Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877

    Big TV's and Live Stream

    I have a 32" Samsung and have been watching TV using Kodi and Filmon with no problems.
    I've just helped a local friend out by loading Kodi and Filmon onto his Computer so he can watch live streams also.The only problem is he has a 55"Samsung TV and even using the HD streams his picture quality is rubbish........ but looks fine on my 32".
    The 1080 movie streams are great its just the HD streams that a poor.
    Are there any settings on his TV he can change or will he have to watch live HD streams on a smaller 42" TV ( which we haven't tried yet so may have the same issue ) he has elsewhere in his house ???
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  2. #2
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    I have a 32" Samsung and have been watching TV using Kodi and Filmon with no problems.
    I've just helped a local friend out by loading Kodi and Filmon onto his Computer so he can watch live streams also.The only problem is he has a 55"Samsung TV and even using the HD streams his picture quality is rubbish........ but looks fine on my 32".
    The 1080 movie streams are great its just the HD streams that a poor.
    Are there any settings on his TV he can change or will he have to watch live HD streams on a smaller 42" TV ( which we haven't tried yet so may have the same issue ) he has elsewhere in his house ???
    Do you subscribe to Filmon? Because if you don't, then it's only SD streams.

    The broadcasts on IPTV Stalker are OK on a 55".

  3. #3
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,852
    I thought 1080 were HD streams

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    I have a 32" Samsung and have been watching TV using Kodi and Filmon with no problems.
    I've just helped a local friend out by loading Kodi and Filmon onto his Computer so he can watch live streams also.The only problem is he has a 55"Samsung TV and even using the HD streams his picture quality is rubbish........ but looks fine on my 32".
    The 1080 movie streams are great its just the HD streams that a poor.
    Are there any settings on his TV he can change or will he have to watch live HD streams on a smaller 42" TV ( which we haven't tried yet so may have the same issue ) he has elsewhere in his house ???
    Do you subscribe to Filmon? Because if you don't, then it's only SD streams.

    The broadcasts on IPTV Stalker are OK on a 55".
    I've just installed iVue today so I can get IPTV stalker to work ( and it does well ) so I will give that a go on his TV......thanks


  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post

    Do you subscribe to Filmon? Because if you don't, then it's only SD streams.

    The broadcasts on IPTV Stalker are OK on a 55".
    IPTV Stalker is down because it's now become a paid service but I've managed to get it working by changing the Mac address to ... 00 : 1A : 79 : 12 : 34 : 75 but to be honest the best quality sports streams I have found are on vdub25..now some good streams have been found the picture quality issue has been solved.

    The iVue guide is a must have for Kodi user IMHO and since IPTV Stalker has gone down they have integrated their system with other addons. All the addons you need to watch 98% of most programs on the guide are Sports Devil , FilmOn ,Gorilla Streams and vdubt25 .

    iVue TV Guide [Gorilla Streams & vdubt25 added]

    BTW.... Free streams ,Sports Donkey and USTVNow are either a paid service or are geographically blocked in Thailand without a VPN.......also with the 4 addons mentioned then Israel Live is not needed.. plus it keeps trying to open a PRV IPTV simple client all the time so I took it off

  6. #6
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    Say what you like about Stalker but it let me watch the rugby on Sky Sports 3 on some fairly shitty Dubai airport wifi this morning. Great quality and did not buffer once.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Say what you like about Stalker but it let me watch the rugby on Sky Sports 3 on some fairly shitty Dubai airport wifi this morning. Great quality and did not buffer once.
    Many have said it's blocked,I use it with the Mac address I posted ( it does take a few try's but once opened I save the chnnels I want to my Favorites ) ...just don't empty your Cache or take off from Fav's as you could lose them stream

    Free IPTV Stalker Over July 15! Details Here

    No big deals as I have been watching all the live EPL games on other addons

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Say what you like about Stalker but it let me watch the rugby on Sky Sports 3 on some fairly shitty Dubai airport wifi this morning. Great quality and did not buffer once.
    Many have said it's blocked,I use it with the Mac address I posted ( it does take a few try's but once opened I save the chnnels I want to my Favorites ) ...just don't empty your Cache or take off from Fav's as you could lose them stream

    Free IPTV Stalker Over July 15! Details Here

    No big deals as I have been watching all the live EPL games on other addons
    I paid the $80 bucks. That's the equivalent of a quiet night out. It works on all my devices but only one at a time. Which is OK because I only watch one at a time.


  9. #9
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,523
    I have been playing around with kodi on a desktop and my note 2 installing the plugins for the sport - thinking of cricket

    tutorials here - https://seo-michael.co.uk/

    what I want to know is if it is possible to push kodi to a second screen ? and I find kodi sometimes locks my note 2 up

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I have been playing around with kodi on a desktop and my note 2 installing the plugins for the sport - thinking of cricket

    tutorials here - https://seo-michael.co.uk/

    what I want to know is if it is possible to push kodi to a second screen ? and I find kodi sometimes locks my note 2 up
    There are workarounds to use Kodi to drive a Chromecast.

    I'm not surprised it's locking up on a Note 2 though, bit dated!

  11. #11
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,852
    My android box with Kodi uses Miracast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •