Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832

    Are Thais territorial monkeys ?

    that would explain a lot:

    1. Their inability to connect socially with farangs
    2. Their hate for farangs who own properties in Thailand
    3. Their obsession with cars and their attitude on the road
    4. Their business practices, typically a monopoly of some sort
    5. Their obsession to maintain their failing culture, that is directed inward, not outward, therefore not evolving

    Did I forget anything ?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    would you say that farangs have evolved psychologically since 2000 yrs ago.
    i say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    therefore not evolving

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    I wouldn't bumfuck a Belgian if his whole family was on fire.

    I hope that answers the question.

  4. #4
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    are you Thai ?

  5. #5
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    No. Is anyone in your family on fire?

    Crucially, people's educational level is not what determines whether they are racist or not - it's innate intelligence, according to the academics.

    Social status also appears to play no part.
    Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and conservative politics can lead people to be racist | Mail Online

  6. #6
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    don't understand your point,

    are you saying that Thai are not territorial like their monkey cousins ?

    how is it racism ? it's anthropology, hardly racism

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    don't understand your point
    Of course you don't, BF. That is the point.

  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    1. Their inability to connect socially with Butterfly
    2. Their hate of any Butterfly who own properties in Thailand
    3. Their obsession with cars and their attitude to Butterflys
    4. Their business practices, typically a monopoly Butterfly farms
    5. Their obsession to maintain their failing Butterflys, that is directed inward, not outward, therefore not liking Butterflys is a common trait for Thais

    Did I forget anything ?[

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    he came, he saw, he was conquered.
    he's leaving soon.

  10. #10
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,743
    what happened butters ?

    did your favourite ladyboy tell you she had her period ?

  11. #11
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    sounds like Thais are not the only territorial monkeys here

  12. #12
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    To be quite honest, I don't know of any Thai person who relocated to the UK ever getting rid of their many Thai traits/habits, still using the word 'farang' after living there more than 20 years.

    Including family.

    At the Conrad Hotel once, I was there to see a manager about the 87 Club. The reception girl rang him when I arrived and said in front of me ''farang mar laew ka'' rather than ''Khun Patrick mar laew ka'' which would be more formal and polite.

    They'll always be what people generally class them as. Guess what that is?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,721
    Thais seem to respect the Family a great deal more so than Westerners. Possible exception, Italians.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Thais seem to respect the Family a great deal more so than Westerners. Possible exception, Italians.
    Respect or brought up to serve?

  15. #15
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrewedPunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Thais seem to respect the Family a great deal more so than Westerners. Possible exception, Italians.
    Respect or brought up to serve?

    Serve the bone idle family at whatever the cost. If it means spreading your legs, then so be it. Brothers need motorsais and dad needs his booze. Mummy needs the gambling money.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrewedPunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Thais seem to respect the Family a great deal more so than Westerners. Possible exception, Italians.
    Respect or brought up to serve?
    Little of both from my observations...

  17. #17
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Interesting cynical statement here, the article contains stuff many rose tinted expats disagree with




    Thais have a term for foreigners – it is farang. In Thai minds, everything farangs do is evil while they perceive themselves as Earthly equivalents of saints. There is a deep-rooted, inherent hatred towards foreigners. Children are taught to hate foreigners by their parents, students are taught to hate foreigners by teachers and for everyone out of school and away from their families, there is an ongoing brainwash by the media and the rest of the Thai society that strengthens and encourages this open xenophobia.
    http://www.bestgore.com/open-post/dangerous-thailand/

    Australian Man Murdered by Thai Xenophobe for Being a Foreigner | Best Gore

    http://www.bestgore.com/murder/germa...eath-thailand/

    http://www.bestgore.com/suicide/brit...taya-thailand/
    Last edited by DJ Pat; 06-06-2013 at 07:04 AM.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    1. Their inability to connect socially with Butterfly
    2. Their hate of any Butterfly who own properties in Thailand
    3. Their obsession with cars and their attitude to Butterflys
    4. Their business practices, typically a monopoly Butterfly farms
    5. Their obsession to maintain their failing Butterflys, that is directed inward, not outward, therefore not liking Butterflys is a common trait for Thais

    Did I forget anything ?[
    Like Fluke says. I find Thai's treat people how they are treated. I would imagine the Thai's treat you like they do for a very simple reason.

  19. #19
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    Serve the bone idle family at whatever the cost. If it means spreading your legs, then so be it. Brothers need motorsais and dad needs his booze. Mummy needs the gambling money.
    I thought you were a failed alcoholic 'DJ' (failed that is both as an alcoholic and as a DJ) who was saved by his family and who is now living in penurious obscurity in shitsticks nowhere. Am I wrong? Surely, without family support your life would be even worse than it is now so what is that you're complaining about? Is it guilt? Self-hatred? Piteous whining stupidity?

    Oh, and nice link by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inane bollocks to which Pat linked
    it is socially acceptable for Thais to beat up or kill foreigners
    Of course it is.

  20. #20
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooheekock View Post
    now living in penurious obscurity in shitsticks nowhere. Am I wrong?
    Why is it 'shitsticks nowhere' Because it's not Thailand? Why obscurity? Because I'm not being fawned over by peasants in a banana republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zooheekock
    failed alcoholic 'DJ' (failed that is both as an alcoholic and as a DJ)
    Why did I fail as a DJ? I've made a decent living from it since '94. Quite well in fact. Just because someone doesn't live in Thailand why have they failed? I'm a half breed. I've been going to Thailand longer than you most probably.

  21. #21
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,703
    If I'm wrong, I apologize but I'm sure you've said on this forum that you ended up drunk, broke and unemployed and had to be rescued by your father. Standards differ but I'm not sure you'll find many people who call that a success. And the south west (that's where you live right?) just is shitsticks nowhere. For some that's its charm but it is what it is.
    I've been going to Thailand longer than you most probably.
    I came in 2000. I did go back to England for a while whilst my wife did post-grad work but whether or not you lived here for longer is irrelevant; it's long enough to know that you're full of shit.

    And I don't know why you seem offended. If you make half-arsed ineffectual trolls (on a thread by that fucking halfwit Butterfly, no less), presumably you're aiming to get exactly this kind of response. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Zooheekock; 06-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,614
    my wife did post-grad work
    Irrelevant spousal reference included to underline the fact that " not that anybody asked, but just to let you all know that my wife is different "

    Does your pomposity know no bounds?

  23. #23
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    nonthaburi
    Posts
    2,551
    ^Seems a much-needed corrective to Prat's view that all Thai women are either whores or family members he's done up the poop-shoot.

    Not pompous at all. Do you have shoes?

  24. #24
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    ...and the inability for Farang to interact with Thai without seeing them as underlings?

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,614
    Djp is an interestingly subversive and self centred troll, his musings should be seen for what they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •