Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Member
    sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    30-08-2019 @ 08:39 AM
    Posts
    312

    accident waiting to happen



    I saw this today on Sukhumvit in Bangkok

  2. #2
    Member
    sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    30-08-2019 @ 08:39 AM
    Posts
    312

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    Wheres the 'after' shot?

  4. #4
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    Wheres the 'after' shot?
    That will be "after dark".

  5. #5
    befuddled
    danbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    10-08-2008 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Hatty Town
    Posts
    3,452
    It really is quite unbelievable. The thing is that all of know that this isn't a 'one-off'....Someone could quite easily knock that bike over.

  6. #6
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    ^ No, No Danbo. You've missed it completely.

    Sledge was obviously referring to the protruding manhole covers in front of the steps. Someone could stub their toe quite nastily there.

  7. #7
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    The black honda civic has no tax or insurance.

  8. #8
    RDN
    RDN is offline
    Khun Marmite
    RDN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    19-03-2016 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    ราไวย์, ภูเก็ต
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
    The black honda civic has no tax or insurance.
    It's a getaway car for the guys robbing the BTS ticket machines.

  9. #9
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    ^ RC has one just like it.......In the UK my arse

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    keda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Posts
    9,831
    It's either me or the junction box that's swaying.

  11. #11
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    12.13 - take a rough guess!

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    We have exactly the same rubbish problem in Chiang Mai

  13. #13
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    I think it is installation art.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In a rather cold and dark place
    Posts
    12,823
    Just before I left I saw a young lad on the back of a pickup holding onto dear life with a fuck of sheet of glass the length+ of the pickup.

    On a funnier note. The night I left I caused an accident. As I walked away from an ATM a young girl went by on her motorbike and as usual of idiotic Thais she turned and stared at me and carried on looking at me as she went past until she was looking behind herself.

    She ran into the back of a stationary pickup. I just about pissed my pants laughing. The missus was really angry with me for laughing at her, it did look like she had broken her arm as well but fuck it SOM NOM FUCKING NA.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsquirrel View Post
    Just before I left I saw a young lad on the back of a pickup holding onto dear life with a fuck of sheet of glass the length+ of the pickup.

    On a funnier note. The night I left I caused an accident. As I walked away from an ATM a young girl went by on her motorbike and as usual of idiotic Thais she turned and stared at me and carried on looking at me as she went past until she was looking behind herself.

    She ran into the back of a stationary pickup. I just about pissed my pants laughing. The missus was really angry with me for laughing at her, it did look like she had broken her arm as well but fuck it SOM NOM FUCKING NA.
    fuck i just abt pissed my pants laffing at this story!

  16. #16
    Member
    Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    15-10-2009 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    The Q Continuum
    Posts
    856
    Don't go to the ATM naked next time, MrS.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    I might just fall off my motosai too if I saw you visiting an ATM.

  18. #18
    befuddled
    danbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    10-08-2008 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Hatty Town
    Posts
    3,452
    I do not for one second condone your laughing at this person's misfortune MrsQ you wicked sod, but I do understand what you mean by the 'continued stare'. Fair enough have a look at the farang, especially if they are not that common in the area, but why the 2 minute silent stare? What do they expect to happen?
    Back off Margaret, you're on a sugar rush!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In a rather cold and dark place
    Posts
    12,823
    Quote Originally Posted by danbo
    I do not for one second condone your laughing at this person's misfortune MrsQ you wicked sod, but I do understand what you mean by the 'continued stare'. Fair enough have a look at the farang, especially if they are not that common in the area, but why the 2 minute silent stare? What do they expect to happen?
    Shut up Danbo.

    If it had been me they would have been urine soaked underwear all up the soi.

    She should know better than to look behind her whilst riding a motorbike.

  20. #20
    befuddled
    danbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    10-08-2008 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Hatty Town
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsquirrel View Post
    Shut up Danbo.
    Okey dokey skip.

    Being a farang out in the sticks in LoS makes me feel like a film or television star. You can be out just going about your business and strangers can't help but look at you, out of curiosity. I saw Tom Baker (British actor) in M&S in the UK once and although I have zero interest in him I couldn't help but look, out of curiosity. He noticed my glance and straight away looked away with studied indifference - sort of 'Yes I know I'm 'famous' but please leave me alone'. This is what I do when I am in 7-11 buying toilet paper and I notice one of my fans looking over at me.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In a rather cold and dark place
    Posts
    12,823
    Did you have the common sense to look where you were going. You were on foot as well. Not like you would have a serious injury if you walked into the conrflakes display is it.

    Maybe the young lady will have learned a lesson. I doubt it though.

  22. #22
    Member Pimp of the LOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    14-01-2008 @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Take a wild freakin guess...
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsquirrel
    Did you have the common sense to look where you were going. You were on foot as well. Not like you would have a serious injury if you walked into the conrflakes display is it.
    I just wave my dingaling in people's general direction whenever I am strolling.....has served me quite well in a number of 3rd world countries...

  23. #23
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    ^ R U Paul Gadd?

  24. #24
    befuddled
    danbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    10-08-2008 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Hatty Town
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsquirrel View Post
    On a funnier note. The night I left I caused an accident. As I walked away from an ATM a young girl went by on her motorbike and as usual of idiotic Thais she turned and stared at me and carried on looking at me as she went past until she was looking behind herself.

    She ran into the back of a stationary pickup. I just about pissed my pants laughing. The missus was really angry with me for laughing at her, it did look like she had broken her arm as well ....
    You are what behavioural psychologists call a 'horrible bastard'; you wife though sounds a nice person, you're lucky to have her, or she's unlucky to have you - depends how you look at it.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by danbo View Post
    This is what I do when I am in 7-11 buying toilet paper and I notice one of my fans looking over at me.
    they are only wondering what you are going to do with your purchase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •