Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952

    USB to HDMI is there such a thing for TV?

    I accidentally purchased a 32" TV with UsB while not realizing it only played music and photos. Is there an external USB media device to HDMI. Been to computer amd accessory shops near me but nothing i need.

    Tnx in advance
    Last edited by Jesus Jones; 16-03-2015 at 05:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877
    I tried to get one for a friend a while back when I was down in BKK but couldn't find one anywhere ( that worked).......seem them on ebay though USB to HDMI Cable Converter | eBay

    I did find one but when we tried it out in the shop it didn't work !!!
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Bugger! I have a blueray dvd player with usb input which i never use. Wonder if that would do the trick?

  4. #4
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    Amazon (US) has a bunch. Go to Appliances. Type in USB to HDMI converter. Select All Departments.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    ^
    ^^
    i will check them out. But not sure they will convert the files. Need to be an external media device which converts usb to hdmi

  6. #6
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Different number of connections, no compatible
    HDMI 29 pins, USB up to 9, 2 of which are power.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Different number of connections, no compatible
    HDMI 29 pins, USB up to 9, 2 of which are power.
    Yes, I am aware. It needs to be an external media device which converts to hmdi.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I accidentally purchased a 32" TV with UsB while not realizing it only played music and photos.
    Surely if it accepts a USB then you can also play downloaded movies? Mine does.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I accidentally purchased a 32" TV with UsB while not realizing it only played music and photos.
    Surely if it accepts a USB then you can also play downloaded movies? Mine does.
    I download movies and TV program's onto a USB flash stick from my computer and play them all the time using the USB on the TV......I also have the HDMI linked up to watch live streams or formats that the TV wont play off the USB.

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I accidentally purchased a 32" TV with UsB while not realizing it only played music and photos.
    Surely if it accepts a USB then you can also play downloaded movies? Mine does.
    Yes, I habe 2 other TVs that do, but on the box and in the manual on this sharp says MP3 and Jpeg only.

    Never mind. I'll use a laptop of look in to the one HB suggested.
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

  12. #12
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,523
    can you purchase a television now without HDMI input ?

    just put a few diff movie formats on a USB stick and see which ones it will play

    have you googled the model number ?

  13. #13
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,919
    Don't know if its any help to you mate ,, but I got mine off Ebay cheap as chips + free delivery.

    Ok I got a short Mac Thunderbolt to HDMI convertor , however I notice whilst looking there are so many combo,s available

    Was about 4 with free delivery.

    I use mine to HDMI lead my free sports stream from my Mac into the lovely 48" LED screen ,,, bargain !
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

  14. #14
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Seriously folks, the Chromecast is the way to go.

    No more silly wires.

    Chrome and Firefox support it, and you can play your own content with things like VLC if you need to.

    And there are loads of Cast-enabled Android apps, e.g. you can stream Sky News on your phone straight to the TV with Youtube.

  15. #15
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Seriously folks, the Chromecast is the way to go.

    No more silly wires.

    Chrome and Firefox support it, and you can play your own content with things like VLC if you need to.

    And there are loads of Cast-enabled Android apps, e.g. you can stream Sky News on your phone straight to the TV with Youtube.


    Read the OP, his USB port does not accept video, only jpeg and music.
    So unless the chromecast can plug into the hdmi port it's not much use to him...

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Seriously folks, the Chromecast is the way to go.

    No more silly wires.

    Chrome and Firefox support it, and you can play your own content with things like VLC if you need to.

    And there are loads of Cast-enabled Android apps, e.g. you can stream Sky News on your phone straight to the TV with Youtube.


    Read the OP, his USB port does not accept video, only jpeg and music.
    So unless the chromecast can plug into the hdmi port it's not much use to him...
    It's funny, I thought if I posted a picture with the connection diagram, that even an idiot would be able to work it out.

    You know, the bit at the top that says "HDMI" and "USB Power" (or power adapter).


  17. #17
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Seriously folks, the Chromecast is the way to go.

    No more silly wires.

    Chrome and Firefox support it, and you can play your own content with things like VLC if you need to.

    And there are loads of Cast-enabled Android apps, e.g. you can stream Sky News on your phone straight to the TV with Youtube.


    Read the OP, his USB port does not accept video, only jpeg and music.
    So unless the chromecast can plug into the hdmi port it's not much use to him...
    It's funny, I thought if I posted a picture with the connection diagram, that even an idiot would be able to work it out.

    You know, the bit at the top that says "HDMI" and "USB Power" (or power adapter).



    What is that, a diagram for ants?

    Post a magnifying glass to next time

  18. #18
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Seriously you can't read HDMI there?

    Is this you?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •