Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
  1. #1
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231

    Is "My Way" a great song or am I drunk?

    I've already choosen it for my funeral and I'm not 30 yet. The wife and I love the Sinatra years, Dean Martin & Co. Even the Ink spots, Anka & Mario Lanza feature on our playlists.

    Of course we know Anka, and very sucessfully made "My Way" a universally well known song from an old decripited French song with Sinatra; even I, a young fuckstick love the old classics. They belted the songs out in a voice with power that will never be repeated again in any fashion and period in which they were produced.

    I fucking love Sinatra and Co. even though some say he was a cnut

  2. #2
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    The Sid Vicious version is by far the best.



    And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain (Ha ha ha!)
    You [at][at][at][at], I'm not a queer
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

    I've lived a life that's full
    And each and every highway
    And much, much more than this
    I did it my way

    Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    But I did .. what I had to do
    I'll see it through without redemption

    I planned, each chartered course
    Be careful thought along the highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way

    There were times, I'm sure you knew
    When there was fuck, fuck fuck else to do

    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I shot it up, or kicked it out
    I faced the wall .. and .. the wall
    And did it my way

    I've loved in bed last night
    I've had my fill, my share of looting
    And now, the tears subside
    I find it all so amusing

    To think, I killed a cat
    And may I say ..not in the gay way
    "But no, no, not me"
    "I did it my way"

    For what is a prat, what has he got
    When he wears hats that he cannot
    Say the things he truly feels
    But only the words, not what he feels

    The record shows, I fucked a bloke
    And did it my way
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  3. #3
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Your ruining my thread with you tube embedings you bastard.



    try this

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-09-2019 @ 04:29 AM
    Posts
    3,859
    Your drunk.


    'My way' is a self-aggrandizing whine for those that failed to do it any way.

    Sinatra is a prime example of marketing crap to the masses.

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    03-01-2010 @ 05:48 PM
    Location
    in wonderland
    Posts
    132
    Limp Biskit 'My Way' is better.


  6. #6
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by fnsarchive
    In January 1974, Sinatra returned to Las Vegas performing at Caesars Palace despite vowing in 1970 never to play there again after the manager of the resort, Sanford Waterman, pulled a gun on him during a heated argument. With Waterman recently shot, the door was open for Sinatra to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    Your drunk.


    'My way' is a self-aggrandizing whine for those that failed to do it any way.

    Sinatra is a prime example of marketing crap to the masses.
    FlyFree; I've put this in the wrong forum as it will get overloaded with fucking youtube vids

    I find the era interesting and respect your opinion; I can't argue as I'm a young 'un but I've always found the character interesting

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-09-2019 @ 04:29 AM
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fnsarchive
    In January 1974, Sinatra returned to Las Vegas performing at Caesars Palace despite vowing in 1970 never to play there again after the manager of the resort, Sanford Waterman, pulled a gun on him during a heated argument. With Waterman recently shot, the door was open for Sinatra to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    Your drunk.


    'My way' is a self-aggrandizing whine for those that failed to do it any way.

    Sinatra is a prime example of marketing crap to the masses.
    FlyFree; I've put this in the wrong forum as it will get overloaded with fucking youtube vids

    I find the era interesting and respect your opinion; I can't argue as I'm a young 'un but I've always found the character interesting
    Yea well, let's just say Sinatra's marketing agency was slightly unorthodox.

  8. #8
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Anything to do with the Italians?

    I still want it played at my funeral

  9. #9
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,305
    Best version is:

    My Way - Frank Sinatra (with Luciano Pavarotti)

    Won't irritate you with vid. Go find it yourself.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-09-2019 @ 04:29 AM
    Posts
    3,859
    Is there a song "Fuck Off and Die, You Cunts'? If not, I'd better write one to be played at my funeral

  11. #11
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    ^^ If its good enough norts, deversed to be posted

    Just want to ( ) establish a thread a with a few of you older boys that take you back - not strictly blue eyes

    please add, I really enjoy nostalgia - and at my age I'm proud to like it

  12. #12
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,305

  13. #13
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Even Pavorotti liked it...............This next song my wife and I love;

    I get the feeling that Frank vocally meets Celine Dion with minimal effort; though great voices together as the duet is well reharsed


  14. #14
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231

  15. #15
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,305
    You may need more than one song. Enjoy.


  16. #16
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Feel the Brass section on the last one - love it and it it get's better with "this town"

    *edit Norton <- fuk off, with your MP

  17. #17
    RIP
    Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Rawai Phuket
    Posts
    6,010
    I'm still trying to find a copy of the Frank Ifield / Johnny Rotten duet -

    I Remember You - YOU CNUT !!


  18. #18
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,305
    And don't forget the "King".


  19. #19
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    HEY.................

    Aren't we forgetting Dean Martin.............

    next poser.................

    what was the classic written by Charlie Chaplin, sung by who

  20. #20
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,305
    A little more upbeat but appropriate for funeral. Couldn't find the "Burn My Body" rendition.


  21. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    The Sid Vicious version is by far the best.



    And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain (Ha ha ha!)
    You [at][at][at][at], I'm not a queer
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

    I've lived a life that's full
    And each and every highway
    And much, much more than this
    I did it my way

    Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    But I did .. what I had to do
    I'll see it through without redemption

    I planned, each chartered course
    Be careful thought along the highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way

    There were times, I'm sure you knew
    When there was fuck, fuck fuck else to do

    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I shot it up, or kicked it out
    I faced the wall .. and .. the wall
    And did it my way

    I've loved in bed last night
    I've had my fill, my share of looting
    And now, the tears subside
    I find it all so amusing

    To think, I killed a cat
    And may I say ..not in the gay way
    "But no, no, not me"
    "I did it my way"

    For what is a prat, what has he got
    When he wears hats that he cannot
    Say the things he truly feels
    But only the words, not what he feels

    The record shows, I fucked a bloke
    And did it my way
    NICE SUBVERSION BOB!!!

  22. #22
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Can't you just and answer my last question

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848
    I've always thought the secret to "My Way" is that it has a great melody, which is originally from a French song, "Comme d'habitude".
    Check out this hep cat:

    I've never cared for the smug, self-serving lyrics of the English version myself, although after living in Japan I've come to associate them less with Sinatra (whose best song is "That's Life" IMO) and more with the sad irony of Japanese salarymen crooning away in broken English about a way they have never lived.

    If you like "My Way" give "That's Life" a listen (the video is kind of jive- can't seem to find one of Frank singing):
    “You can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her think.” Dorothy Parker

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    robuzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Paese dei Balocchi
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fnsarchive
    In January 1974, Sinatra returned to Las Vegas performing at Caesars Palace despite vowing in 1970 never to play there again after the manager of the resort, Sanford Waterman, pulled a gun on him during a heated argument. With Waterman recently shot, the door was open for Sinatra to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    Your drunk.


    'My way' is a self-aggrandizing whine for those that failed to do it any way.

    Sinatra is a prime example of marketing crap to the masses.
    FlyFree; I've put this in the wrong forum as it will get overloaded with fucking youtube vids

    I find the era interesting and respect your opinion; I can't argue as I'm a young 'un but I've always found the character interesting
    Yea well, let's just say Sinatra's marketing agency was slightly unorthodox.
    You gotta problem widat, buddy?

  25. #25
    Eric
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    06-08-2012 @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    2,231
    Who wrote the classic ?

    green blob sent to the winner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •