Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249

    Free travel to away matches (footy).

    In January, a meeting of premier league clubs was adressed with an idea put forward by Stoke City that clubs should do a bit more for fans on the back of increased revenue.

    It fell on deaf ears.

    Today, Stoke anounced that they will provide free matchday away coaches to all 19 games this coming season.

    It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

    Stoke City announce free coach travel for fans attending away games - Premier League - Football - The Independent


    I have emailed the club asking about free flights from Bangkok.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    an idea put forward by Stoke City
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    It fell on deaf ears.
    What the fuck were you expecting

  3. #3
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Shagnastier
    What the fuck were you expecting
    Stoke -" pioneers of good ideas."

  4. #4
    R.I.P
    Mr Lick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Location
    Mountain view
    Posts
    40,028
    ^ Large Pie and Ears, i agree

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,779
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    Stoke anounced that they will provide free matchday away coaches to all 19 games this coming season
    They should also throw in a counselor and mansize tissues

    Away form table

    1. Manchester United - 220 wins from 399 games - 55.1%

    2. Arsenal - 173 wins from 398 game - 43.5%

    3. Chelsea - 170 wins from 399 games - 42.6%

    4. Liverpool - 147 wins from 399 games - 36.8%

    5. Aston Villa - 115 wins from 399 games - 28.8%

    6. Tottenham - 109 wins from 399 games - 27.3%

    7. Manchester City - 82 wins from 303 games - 27.1%

    8. Everton - 103 wins from 398 games - 25.9%

    9. Newcastle - 92 wins from 358 games - 25.7%

    10. Swansea - 8 wins from 32 games - 25%

    11. Wigan - 35 wins from 145 games - 24.1%

    12. QPR - 27 wins from 113 games - 24.1%

    13. West Ham - 70 wins from 320 games - 21.9%

    14. Norwich - 24 wins from 114 games - 21.1%

    15. Sunderland - 40 wins from 222 games - 18%

    16. Southampton - 45 wins from 266 games - 16.9%

    17. Reading - 8 wins from 50 games - 16%

    18. West Brom - 20 wins from 126 games - 15.9%

    19. Stoke - 14 wins from 89 games - 15.7%

    20. Fulham - 32 wins from 221 games - 14.5%

  6. #6
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Apparently Man Utd have thought again about this idea, and are now contemplating free travel to all home games.

  7. #7
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,892
    I've noted the free flight to York on 22nd February next year just in case Southend implement the idea.

    I'll skip Dagenham on 28th January though since it is too near my birthday.

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Posts
    58,138
    In fairness, it isn't going to cost Stoke much to lay on one coach is it? They might even get away with a minibus or a people carrier.


  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke
    Apparently Man Utd have thought again about this idea, and are now contemplating free travel to all home games.
    I'm sure Michael Owen used to commute by private chopper on the odd occasion he turned out for Manure. You used to be able to put a jumbo jet down next to the Britannia Stadium, but I expect they've built on it now.
    Atmosphere at away games is always way better than at home. Good idea Stoke. All you need now is a decent team now.
    Heart of Gold and a Knob of butter.

  10. #10
    R.I.P
    Mr Lick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Location
    Mountain view
    Posts
    40,028
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui
    All you need now is a decent team.

    Wad loads of dosh and a change of manager

  11. #11
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    I think the free travel is a dig at the so called big clubs who rip off punters for ticket prices, in order to make it more affordable.

    If away support dwindles at matches, the atmosphere is lessened (The Emirates for example - they might as well have kept the mural) and the product may be less attractive to the tv companies.

    Get a bit of standing terracing and a quid a ticket and we might re-introduce some proper seventies atmosphere.

  12. #12
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Posts
    58,138
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    I think the free travel is a dig at the so called big clubs who rip off punters for ticket prices, in order to make it more affordable.

    If away support dwindles at matches, the atmosphere is lessened (The Emirates for example - they might as well have kept the mural) and the product may be less attractive to the tv companies.

    Get a bit of standing terracing and a quid a ticket and we might re-introduce some proper seventies atmosphere.
    The TV companies don't care about the crowds, they care about the football.

    That's why Stoke aren't on the telly very often. They're utter cack to watch.


  13. #13
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    That's why Stoke aren't on the telly very often. They're utter cack to watch.
    They have been shite to watch for the last season and a half.

    Hopefully all change next season, especially with coachloads of extra fans to cheer us on.

  14. #14
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    17-05-2019 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,573
    A friend of mine plays in the local pool league here. His style is ridiculously defensive and boring. He is known, throughout the entire circuit, as the Stoke City of the league..

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    25,779
    Does he chip the cue ball at every given opportunity ?

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Posts
    58,138
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    That's why Stoke aren't on the telly very often. They're utter cack to watch.
    They have been shite to watch for the last season and a half.

    Hopefully all change next season, especially with coachloads of extra fans to cheer us on.
    They're only going to watch the opposition, only chance they get to see decent football, can't blame them.

  17. #17
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,249
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    In fairness, it isn't going to cost Stoke much to lay on one coach is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap
    His style is ridiculously defensive and boring. He is known, throughout the entire circuit, as the Stoke City of the league
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger
    Does he chip the cue ball at every given opportunity
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    They're only going to watch the opposition, only chance they get to see decent football, can't blame them.
    GET FUCKED you terrible bunch of kuntz.

  18. #18
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Posts
    58,138
    That's what fans have been saying to Stoke for years.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •