Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Location
    Naypyidaw, Myanmar
    Posts
    2,143

    What's the fastest you've driven?

    Just reading on TV forum about the plonker visa-run driver who flipped his van at a purported 180kph - it made me think how fast I used to drive.

    Years ago, (well about 15 years ago), I worked Monday - Friday in Antwerp, Belgium, and I'd drive home to London on the Friday evening, going via Calais and the Channel Tunnel.

    In those days I was a rich, debonnaire and handsome man, and I drove a sexy, small blue sports car, which obviously reflected the small size of my dick (and it's colour...)

    The motorway between Belgium and France was always deserted, with no frontier post. On one occasion, I managed to coax my little blue baby up to 230kph!! It had a fcuking great aerofoil on the back that pushed the car down onto the road as you drove faster - it stuck to the road like flies on a dog turd.

    Anyway, I'm now reduced to riding a rusty bike in Myanmar (it's a vehicle, not a woman).

    But can anyone beat 230kph? (plane travel not counted)

    Simon
    Groping women when you're old is fine - everyone thinks you're senile

  2. #2
    Member
    shaggersback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    13-10-2017 @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    923
    Easy , but do motorcycles count ?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    palexxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,152
    Don't see why not.

  4. #4
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684
    On the road I once got my Renalut 5 up to 137mph so just shy of your 230kph. But I had a track day once in a Ferrari and went a lot faster.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    178 mph.
    Zx 9R Stokenchurch hill M40.

  6. #6
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,094
    I've done over 180 kph in cars a few times, but not many, but I've had a bike up over 260 plenty of times.

    It is pretty weird at those speeds, your vision gets like a postage stamp, all you can see is the road ahead, peripherals seem to get blocked out.

    One time I was out and about on my CBR900RR and a guy in a BMW M3 challenged me at some traffic lights, I managed to hold my own around the twisty bits but when we got onto the straights he left me in the dust.

  7. #7
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,592
    191mph (GPS-verified- stock motorcycle speedos tend to read high and aren't very reliable above 100mph) on my 2000 Hayabusa (the last year before speed restrictions came into effect) on a road skirting the Mojave Desert in California back in 2001.

  8. #8
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,614
    Had a BMW M3 up to about 155mph in the UK, even though I have motorbikes here that would go a lot faster here I'm too shit scared of other road users to try.

  9. #9
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    16,045
    130 mph in stockcars. 80 mph on an old Triumph T-110.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,490
    Done 180mph in a VW Beetle a few times.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    beazalbob69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    10-07-2017 @ 03:09 PM
    Location
    Between here and nowhere.
    Posts
    1,467
    I have been up to 167mph on a yamaha r6 that i used to own. Did about 140mph in a 1987 mazda rx-7 i loved that car a poor mans porsche.

  12. #12
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,951
    Are we talking street or can I include Drag racing? I guess speed is speed.

    Street: 168mph(270.37kph) 1990 FZR 750 0W01, Radar test.

    Drag Racing: 204(328.306kph) 1967 Nova ET 7.57 204.21mph at the Strip in Las Vegas

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    snakeeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    pattaya
    Posts
    6,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Done 180mph in a VW Beetle a few times.

    Was a Ferrari towing you ,


    Done 134 mph in a Honda Accord racing 2 motorbikes, I slowed down then no chance of catching them .

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Done 180mph in a VW Beetle a few times.

    Was a Ferrari towing you ,

    No but it had a for more cubic inches added to it.


  15. #15
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    Done 180mph in a VW Beetle a few times.
    Did you fill it with cement and roll it off a cliff?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,186
    off the clock (190mph+) on a chipped ZX9R on the A 13 coming out of east London . at night but still overtaking cars 100 mph faster than what they were doing.

    before the euro came in used to leave London 6 am and have lunch in Amsterdam , also done that journey in an old Audi S8(7hrs door to door)

    A13 , same road on 4 wheels (cosworth) 170 or off the clock I.e right round to the pin that stops the dial !.

    been done speeding at 117mph (A127 ) in , wait for it, a Ford Galaxy!! 21 day ban plus fine .

    drove London to Alicante in 15 hrs in a merc E class , not going under 100mph and only stopping for fuel(4 times)
    also done that journey in a c class Amg !

    now drive a mondeo estate a Harley and a vigo!!!
    will not put up wiv the "Nanny state" so don't push it on me.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    I like the way you get vapour trails of your wing mirrors.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
    191mph (GPS-verified- stock motorcycle speedos tend to read high and aren't very reliable above 100mph) on my 2000 Hayabusa (the last year before speed restrictions came into effect) on a road skirting the Mojave Desert in California back in 2001.
    had a Busa and didn't bust the 200 limit ? you should be ashamed !!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by adzt1 View Post
    off the clock (190mph+) on a chipped ZX9R on the A 13 coming out of east London . at night but still overtaking cars 100 mph faster than what they were doing.

    before the euro came in used to leave London 6 am and have lunch in Amsterdam , also done that journey in an old Audi S8(7hrs door to door)

    A13 , same road on 4 wheels (cosworth) 170 or off the clock I.e right round to the pin that stops the dial !.

    been done speeding at 117mph (A127 ) in , wait for it, a Ford Galaxy!! 21 day ban plus fine .

    drove London to Alicante in 15 hrs in a merc E class , not going under 100mph and only stopping for fuel(4 times)
    also done that journey in a c class Amg !

    now drive a mondeo estate a Harley and a vigo!!!
    Yep, those 9Rs were quick in a straight line.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by the dogcatcher View Post
    I like the way you get vapour trails of your wing mirrors.
    or the black lines laid down by your pals infront ! and he's only going in a straight line!!!

  21. #21
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,592
    ^^^

    You'd need over 200hp to break 200mph on a Busa, and you'd have to re-gear it as stock gearing (17 up front, 40 in the rear) topped out at 194mph- I was putting down 167hp at the wheel and could probably have squeezed another mph or two out of it, but I ran out of road.

    Most people don't understand how much more power it takes to add just a few mph when you're talking about speeds above 175mph- the air is like a brick wall at that velocity and you need a lot of power to overcome it.

    If you got anywhere near 190mph on a ZX-9R, you would have had to increase power by at least 30hp (it put out about 125hp at the wheel, good for about 175mph)- very unlikely without adding at least a big-bore kit- a 'chip' (it was carbureted, I believe, so I'm not sure what a chip would do) or exhaust wouldn't come close to that.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
    HST

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,186
    yep. I blew the big end and bent the crank. on the rebuild I rebored n chipped it (dynojet) !

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
    ^^^

    You'd need over 200hp to break 200mph on a Busa, and you'd have to re-gear it as stock gearing (17 up front, 40 in the rear) topped out at 194mph- I was putting down 167hp at the wheel and could probably have squeezed another mph or two out of it, but I ran out of road.

    Most people don't understand how much more power it takes to add just a few mph when you're talking about speeds above 175mph- the air is like a brick wall at that velocity and you need a lot of power to overcome it.

    If you got anywhere near 190mph on a ZX-9R, you would have had to increase power by at least 30hp (it put out about 125hp at the wheel, good for about 175mph)- very unlikely without adding at least a big-bore kit- a 'chip' (it was carbureted, I believe, so I'm not sure what a chip would do) or exhaust wouldn't come close to that.
    Yep.
    Gravity.
    Stokenchurch hill.
    5 miles... all down hill.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,186
    ok 120kmh on a Honda Airblade 110cc Bangna -trat (34) highway!

  25. #25
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,357
    160kph, backwards, doing a wheelie, down Pattaya Beach Road. Just before going for a refreshing dip in the crystal clear sea.


    (Yes, I am Socal's double nik. )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •