Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    njdesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    652

    Idiocracy = Thailand?

    There is good film that the creator of “Office Space” that was just released on DVD in the US. It probably won’t be available anywhere else because the distributor, Fox, is trying to bury the film. You'll have to download the torrent. It is called "Idiocracy"


    The basic premise is that since the morons in the US breed the most, in five hundred years everyone in the US will be gun-toting, masterbating, fast food eating, ebonics/hillbilly speaking idiots. Everyone is illiterate and anyone who can string a coherent sentence sounds like a “fag.” The most popular TV show in the future is a stupid slapstick comedy called “Ow, My Balls.” Everyone is obsessed with money and they don’t care how they get it. Why do I bring this up in Thai forum? Because this hellish vision of the US in the future reminds me of present day Thailand.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    20-12-2011 @ 07:19 PM
    Location
    Ealing Fulham Chiswick Chelsea West
    Posts
    51
    gross exaggeration

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    The development is in different directions, I'd say in 50 years roles will be reversed.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Whiteshiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    29-05-2019 @ 04:45 AM
    Location
    Nontaburi
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi View Post
    There is good film that the creator of “Office Space” that was just released on DVD in the US. It probably won’t be available anywhere else because the distributor, Fox, is trying to bury the film. You'll have to download the torrent. It is called "Idiocracy"


    The basic premise is that since the morons in the US breed the most, in five hundred years everyone in the US will be gun-toting, masterbating, fast food eating, ebonics/hillbilly speaking idiots. Everyone is illiterate and anyone who can string a coherent sentence sounds like a “fag.” The most popular TV show in the future is a stupid slapstick comedy called “Ow, My Balls.” Everyone is obsessed with money and they don’t care how they get it. Why do I bring this up in Thai forum? Because this hellish vision of the US in the future reminds me of present day Thailand.
    You may be right, but even in 500 years there will be an elite controlling these rednecks. Just like today.....

  5. #5
    Dis-member
    Dougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 01:53 PM
    Location
    Head Rock
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    The development is in different directions, I'd say in 50 years roles will be reversed.
    I disagree.

    I think that the increasing globalisation and automation of production will give rise to a shift towards homogenous social structures throughtout the world, which will consist in the main of three classes a) a monied aristocratic class b) an educated technocratic class and c) a manual labouring class.

    Ever read Brave New World?
    Lord, deliver us from e-mail.

  6. #6
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi View Post
    There is good film that the creator of “Office Space” that was just released on DVD in the US. It probably won’t be available anywhere else because the distributor, Fox, is trying to bury the film. You'll have to download the torrent. It is called "Idiocracy"


    The basic premise is that since the morons in the US breed the most, in five hundred years everyone in the US will be gun-toting, masterbating, fast food eating, ebonics/hillbilly speaking idiots. Everyone is illiterate and anyone who can string a coherent sentence sounds like a “fag.”
    Studies indicate that people with lower IQs have more children.

    So the eugenic intelligence pool likely creates more average and below average intelligent people, while the smart ones are smaller in number, but are at the top.

    Like a pyramid.

    (Just look at the U.S.) (Voters.)

    A good book is "The Bell Curve." Very controversial, but I agree with it in general.

    And no, it doesn't focus on race except for one chapter.
    ............

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    21-01-2009 @ 09:15 PM
    Posts
    4,331
    my country tis of thee
    sweet land of idiocracy
    of thee i sing

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,774
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    in five hundred years everyone in the US will be gun-toting, masterbating, fast food eating, ebonics/hillbilly speaking idiots.
    That long? or did they add a couple of "0s" to that figure

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    in five hundred years everyone in the US will be hillbilly speaking idiots.
    That long? or did they add a couple of "0s" to that figure
    I hope it doesn't take take that long. I was thinking of maybe a year or two...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •