Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742

    Easy Football Food - Sausage, Potato and Onion Bake with cheese

    Just made this because I wanted something to munch on during the footy.

    Piss easy to make and delicious!

    I used pork sausage meat and Mozarella but I'm sure you could use your own favourites.

    Seasoned with nothing more than salt and pepper and a side dish of baked beans.

    This is blokes food!

    Ingredients
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

    Directions
    Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.

    Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.

    Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.

    Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 04-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Mid
    Mid is offline
    Thailand Expat
    Mid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,413
    OK Harry we know you are talented BUT multi tasking in the kitchen as well is just too much for us mere mortals ...............

  3. #3
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    OK Harry we know you are talented BUT multi tasking in the kitchen as well is just too much for us mere mortals ...............
    Mid, even an idiot could make this. One just did.


  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Drizzle with butter.
    Melt a block first?

  5. #5
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,858
    ^
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Ingredients
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup butter, melted

  6. #6
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,009
    Looks good harry. Hope you're really hungry.
    3 lbs potato, 1 lb sausage and 2 cups cheese.
    Major heartburn predicted.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    ^
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Ingredients
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    Spank me.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Great to eat (meat free version though) whilst watching Liverpool do that pile of shite Everton tomorrow 3-1.

  9. #9
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,343
    Are you American HB?
    Every American recipe I look at has loads of butter.
    I generally try to avoid it, but in fact the way I cook that's like going into McDonalds and ordering cheeseburgers, big mac, large fries and a diet coke.

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    I used about half the ingredients, and ate a third of it.

    The rest is in the fridge for tomorrow night.

    I didn't use half a cup of butter, couldn't see the point considering theres already fat in the sausage and on the onions.

    And I cooked the onions after the sausage, like to keep them a little bit al dente.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    And I cooked the onions after the sausage, like to keep them a little bit al dente.
    I find it's always better to brown the onions first.

    Each to their own I spose, I'm the best though.

  12. #12
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,858
    I wonder if QPR will be as easy as the food

  13. #13
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,858
    That heartburn will be working it's way up now

    1712:
    GOAL - Tottenham 1-0 Southampton - Gareth Bale


  14. #14
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    That heartburn will be working it's way up now

    1712:
    GOAL - Tottenham 1-0 Southampton - Gareth Bale

    Nah... QPR 0-1 The Arsenal.

    Squeaky bum time on Wednesday, I can just sit and laugh.


  15. #15
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    And I cooked the onions after the sausage, like to keep them a little bit al dente.
    I find it's always better to brown the onions first.

    Each to their own I spose, I'm the best though.
    How can you cook the onions in the sausage fat if you haven't cooked the sausage first?


  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    I always brown onions in a pan at the start, with a tiny amount of Popeye's bird.

  17. #17
    R.I.P

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2014 @ 05:21 PM
    Location
    nong khai
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    OK Harry we know you are talented BUT multi tasking in the kitchen as well is just too much for us mere mortals ...............
    Mid, even an idiot could make this. One just did.

    Where did you buy the bulk pork sausage?

  18. #18
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Posts
    59,742
    From a local supermarket in the Middle East.

    Broad Oak Farm Pork Sausagemeat

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    06-10-2017 @ 06:59 PM
    Posts
    113
    Pity there we isn't a foto

  20. #20
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,343
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Just made this because I wanted something to munch on during the footy.

    Piss easy to make and delicious!

    I used pork sausage meat and Mozarella but I'm sure you could use your own favourites.

    Seasoned with nothing more than salt and pepper and a side dish of baked beans.

    This is blokes food!

    Ingredients
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

    Directions
    Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.

    Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.

    Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.

    Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
    Whats 'sausage'.
    Do they mean mince meat?
    It's not sausage untill it's been squeezed into casing and twisted off.
    before that it's sausage mix maybe, not sure, but like i say, it's not 'sausage' untill it is a sausage.

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    14-02-2014 @ 10:35 AM
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Just made this because I wanted something to munch on during the footy.

    Piss easy to make and delicious!

    I used pork sausage meat and Mozarella but I'm sure you could use your own favourites.

    Seasoned with nothing more than salt and pepper and a side dish of baked beans.

    This is blokes food!

    Ingredients
    3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 pound bulk pork sausage
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

    Directions
    Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.

    Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.

    Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.

    Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 304 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
    Sounds FANTASTIC!

    I have a recipe similar to that. Pretty much the same-same but different.

    Use Polska Kielbasa for the meat.

    Drain the boiled potatoes, add sliced sausage, & mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup along with a can of milk or creme or whatever.

    Mix well & bake at around 350F for 20 minutes in a shallow baking dish so it browns on top just a bit.

    SERIOUS groceries.

    Thanks for your method Mate!

  22. #22
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 02:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,577
    Nice with some sliced boiled egg in there too

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •