Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat KEVIN2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,740

    Bbc Question Time 8th Dec 2016:

    BBC QUESTION TIME 8TH DEC 2016:

    LAST OF 2016.



  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    20-06-2019 @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,947
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world have heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?

  3. #3
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world have heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?
    Hardly any. I doubt most people in the UK would recognise the name offhand even now.

    A Chaoimhín, a chara, I don't understand why this episode was posted here. If there's something special tosee then just post the special bit, preferably saying why it's special. If it's not special then kindly remember that those of us who care are quite capable of watching question time for ourselves.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat KEVIN2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?
    Hardly any. I doubt most people in the UK would recognize the name offhand even now.

    A Chaoimhín, a chara, I don't understand why this episode was posted here. If there's something special tosee then just post the special bit, preferably saying why it's special. If it's not special then kindly remember that those of us who care are quite capable of watching question time for ourselves.
    Not everyone posting here on TD lives in the UK and the cut and thrust of QT would appeal to a wider audience. ( i dont speak gaelic or Irish....like Thai another useless language
    Last edited by KEVIN2008; 10-12-2016 at 05:25 AM.

  5. #5
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world have heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?
    Hardly any. I doubt most people in the UK would recognise the name offhand even now.

    A Chaoimhín, a chara, I don't understand why this episode was posted here. If there's something special tosee then just post the special bit, preferably saying why it's special. If it's not special then kindly remember that those of us who care are quite capable of watching question time for ourselves.
    Not everyone posting here on TD lives in the UK ...
    Eh? So what? That's right, they don't. So they van use the internet to access UK programming. Like, you know, you did. Again, why bother with a special post? We all have internet access. Did you think TD punters were too dim to work that out? We can all watch Question Time whenever we want, its existence is no secret. Are you saying that you think TD members have never heard of youtube before? Why a special thread to tell us about something we all know about anyway? There may be a whole arseload of eejits on here but considering the nature of the forum it's a fairly safe bet most of them know how to access the internet.


    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008
    i dont speak gaelic or Irish....like Thai another useless language
    You say that like it's something to be proud of. Not knowing something is nothing to be proud of, quite the opposite. Any idiot can be ignorant, in fact it's one of the definitions of being an idiot. You're an Irishman who can't speak Irish, you live in Thailand and can't speak Thai. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by DrB0b; 10-12-2016 at 05:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    Not going to watch it but I note that Nigel Farage is on "again". Why is the public broadcaster giving this creature such massive publicity?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat KEVIN2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world have heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?
    Hardly any. I doubt most people in the UK would recognise the name offhand even now.

    A Chaoimhín, a chara, I don't understand why this episode was posted here. If there's something special tosee then just post the special bit, preferably saying why it's special. If it's not special then kindly remember that those of us who care are quite capable of watching question time for ourselves.
    Not everyone posting here on TD lives in the UK ...
    Eh? So what? That's right, they don't. So they van use the internet to access UK programming. Like, you know, you did. Again, why bother with a special post? We all have internet access. Did you think TD punters were too dim to work that out? We can all watch Question Time whenever we want, its existence is no secret. Are you saying that you think TD members have never heard of youtube before? Why a special thread to tell us about something we all know about anyway? There may be a whole arseload of eejits on here but considering the nature of the forum it's a fairly safe bet most of them know how to access the internet.


    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008
    i dont speak gaelic or Irish....like Thai another useless language
    You say that like it's something to be proud of. Not knowing something is nothing to be proud of, quite the opposite. Any idiot can be ignorant, in fact it's one of the definitions of being an idiot. You're an Irishman who can't speak Irish, you live in Thailand and can't speak Thai. You should be ashamed of yourself.

  8. #8
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    So one female on the panel said that "Joe Cox" should have been on the Time magazine cover as woman of the year.
    How many people around the world have heard of or know the name of Jo Cox?
    Hardly any. I doubt most people in the UK would recognise the name offhand even now.

    A Chaoimhín, a chara, I don't understand why this episode was posted here. If there's something special tosee then just post the special bit, preferably saying why it's special. If it's not special then kindly remember that those of us who care are quite capable of watching question time for ourselves.
    Not everyone posting here on TD lives in the UK ...
    Eh? So what? That's right, they don't. So they van use the internet to access UK programming. Like, you know, you did. Again, why bother with a special post? We all have internet access. Did you think TD punters were too dim to work that out? We can all watch Question Time whenever we want, its existence is no secret. Are you saying that you think TD members have never heard of youtube before? Why a special thread to tell us about something we all know about anyway? There may be a whole arseload of eejits on here but considering the nature of the forum it's a fairly safe bet most of them know how to access the internet.


    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008
    i dont speak gaelic or Irish....like Thai another useless language
    You say that like it's something to be proud of. Not knowing something is nothing to be proud of, quite the opposite. Any idiot can be ignorant, in fact it's one of the definitions of being an idiot. You're an Irishman who can't speak Irish, you live in Thailand and can't speak Thai. You should be ashamed of yourself.

    So you're telling me that being an Irishman who can speak Irish and an expat in Thailand who can speak Thai is some kind of impossible achievement?

    Have you ever considered that your inability to do either of these things might be your fault and that you're incapable of understanding that if you'd put a bit of effort effort in you'd be able to do both too?

    Knowing how to speak the language of your homeland and the language of your adopted country is not being somebody who claims to "know everything". It's a fairly basic requirement and your odd pride in being unable to do either is no more than the standard pathetic hand-waving so typical of those too lazy and ignorant to spend the time required to actually learn something.

    "know everything" my ass! What can't you speak Irish and Thai? There are millions who speak Irish and millions who speak Thai, there are even some who speak both. Very few of them are geniuses, they just got off their arses and put some effort in. Your inability to speak either language is nobody's fault but your own. Don't make this stupid claim that learning a language is somehow "acting like google and claiming and claiming you know everything". It's pathetic. Millions of people do it all the time and all you're doing by claiming it's some impossible mega-achievement is showing yourself up as lazy and ignorant.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat KEVIN2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,740
    I think you will agree that this forum has gone very quiet...its actually dead. I look in now and again and put up the odd post to try and generate some interest. ...but do you ever stop and think WHY there is a lack of interest. Because there is a hard core group on here think that they have the right to control the forum completely. No doubt a perceived superiority Really just inadequate people with nothing between their ears. Anyway i think you get the message and i needed an excuse to stop posting here, ....Thanks Bob

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,363
    count yourself lucky he didnt reply to your post in latin.

  11. #11
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008
    i needed an excuse to stop posting here
    Why would you need an excuse? Stop posting anytime you like. It's your choice. No excuse required

  12. #12
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54°N
    Posts
    11,353
    You think all languages are equal?
    imagine having to conduct all you finances using Roman numerals, it would be a tall order , and that what it's like trying to have higher thoughts in a primative language.

    The greatest benefit the British bestowed on the world was the English language as
    it allows people to think properly, with its simple yet sophisticated set up .
    Some languages don't even have tenses etc .

    Learning another language may be polite or useful , for some its easy for other very hard indeed, and thats not based on intellegence.
    So if you find it easy go ahead learn seven or eight, if not dont worry about it .


    excuse the typos- i'm converting a movie and its hogging the computer big time

  13. #13
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    count yourself lucky he didnt reply to your post in latin.
    Que??

  14. #14
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    i dont speak gaelic or Irish.
    Isn't that the same language.

  15. #15
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    You think all languages are equal?
    imagine having to conduct all you finances using Roman numerals, it would be a tall order , and that what it's like trying to have higher thoughts in a primative language.

    The greatest benefit the British bestowed on the world was the English language as
    it allows people to think properly, with its simple yet sophisticated set up .
    Some languages don't even have tenses etc .

    Learning another language may be polite or useful , for some its easy for other very hard indeed, and thats not based on intellegence.
    So if you find it easy go ahead learn seven or eight, if not dont worry about it .


    excuse the typos- i'm converting a movie and its hogging the computer big time
    Latin is pretty good, mind. It neatly sums your post up as "non sequitur" although English, while not as elegant, could sum it up more efficiently as "shite". Nevertheless, as Siphilus so eloquently put it in his "Stercus Accidit", "Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum".

  16. #16
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54°N
    Posts
    11,353
    When did the Irish switch to speaking English ?
    Anyone know,
    Not that they are thankfull for the gift...

  17. #17
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    When did the Irish switch to speaking English
    You call that gibberish English? Although I suppose that compared to the primitive patois you and other members of the northern lower orders parrot it's positively Shakespearean.

  18. #18
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54°N
    Posts
    11,353
    Last edited by blue; 10-12-2016 at 07:52 AM.

  19. #19
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158



    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964

  21. #21
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,689
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    as Siphilus so eloquently put it in his "Stercus Accidit", "Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum".

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    22-08-2019 @ 11:00 AM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    When did the Irish switch to speaking English ?
    Anyone know,
    Not that they are thankfull for the gift...
    Oh my, blue, blue blue, we didn't switch to speaking English. The Irish language was never outlawed by the British but in the 17th century the huns started phasing out all printed Oirish in favour of filthy hun speak including the Bible and all work related documents. Thank you brutish overlords for the gift.

    Kevin sort yourself out. Your self hate of being a son Eire is quite an eye opener on the 60s generation who were taught to hate themselves by the child rapist cult.

    Here's a previously banned in Ireland documentary that might explain your self hate to yourself.

    https://youtu.be/7kaAQHj9Efk
    Last edited by rebbu; 10-12-2016 at 10:10 AM.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN2008 View Post
    Anyway i think you get the message and i needed an excuse to stop posting here, ....Thanks Bob
    Sorry Kevin but this barely even registered on the flounce 'o' meter.
    Have another go!

    However, if indeed you do go, this will give you free time to learn some new languages.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,569
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    When did the Irish switch to speaking English ?
    Anyone know,
    Not that they are thankfull for the gift...
    Oh my, blue, blue blue, we didn't switch to speaking English. The Irish language was never outlawed by the British but in the 17th century the huns started phasing out all printed Oirish in favour of filthy hun speak including the Bible and all work related documents. Thank you brutish overlords for the gift.

    Kevin sort yourself out. Your self hate of being a son Eire is quite an eye opener on the 60s generation who were taught to hate themselves by the child rapist cult.

    Here's a previously banned in Ireland documentary that might explain your self hate to yourself.

    https://youtu.be/7kaAQHj9Efk
    Yes. Previously, we had 64 words for "potato".

  25. #25
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    When did the Irish switch to speaking English ?
    Anyone know,
    Not that they are thankfull for the gift...
    Oh my, blue, blue blue, we didn't switch to speaking English. The Irish language was never outlawed by the British but in the 17th century the huns started phasing out all printed Oirish in favour of filthy hun speak including the Bible and all work related documents. Thank you brutish overlords for the gift.

    Kevin sort yourself out. Your self hate of being a son Eire is quite an eye opener on the 60s generation who were taught to hate themselves by the child rapist cult.

    Here's a previously banned in Ireland documentary that might explain your self hate to yourself.

    https://youtu.be/7kaAQHj9Efk
    Yes. Previously, we had 64 words for "potato".
    It used to be 69 but that made the church uneasy and they banned the last 5. I believe it was Gay Byrne, as so often, in the 1989 Christmas Late Late Show who finally broke that taboo when he invited the Banana Bunch to do the full version of their "one potato, two potato" number on live TV, shocking Catholic Ireland to the core and ushering in a new era of liberalism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •