and have your threads of interest on their own tabs, you can 'Mark Forums Read' and no longer be bothered by any posts up to that time. New posts will start gathering for your next visit.

    PS: Don't bother with the search feature, it's like dealing with Thais on a bad day.

  14. #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    So why don't you become a Donor, the money you donate can be used for the upgrade.Then you can make all members happy and you can continue to talk your twaddle


    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palexxxx View Post
    yes... the search engine on TD is useless
    Search engines within websites are generally this way.
    The impractical side of TD's search function is more so.

    Another application [a few modifications that would improve the navigation of the forum] that many have suggested could be remedied and made better by a simple forum upgrade.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    fk it ..would probably only write crap anyways......

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351
    I use Chrome and if i struggle to find something i'll go to settings->history and type in teakdoor and it will list everywhere i've visited chronologically

  17. #17
    Member
    coolhandluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 09:36 AM
    Location
    SKP CM
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas
    Sometimes however later in the day I think maybe I will comment on a post...go back look under new posts...GONE?
    Obviously...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •