Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827

    Sports & the Dominions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk
    After all we couldn't give a flying fukc about cricket, soccer or that lawn bowling crap!
    Bladdy savages!

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk

    But then again us colonials are always a few steps behind. After all we couldn't give a flying fukc about cricket, soccer or that lawn bowling crap!
    hang on a second ... now thems fighting words - i think Canucks are bout the only colonials that have given away that mighty game!

    possibily some thing to do with the weather being not so congenial to 5 days outdoors ....

    or perhaps its your proximity to the GReat Satan.

  3. #3
    Member
    Sanuk Canuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    24-05-2011 @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    In a frigid wasteland too close to the arctic circle
    Posts
    299
    When you have hockey what need have you of the lesser sports. Speed, grace, strength, skill and the odd tussle. Plus the ice really shows off the blood.

    In what other game do they stitch you up on the bench so you don't miss a shift?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk
    In what other game do they stitch you up on the bench so you don't miss a shift?
    Rugby.

  5. #5
    Member
    Sanuk Canuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    24-05-2011 @ 08:35 AM
    Location
    In a frigid wasteland too close to the arctic circle
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    Rugby.
    True, I like rugby and aussie rules football. The only other popular full contact free-flowing games other than hockey. I used to play sevens in high school. Man what a pile of running that was.

    DD, sorry about the thread jacking seems to be a bad habit of mine lately.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    Rugby.
    True, I like rugby and aussie rules football. The only other popular full contact free-flowing games other than hockey. I used to play sevens in high school. Man what a pile of running that was.

    DD, sorry about the thread jacking seems to be a bad habit of mine lately.
    no worries - you just mentioned the 2 other greatest sports around...means u ok!

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk
    DD, sorry about the thread jacking seems to be a bad habit of mine lately.
    All is well. DD has done a weeding job on the thread.

    So...

    Basketball is a shit game, isn't it?

  8. #8
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Isn't hockey a girls game???

    It was at my school


  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanuk Canuk
    When you have hockey what need have you of the lesser sports. Speed, grace, strength, skill and the odd tussle. Plus the ice really shows off the blood.

    In what other game do they stitch you up on the bench so you don't miss a shift?
    Ice ???

    Oh hang on you mean ice hockey! we play that too - its so so !

    Aussie rules - we dont need all that body armour shit!

  10. #10
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    I thought this thread was gonna be about....


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •