Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 127
  1. #1
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198

    Website Design Feedback

    I was asked to contribute to the design of this site:

    Chef's Relief Network

    The tasking: A simple yet elegant look, that would allow the owner to later incorporate a chef's whore page, where the clients could look at the chef's profiles and then choose their chef.

    Note the front page is all that's finished. The client didn't really supply much in the way of content to the follow on pages so it was up to me to fill most of the voids from my own experience.

    Feel free to bend me over like a cheap whore with your critique!


    Thanks!

  2. #2
    'ello 'ello 'ello Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    23,529
    Looks okay, but.......... the resolution of the photos are too poor, and they and their height is too much, so that they don't fit on the page without scrolling down.


    I would streamline them.

    2/3rds of their current height. Closer together. Different photos, go for Full HD pics at least.


    the fonts are too old fashioned.


    The home and contact me buttons are visible. You should only see the words, not the outline of the buttons. Increase the size of the font too.

    The black and white border is too straight, slight curve that muthfuka.

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I recently had a similar experience,supplied the photos the info, a couple of example websites the designer should follow the colour.

    I flew down to BKK to consult with the guy paid his bar bill, and he never had any battery left on his laptop, told me the site would be completed before i returned to UK.

    The guy was told that we would like to clone the site and have possible other sites,that he could make money from.

    Though sadly through a lack of communication and the designer only wishing to do what he wanted to do,there was a complete break down of trust.
    The guy quoted a price for all the work then doubled the price and then when confronted backed down and asked for first price quoted

    One thing for sure, we live and learn,pity really as the guy could of made a fair bit of cash.
    Last edited by Horatio Hornblower; 22-07-2015 at 09:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,377
    Teak Door - bringing people together one thread at a time.

  5. #5
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    he resolution of the photos are too poor, and they and their height is too much, so that they don't fit on the page without scrolling down.
    The client was rather insistent on the pictures....


    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    the fonts are too old fashioned.
    Say you, young man! Back in my day, those were the fonts of elegance .....

    What I don't like is the "View Post" buttons on the front page. It seems redundant when the whole picture is begging to be clicked upon like a whore in heat.

  6. #6
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,981
    I think you should have the main pulling point of the site, ie our services, taking up all of the home page and the other 2 boxes or however many you wanna put stuck on a header or whatever you call it at the top or embedded into that button on the top right

  7. #7
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger
    I think you should have the main pulling point of the site, ie our services, taking up all of the home page
    The site is supposed to appeal to the ultra high rollers needing a chef, so originally I had the "Our Clients" at the top to let the elite know first that they were in the right place.

    My thought was to get the three most important concepts out:

    We be high class chef whores that suck and fuck, but only the highest of the highest hi-so sorts.
    We be sluts that have been well used before and have satisfied clientele around the world.
    Here's our personal profiles, feel free to snap one off while enjoy scintillating pictures of our garnish.

    Thanks for you ideas!
    Last edited by CSFFan; 22-07-2015 at 10:24 PM.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,218
    I would have gone for something like this but...


  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I would of gone for something like this.

    its elegant and modern.

    Chef Kitchen Website Template | WIX

  10. #10
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    ^^ That's cool!

    Penultimate Chefs - When Your Dining Doesn't Require The Best

  11. #11
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower
    I would of gone for something like this. its elegant and modern. Chef Kitchen Website Template | WIX
    Copying other sites is so yesterday. Look at how Teakdoor copied Thai Visa to get the same look and feel as AjarnForum had before it upgraded to SMF4.2.

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    I said something like this.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Next door to digit
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post

    What I don't like is the "View Post" buttons on the front page. It seems redundant when the whole picture is begging to be clicked upon like a whore in heat.
    The view post button is ok if you change the font to the same as the main font, the button outline is unnecessary and looks a tad industrial. The site works well on an iPad mini and a 5".mobile so from your side of things it's looking good, content sucks though.

  14. #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    Out of interest Bob did the client like your site you designed for them.?

    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I was asked to contribute to the design of this site:

    Chef's Relief Network

    The tasking: A simple yet elegant look, that would allow the owner to later incorporate a chef's whore page, where the clients could look at the chef's profiles and then choose their chef.

    Note the front page is all that's finished. The client didn't really supply much in the way of content to the follow on pages so it was up to me to fill most of the voids from my own experience.

    Feel free to bend me over like a cheap whore with your critique!


    Thanks!

  15. #15
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    he button outline is unnecessary and looks a tad industrial
    Agreed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    The view post button is ok if you change the font to the same as the main font
    Cool, I'll take a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    content sucks though.
    There's people out there that think as long as it looks good, the quality/quantity of content doesn't matter. They don't understand google indexes on the content of the site, not how it looks.

    I'm guessing the customer of this site was intended for was asked to deliver content at least 10-12 times, but alas....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    The site works well on an iPad mini and a 5".mobile so from your side of things it's looking good,
    It's pretty cool in that regard. The idea was whether a high roller's PA was using a phone, tablet or computer that the site would work equally as well. After all, that's the world we live in today.

    Thanks for that Stinky! I've tested it on android devices but not Apple shite.

  16. #16
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,377

  17. #17
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Hornblower
    Out of interest Bob did the client like your site you designed for them.?
    Who's Bob? Have you looked at the site? Feel free to chime in with your impressions!

    However, I can say that "simple and elegant" is a matter of perspective. What's simple and elegant to me may not be the same to someone else.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    15-10-2016 @ 10:22 PM
    Posts
    3,859
    Not much there to comment on. Just a basic template.

    Font sucks. In capitals. Needs to be modern.

  19. #19
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    Not much there to comment on. Just a basic template.
    Almost as if the owner needed to provide some content to fill it out...

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    Font sucks. In capitals. Needs to be modern.
    I wanted something "wide", I'm looking at another font now....

  20. #20
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,609
    I like it. Looks nice and clean and easy to use. I bought a domain a few weeks ago by mistake. I've written some content but it looks shite because I've been unable to get to grips with the design and theme functions. Could do with a hand when you've put this one to bed...

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Next door to digit
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky
    The site works well on an iPad mini and a 5".mobile so from your side of things it's looking good,
    It's pretty cool in that regard. The idea was whether a high roller's PA was using a phone, tablet or computer that the site would work equally as well. After all, that's the world we live in today.

    Thanks for that Stinky! I've tested it on android devices but not Apple shite.
    If go go to a site like www.browserstack.com it'll check your site for interactiveity across all platforms

  22. #22
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap
    Could do with a hand when you've put this one to bed...
    I'd fucking love to build a site for ya Slap, as long as you don't want simple and elegant and don't mind contributing to my beer fund.

  23. #23
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,609
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan
    I'd fucking love to build a site for ya Slap, as long as you don't want simple and elegant and don't mind contributing to my beer fund.
    Of course. I'll ping over the logins at the weekend. No rush - I have to write and film the content.

  24. #24
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,198
    Quote Originally Posted by somtamslap
    Of course. I'll ping over the logins at the weekend. No rush - I have to write and film the content.
    While I enjoy your writing, if there's actual video involved, I'm not sure I can handle the task........

  25. #25
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,609
    Easy stuff mate - just embedding youtube vids. I'll give you the details this weekend. I reckon there's only a day's work or so on it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •