Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004

    October 19th, What a Brilliant Day!!

    Not only is it the release date for 30 Days of Night (based on the eponymous, brilliant, graphic novel) but guess what starts its 4th season tonight (US time)...

    Battlestar Galactica! Brilliant, none of the second-rate Babylon-5 nonsense that CMN harps on about, the real deal! Expect the torrent to be up precisely 0:23sec following broadcast.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Bollocks, piss, shit, fock!

    BSG doesn't start tonight, it's only the 'flashback series' leading up to 'Razor' next month!

    Damn it!

  3. #3
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    not in the same league mate.

    B5 pisses all over it.

    I've watched both, not even in the same league.

    I met another B5 fan down at tuskers the other day.
    Very nice chap.
    What fun we had dissing Battlestar galactica.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    I met another B5 fan down at tuskers the other day
    By Odin's breath! There's two of you!?!

  5. #5
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    ^^^hahahahahahaha
    Suffer!



    B5 rocks - battlestar galactica is for mormon retards! It will never outgrow it's shameful past!



    Remaking it with a big budget and cool effects doesn't disguise the fact battlestar galactica is
    GAY!

    The Creation of Babylon 5

    Last edited by DrB0b; 19-10-2007 at 05:39 PM.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  6. #6
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    you'll get it here the instant it has finished.

    EZTV - TV Torrents Online

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    I met another B5 fan down at tuskers the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    B5 rocks - battlestar galactica is for mormon retards! It will never outgrow it's shameful past!
    By Thors dangly bits! I should've known it would be DrBob, the anathema to decent television critics everywhere.

    Youse guys is lucky you were at tossy-toss-pot Tuskers. You'd be booted from the Irish for spouting such nonsense.

  8. #8
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Youse guys is lucky you were at tossy-toss-pot Tuskers. You'd be booted from the Irish for spouting such nonsense.
    wasn't Bob actually.

    that makes 3 of us in CM.
    nearly enough to form a club.

    And Anty.
    i have watched both series.
    When you going to actually watch B5?

  9. #9
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,526
    October 19, also a Friday night and there will real people out and about to drink, play and converse with. There's lady named eiw that pour a 1/4 liter of italian wine that does not come from a refrigerator and an eighty-some-odd year old expat that been living here for 50 years wrote a travel guide decades ago could be seen a miserable old git, or an interesting man with anecdotes to fill the hours with interesting stories.

    There's a tasty young morsel just started at that bar, down that itsy-bitsy soi, you know the one? She's got a cute smile and body to wake the dead. There's always a gaggle of "foolish farang" to watch go through their "where am I?," "is this the right page?" experiences, as well as some drunk guy in the corner, drool running down his chin making a fool of himself.

    But No! Theres a good show on TV! Stay in! it's gonna be hours of "30 Days of Night," "BSG" And what was the other one? "B5?"

    Oh shit, I'll just have to pass.
    Won't get out top see them other folks either, though. Seems I've got other shit to do. Maybe tomorrow.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -- T. Jefferson


  10. #10
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    I met another B5 fan down at tuskers the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    B5 rocks - battlestar galactica is for mormon retards! It will never outgrow it's shameful past!
    By Thors dangly bits! I should've known it would be DrBob, the anathema to decent television critics everywhere.

    Youse guys is lucky you were at tossy-toss-pot Tuskers. You'd be booted from the Irish for spouting such nonsense.






    Actually I only like it because all the special effects were done on Amigas.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    that makes 3 of us in CM. nearly enough to form a club.
    Oh dear lord, it's spreading like a malignant virus!

    ......................... /´¯/)
    ......................,/¯ ..//
    ...................../... ./ /
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯/ ¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../.../ ..../¨¯\
    ........('(...´(..´...... ,~/'...')
    .........\............... ..\/..../
    ..........''...\......... . _.·´
    ............\............ ..(
    ..............\.......... ...\

    Weirdo's!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    When you going to actually watch B5?
    When you gonna give me the disks knobby, knob-end!?!

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    October 19, also a Friday night and there will real people out and about to drink, play and converse with
    Yeah but those "real people" don't have a heavily pregnant wife to contend with do they!

  13. #13
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256


    ambassador G-karr.

    voted the best science fiction character of all time.

  14. #14
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Yeah but those "real people" don't have a heavily pregnant wife to contend with do they!
    is it really only a year ago that you were all rock and roll??

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Hey you freaking Babylon-5 nerds (snigger, Babylons!),

    Stop hijacking my thread with your propaganda and pictures of 2nd-rate special effects make-up!

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    is it really only a year ago that you were all rock and roll??
    Yup, in that time I've sold me bike, built an extentsion on the house, purchased a 'people-mover', and enquired about school fees with my Co.

    The savage beast, he has been tamed.

  17. #17
    Northern Hermit
    friscofrankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiangmai, Thailand
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Yeah but those "real people" don't have a heavily pregnant wife to contend with do they!
    All the more reason to get OUT!!!! While you can! After "heavily pregnant" comes KIDS, then? Kiss your own, personal, private life goodbye for the next 20 - 25 years

  18. #18
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    October 19, also a Friday night and there will real people out and about to drink, play and converse with
    Yeah but those "real people" don't have a heavily pregnant wife to contend with do they!
    You should get out there and enjoy these last few precious, ephemeral, evanescent weeks of liberty, Ant. It's going to be long time before you next get to spend the night in a bar, watch a TV program all the way through, or have a spare hour or so to relax with a comic, errm , I mean "graphic novel". Oh, schadenfreude, how I love thee! Live long and prosper \/ Kaplaa!!

  19. #19
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    Kiss your own, personal, private life goodbye for the next 20 - 25 years
    either that or get divorced and abandon them.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    All the more reason to get OUT!!!! While you can!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    You should get out there and enjoy these last few precious, ephemeral, evanescent weeks of liberty, Ant.
    True, but I left the "crazy with hormones" bit out of that. Besides, kids, can't be that hard! That's what maids are for, innit

    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I mean "graphic novel"
    I currently have 40GB of 'graphic novels'. That my life has come to this...

  21. #21
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    smoking.


  22. #22
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    All the more reason to get OUT!!!! While you can!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    You should get out there and enjoy these last few precious, ephemeral, evanescent weeks of liberty, Ant.
    True, but I left the "crazy with hormones" bit out of that. Besides, kids, can't be that hard! That's what maids are for, innit

    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I mean "graphic novel"
    I currently have 40GB of 'graphic novels'. That my life has come to this...
    Hmm, we might have to do a swap sometime, I've got about the same amount of comics (99% American) going back to the 1900's, including almost complete runs of DC up to about 1990 and about 1,000 "underground" comix of the 60's and 70's. I'm a bit short of recent graphic novels, mostly Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis over the last couple of years. Something newer would be nice.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    Hmm, we might have to do a swap sometime, I've got about the same amount of comics (99% American) going back to the 1900's, including almost complete runs of DC up to about 1990 and about 1,000 "underground" comix of the 60's and 70's. I'm a bit short of recent graphic novels, mostly Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis over the last couple of years. Something newer would be nice.
    Bloody hell, quite the collection! We should definately do a swap at some point, being a child of the 80's however I tend to stick to that period on.

    While we're on the subject, have you read 30 Days of Night? It's excellent! I am, quite literally, reading it right now in between posts. If you're looking for something I can throughly recommend that. Preacher is another, stunningly brilliant and it has an Irish vampire named Cassidy!

    Both freely avaliable via torrents, actually there's plenty out there and I can recommend a lot. let me know if you want any pointers.

  24. #24
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    if you like the book so much, you are almost guaranteed to be dissapointed with the movie.

    Have you ever enjoyed a movie as much as the original book.

    Personally loved the adaptation of Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. nothing else springs to mind.

    very iffy reviews on rotten tomatoes so far, 43% good.
    30 Days of Night - Rotten Tomatoes
    Last edited by ChiangMai noon; 19-10-2007 at 06:30 PM.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    if you like the book so much, you are almost guaranteed to be dissapointed with the movie.
    Oh undoutably. But it's the KFC factor innit, you know it's greasy, fat, over-priced chicken that's going to make you feel ill but it doesn't stop you from craving for it once in every while.

    The tagline to the movie already has me wondering, 'Sheriff Eben and his estranged wife Stella...'. In the comic their love story is a central part of the whole thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •