Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201

    Pictures . no not what you are thinking

    There are a couple of threads running about the hassle of posting some pictures to a posting. I have to agree it is a fcuk about. As I posted though a picture can add so much to a post or situation.
    I tend to use the local markets for my fresh foods but getting good beef has always been a hit and mainly miss affair
    . So there I was looking on the internet when a cunning plan came to me. A few clicks later had me two printed off pictures. The first was of a diagram of a cow which showed where the various cuts came from on the cow. The second was of the actual cut of meat I wanted in this case some nice Sirloin.
    Down to the market and armed with the pictures found my man. A bit of pointing at the pictures roused him into action.
    After a bit of searching through his cold box he whipped out a large lump of meat and proceeded to trim it. Though missing the nice fat I ended up with a nice lump of lovely looking beef for 200 Baht. Stopping to pick up some nice mushrooms I headed home. I got 5 inch and a half thick steaks out of what I had bought. Some nice double fried chips with some fried mushrooms and onions and the steaks were ready for a quick battering with the rolling pin before a couple of minutes either side under the grill. A large side order of horseradish sauce and it was heaven
    So I will be heading down there next with a picture of some Rib eye and T bone.
    A picture really does make all that difference
    Admin take note
    Treat everyone as a complete and utter idiot and you can only ever be pleasantly surprised !

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Smart thinking, though perhaps google translate could tell you the thai word you need for sirloin or t bone?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    charleyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 12:57 PM
    Location
    Cha-am.
    Posts
    3,697
    ^^I did the same thing a few months ago...
    Piece of piss this posting pics malarchy!


  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Smart thinking, though perhaps google translate could tell you the thai word you need for sirloin or t bone?
    You think that I hadn't already tried that and failed miserably in getting a decent steak FFS ?
    I know what the word is but maybe some dumb ass Thai butcher has a different idea as to just what piece of meat I am after.
    I also wouldn't trust Google translate for the meaning of yes and friggin no.

  5. #5
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,633
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella View Post
    There are a couple of threads running about the hassle of posting some pictures to a posting. I have to agree it is a fcuk about. As I posted though a picture can add so much to a post or situation.
    I tend to use the local markets for my fresh foods but getting good beef has always been a hit and mainly miss affair
    . So there I was looking on the internet when a cunning plan came to me. A few clicks later had me two printed off pictures. The first was of a diagram of a cow which showed where the various cuts came from on the cow. The second was of the actual cut of meat I wanted in this case some nice Sirloin.
    Down to the market and armed with the pictures found my man. A bit of pointing at the pictures roused him into action.
    After a bit of searching through his cold box he whipped out a large lump of meat and proceeded to trim it. Though missing the nice fat I ended up with a nice lump of lovely looking beef for 200 Baht. Stopping to pick up some nice mushrooms I headed home. I got 5 inch and a half thick steaks out of what I had bought. Some nice double fried chips with some fried mushrooms and onions and the steaks were ready for a quick battering with the rolling pin before a couple of minutes either side under the grill. A large side order of horseradish sauce and it was heaven
    So I will be heading down there next with a picture of some Rib eye and T bone.
    A picture really does make all that difference
    Admin take note
    So where's the pic?

    http://teakdoor.com/how-to-use-stuff...with-pics.html (KM's Pic Posting Tutorial - with pics!)

    This is the TD "Duh" test.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Smart thinking, though perhaps google translate could tell you the thai word you need for sirloin or t bone?
    You think that I hadn't already tried that and failed miserably in getting a decent steak FFS ?
    I know what the word is but maybe some dumb ass Thai butcher has a different idea as to just what piece of meat I am after.
    I also wouldn't trust Google translate for the meaning of yes and friggin no.
    As opposed to a thai reading a diagram written in English?

    I think we have our new Gravesend Dave!

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    ^You certainly don't recognize the old one. The new one is his mate gullible one.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella View Post
    There are a couple of threads running about the hassle of posting some pictures to a posting. I have to agree it is a fcuk about. As I posted though a picture can add so much to a post or situation.
    I tend to use the local markets for my fresh foods but getting good beef has always been a hit and mainly miss affair
    . So there I was looking on the internet when a cunning plan came to me. A few clicks later had me two printed off pictures. The first was of a diagram of a cow which showed where the various cuts came from on the cow. The second was of the actual cut of meat I wanted in this case some nice Sirloin.
    Down to the market and armed with the pictures found my man. A bit of pointing at the pictures roused him into action.
    After a bit of searching through his cold box he whipped out a large lump of meat and proceeded to trim it. Though missing the nice fat I ended up with a nice lump of lovely looking beef for 200 Baht. Stopping to pick up some nice mushrooms I headed home. I got 5 inch and a half thick steaks out of what I had bought. Some nice double fried chips with some fried mushrooms and onions and the steaks were ready for a quick battering with the rolling pin before a couple of minutes either side under the grill. A large side order of horseradish sauce and it was heaven
    So I will be heading down there next with a picture of some Rib eye and T bone.
    A picture really does make all that difference
    Admin take note
    555 good one....With beef vendor lady I usually just point to my shoulder or arse or whatever, if I point to a lump of meat the lady points to her shoulder or arse etc. works out okay...those hairy legs and hoofs under market bench make wanna.............I mean the beef , she is a Muslim lady , can't see hers
    Fascinated to hear how ya go with a T-Bone though since Thai idea of butchering presumes ya gonna cut it up into little bits anyways...
    Finally got our pork lady to cut decent neat racks of ribs for the barbie
    Buy great breaded fried chicken breast from one guy...always wants to cut it up in little bits....now he knows that weird farang has a knife!
    Speaking of table knives initially had to buy all ours in Malaysia or bring 'em from overseas, guess they are around nowadays though.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Smart thinking, though perhaps google translate could tell you the thai word you need for sirloin or t bone?
    You think that I hadn't already tried that and failed miserably in getting a decent steak FFS ?
    I know what the word is but maybe some dumb ass Thai butcher has a different idea as to just what piece of meat I am after.
    I also wouldn't trust Google translate for the meaning of yes and friggin no.
    As opposed to a thai reading a diagram written in English?

    I think we have our new Gravesend Dave!
    Which part of PICTURE do you have difficulty understanding halfwit ?
    You seem to be missing the point of I took a 2 PICTURES to a Thai butcher that had NO ENGLISH WRITING ON IT and after pointing at the PICTURE of the cut of meat I wanted and pointing at where on the cow it came fromI walked away with 5 very nice sirloin steaks costing me 40 Baht each.
    So just what part of this makes me the fcuking idiot you moron ?
    Oh and just took the PICTURES of the T bone and a PICTURE of where on the cow you get this from, again no ENGLISH writing as I understand the THAI man doesn't read or speak much English and after some more pointing he tells me to come back in a few days.
    In Thai just to make sure you understand

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,882
    The picture shows proper beef cattle. The Thai cow would be 1/3 the size, and whatever bits you carved off the damned thing would still be tough as old boots.

  11. #11
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    ^I've eaten some absolutely great tasting buffalo in a French restaurant in Nha Trang Vietnam. The French onion soup was to die for as well the chips firm and tasty. I don't agree that Asian buffalo or beef cattle is for the shits, but I haven't eaten meat for over 23 years.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    ^I've eaten some absolutely great tasting buffalo in a French restaurant in Nha Trang Vietnam. The French onion soup was to die for as well the chips firm and tasty. I don't agree that Asian buffalo or beef cattle is for the shits, but I haven't eaten meat for over 23 years.
    agree,agree,agree..through the centuries most people have eaten, beef + game etc without being grain fed and injected wiv lotsa chemicals...
    Thai beef is good! Just gotta cook it right!
    ...Remember the tough, overdone 1cm British beef they called steaks....?
    Geesh I miss the french onion soup in Montreal...mmmmm + a glass of Guinness
    great stuff...!

  13. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas
    Montreal...mmmmm + a glass of Guinness
    Make mine a common French red...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •