Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    rawlins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 11:46 AM
    Posts
    2,942

    My sympathetic family....

    After only 2 weeks off at home I have to go to work again for a 5 week trip this weekend.... I am negotiating to reduce my contract days just now and asked the missus "Do you think it is better if I work more days or I am home more days?"...

    She told me that it is better if I work more days because that means more money....

    I broke the news to my 4 year old daughter that I have to go back to work soon and her first reply was "Are you going to take your laptop with you?... I don't want you to take your laptop"...

    It is nice to have a loving family to return to.


  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Smug Farang Bore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-10-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Posts
    3,875
    Buy the sprog a laptop that's half the problem sorted?.



    The other half ... Well your on ya own there mate

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    I can top that.

    Just after my uncle died (young) and we were on the way to his funeral, his youngest piped up "Will daddy's credit cards still work?"

    She was about 6

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    More money, more honey...innit?...

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    rawlins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 11:46 AM
    Posts
    2,942
    I get it... Work more days - make more money - buy more laptops....


  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    rawlins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 11:46 AM
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Shagnastier View Post
    I can top that.

    Just after my uncle died (young) and we were on the way to his funeral, his youngest piped up "Will daddy's credit cards still work?"

    She was about 6
    Just practical thinking and honesty really isn't it?... Those qualities are admirable in such a young age.

  7. #7
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Poor girl obviously need the laptop to stay in touch with you.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Posts
    17,362
    Sadly in todays consumer society even good kids are tricked into thinking their parents are.....

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    Quote Originally Posted by rawlins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Shagnastier View Post
    I can top that.

    Just after my uncle died (young) and we were on the way to his funeral, his youngest piped up "Will daddy's credit cards still work?"

    She was about 6
    Just practical thinking and honesty really isn't it?... Those qualities are admirable in such a young age.
    Thought it was bloody insensitive myself

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Sadly in todays consumer society even good kids are tricked into thinking their parents are.....
    Yes.....the famous "Farang money-tree"

  11. #11
    R.I.P.
    patsycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    7,393
    Jeez, when i was little the most exciting pressie i got was a Texas Instrument calculator....

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by rawlins View Post
    After only 2 weeks off at home I have to go to work again for a 5 week trip this weekend.... I am negotiating to reduce my contract days just now and asked the missus "Do you think it is better if I work more days or I am home more days?"...

    She told me that it is better if I work more days because that means more money....

    I broke the news to my 4 year old daughter that I have to go back to work soon and her first reply was "Are you going to take your laptop with you?... I don't want you to take your laptop"...

    It is nice to have a loving family to return to.

    So what is your advice to single guys who are dating girls that want kids? Fuck it?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    I get the same,from My 7 yr old Son."Dad can You go to work". So when I am out He can command the Lap top an Tele. Oh He wants an I Pad,a Tele in his bedroom and a Laptop.
    He's got an X Box,a real electric Guitar, a DS game thing. It's never enough.
    I do not even have an I Pad.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    I get the same,from My 7 yr old Son."Dad can You go to work". So when I am out He can command the Lap top an Tele. Oh He wants an I Pad,a Tele in his bedroom and a Laptop.
    He's got an X Box,a real electric Guitar, a DS game thing. It's never enough.
    I do not even have an I Pad.
    People say not having kids is selfish. I'd say the kids themselves are the kunts that are selfish. Once a bitch has her offspring, you lose the realm of attention.

    Looks like I'll have to ditch my girl cuz she wants kids.

  15. #15
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 08:15 PM
    Location
    quarantine
    Posts
    2,919
    buddhists say, having kids is selfish

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat View Post
    buddhists say, having kids is selfish
    Really? I'm going to bounce that off of her and see what she says.

  17. #17
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 08:15 PM
    Location
    quarantine
    Posts
    2,919
    yes, really

    when they are parading around their children, its not "proud parents", its called "neurotic"... really...

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat View Post
    yes, really

    when they are parading around their children, its not "proud parents", its called "neurotic"... really...
    I'm not understanding that

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Bower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    17-06-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Location
    South coast UK
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post

    So what is your advice to single guys who are dating girls that want kids? Fuck it?[/QUOTE]

    Just cannot imagine my life without my kids, and now blessed with 7 grandchildren, it's what we are here for is it not ? Well, unless your instincts take you elsewhere.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post

    So what is your advice to single guys who are dating girls that want kids? Fuck it?
    Just cannot imagine my life without my kids, and now blessed with 7 grandchildren, it's what we are here for is it not ? Well, unless your instincts take you elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

    Don't your kids just move away and forget about you? I'm in a different province then my parents. I go back once a year for X mass and thats it.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Socal the good outweighs the bad. Children are a joy.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Socal the good outweighs the bad. Children are a joy.
    Seems like A lot of stress goes along with them. They aren't for everyone..

    My thai date said we don't have to worry about that until we are married. Lol yeah, let's get married and then sort out the deal breakers. She would be poking holes in every condom she sees to no avail. Then she would probably go to the bar and find a guy that looks like me to do the job. Or maybe a sperms bank.

    "You knocked me up " Umm no that's impossible.

  23. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Socal the good outweighs the bad. Children are a joy.
    Depends on how they are raised......and their environment.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    gaysexbyproxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    03-03-2015 @ 05:42 PM
    Location
    Chiang Rai Beach
    Posts
    1,227
    RS, who's that weird chick in your new av?

  25. #25
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by gaysexbyproxy View Post
    RS, who's that weird chick in your new av?
    Your sister....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •