Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699

    Question Bluetooth Not Working

    How can I tell if the problem is with my phone or my laptop? Since yesterday afternoon, my Bluetooth hasn't been working. I use it to send pics from my phone to my laptop. Every so often it would stop working, but it would come back after an hour or two. Now it's more than 24 hours. I've shut down and turned on my phone, and I've also turned the Bluetooth off then on again on my laptop. I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail
    Camel Toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    3,718
    You might try eliminating variables, that is bluetooth from phone to phone. If that works it's your puter. In that case reinstall. If you don't have the BT CD google it and install new drivers. And of course when you turn on BT do the search for other devices within range. Whatever doesn't come up doesn't exist. My phone's BT has always been more reliable than my puter's.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    30-07-2019 @ 08:45 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,257
    now that's a blast from the past... Bluetooth... people still use it then?

  4. #4
    I am in Jail
    Camel Toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    3,718
    What an odd name for something computer-related. I use USB cables myself. It's good for cell phone to cell phone though.

  5. #5
    Non expat
    WujouMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    15-04-2016 @ 11:56 PM
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    1,362
    Try this natalie8.

    Install Dropbox on your phone providing its an android or smartphone. And install drop box on your laptop/pc.

    Any files you have saved on your phone will automatically upload to the dropbox on your pc and well as the dropbox servers.

    https://www.dropbox.com/
    https://www.dropbox.com/mobile

  6. #6
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,926
    Are you and Android geek ^ Wujo ??

  7. #7
    Non expat
    WujouMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    15-04-2016 @ 11:56 PM
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    Are you and Android geek ^ Wujo ??
    i'm a 40 year old scaffolder not a 13 year old spotted acne faced dick. But i only know of smart phone apps cos i bloody own one.

    Yours no doubt is properly the size of a house brick. Get with the times man, and update with tech.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by adzt1
    now that's a blast from the past... Bluetooth... people still use it then?
    It is? what do you use?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by WujouMao
    Try this natalie8. Install Dropbox on your phone providing its an android or smartphone. And install drop box on your laptop/pc. Any files you have saved on your phone will automatically upload to the dropbox on your pc and well as the dropbox servers. https://www.dropbox.com/ https://www.dropbox.com/mobile
    I have Dropbox on my laptop, but my phone is the model of Samsung that is pre-Galaxy. The phone came with a CD and a cable to transfer pictures, but that no longer works.

    It looks like my best option is CT's:

    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toe
    If you don't have the BT CD google it and install new drivers.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    adzt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    30-07-2019 @ 08:45 PM
    Location
    watching&learning
    Posts
    1,257
    ^^ WiFi .
    say from my phone to comp via the router or wifi dongle if the comp doesn't have it built in.
    As Wujaomao says use Dropbox or any other like Kies Air etc , but you will need to update your dated phone just a little.

    I myself must admit to using a USB cable though ,but have always used wifi when connecting two devices that I've no cables for...

    nowadays when file sharing I say is your wifi on rather than is your Bluetooth on ,
    will not put up wiv the "Nanny state" so don't push it on me.

  11. #11
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    28,893
    Install Samsung Kies on your PC.


    That should find your phone via usb cable.

    There's also a Kies Air to do it through your Wifi signal

    Both are on this link
    Kies Samsung


    It will also tell you if there is a software update for your old blower

  12. #12
    I am in Jail
    Camel Toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WujouMao
    Try this natalie8. Install Dropbox on your phone providing its an android or smartphone. And install drop box on your laptop/pc. Any files you have saved on your phone will automatically upload to the dropbox on your pc and well as the dropbox servers. https://www.dropbox.com/ https://www.dropbox.com/mobile
    I have Dropbox on my laptop, but my phone is the model of Samsung that is pre-Galaxy. The phone came with a CD and a cable to transfer pictures, but that no longer works.

    It looks like my best option is CT's:

    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toe
    If you don't have the BT CD google it and install new drivers.
    http://www.samsungusbcable.com/

    You plug one end into your phone and the other into the puter. As soon as that's done your puter will sense the presence of an external hard drive (your phone does have a hard drive small as it is). You open the file where your photos are kept on the phone and transfer them to your computer.

  13. #13
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    Install Slimdrivers. The free version only lets you update them one at a time, but hey, it's free.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toe
    In that case reinstall.
    I tried this last night but I got a message saying Not Recognized, so I couldn't download the drivers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger
    Install Samsung Kies on your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Install Slimdrivers.
    I'll take a look at both of these. Greenage if I can.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toe
    You plug one end into your phone and the other into the puter. As soon as that's done your puter will sense the presence of an external hard drive (your phone does have a hard drive small as it is). You open the file where your photos are kept on the phone and transfer them to your computer.
    Sorry, I missed this post. I tried this too, last night, but for some strange reason, I can't see any files. It shows my phone, then folders such as Pictures, Videos, etc, but when I click on them, they show as blank.

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    What phone is it?

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Install Slimdriver
    I downloads a photo of Esteban Gutierrez ( he's the Slimmest Driver I could find ) and he is now my Desktop wallpaper but my Blue-tooth is still not working,any more tips harry


  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    What phone is it?
    It's called a GT-S5233W. It could be called a pre-smart phone. The camera on it is really good, and it comes with apps such as FB, Photobucket, YouTube and a few others. The size of it is too small to let you use the internet easily.



    I tried using the cable, but my laptop can't see the files on my phone. I installed Kies and it's the same thing, so I think the problem is with my phone.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    Esteban Gutierrez ( he's the Slimmest Driver I could find )
    What's in the bottle? It looks like piss.

  20. #20
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Install Slimdriver
    I downloads a photo of Esteban Gutierrez ( he's the Slimmest Driver I could find ) and he is now my Desktop wallpaper but my Blue-tooth is still not working,any more tips harry

    Yes, stop nicking pictures from Butterfly's bedroom ceiling collection.

  21. #21
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    What phone is it?
    It's called a GT-S5233W. It could be called a pre-smart phone. The camera on it is really good, and it comes with apps such as FB, Photobucket, YouTube and a few others. The size of it is too small to let you use the internet easily.



    I tried using the cable, but my laptop can't see the files on my phone. I installed Kies and it's the same thing, so I think the problem is with my phone.
    Wow the Samsung Star. No custom roms for that then!

    Did you try https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php and see if there is an update for Bluetooth on your PC?

  22. #22
    Member
    brisie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    Location
    mekong ice glaciers
    Posts
    864
    Why can't you just plug in the micro sd card to the puter and select copy. If you can't find the pics sometimes they are in DCIM or 100 android folder

  23. #23
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    28,893
    This may help, you will need that memory card in your phone


    Solution

    For this solution, you will need a memory card in your mobile phone.


    1. In your mobile, go to Menu > Settings > Phone settings
    2. Scroll down to PC Connections
    3.Select "Mass storage"


    Next time you connect your mobile to the PC via USB cable, open Samsung Studio. Samsung Studio will automatically detect your memory card and then you can start transferring files.

    Another method is to go to My Computer when you connect the mobile via USB. Click on Removable Disk. Then it's just a matter of dragging and dropping files.

    Note: When connecting your mobile, make sure it is in Idle Mode (on the main screen).

    You can also try downloading new PC studio from the Samsung site here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/...
    Problem connecting Samsung Star to PC

  24. #24
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    Why can't you just plug in the micro sd card to the puter and select copy. If you can't find the pics sometimes they are in DCIM or 100 android folder
    Because it's a pain in the arse having to do that every time?

  25. #25
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Posts
    61,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    This may help, you will need that memory card in your phone


    Solution

    For this solution, you will need a memory card in your mobile phone.


    1. In your mobile, go to Menu > Settings > Phone settings
    2. Scroll down to PC Connections
    3.Select "Mass storage"


    Next time you connect your mobile to the PC via USB cable, open Samsung Studio. Samsung Studio will automatically detect your memory card and then you can start transferring files.

    Another method is to go to My Computer when you connect the mobile via USB. Click on Removable Disk. Then it's just a matter of dragging and dropping files.

    Note: When connecting your mobile, make sure it is in Idle Mode (on the main screen).

    You can also try downloading new PC studio from the Samsung site here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/...
    Problem connecting Samsung Star to PC
    Samsung Studio, I'd forgotten about that. This really is a museum piece.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •