Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Posts
    6,045

    Best Way to Separate Egg Yolk and Egg White

    Think this is a good idea no more broken yolks.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,272
    That's handy. Thanks, kt.

  3. #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    I'm assuming you're refering to the raw product, yes?

    Crack said egg into cupped hand - allow the white to filter through your fingers, manipulating thusly, while the yolk remains.

    I'm not surprised that most couldn't perform this simple task without the aid of some sort of gadgetry....

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    r1 pet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    29-07-2019 @ 08:43 PM
    Location
    si bun rueang
    Posts
    1,226
    now why didnt i think of that?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,272
    ^^ Wouldn't need it for a couple of eggs but if making a cake that required many separated eggs, that would be faster and not as messy.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    I'm assuming you're refering to the raw product, yes?

    Crack said egg into cupped hand - allow the white to filter through your fingers, manipulating thusly, while the yolk remains.

    I'm not surprised that most couldn't perform this simple task without the aid of some sort of gadgetry....
    Yes its easy to separate yolk from white when the eggs boiled.
    Tried using the hand method before messy and the white takes a while to filter through.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    In the virtual world, one won't need to know to create simple self-reliancy.

    Just google "egg-separation' on your Ifuckingtool - c&p accordingly to your physical realm.

  8. #8
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

    Crack the shell into 2 rough halves, tip the yolk from one to the other a few times. Job done.

    Is that so fucking hard? I have *never* broken a yolk, ever.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    I have *never* broken a yolk, ever.
    Never, ever, did you break the yolk on either of the two eggs you have separated.

    It isn't really that easy, guys.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    In the virtual world, one won't need to know to create simple self-reliancy.

    Just google "egg-separation' on your Ifuckingtool - c&p accordingly to your physical realm.
    keep taking the Temazepam life is less stressful when your asleep.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-08-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,718
    Talking about Eggs - News you can use!

    And now you know…


  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Posts
    16,932
    When my mom died I got her egg separator. Crack it in, tip out the white, and the yolk is waiting for you.


  13. #13
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

    Crack the shell into 2 rough halves, tip the yolk from one to the other a few times. Job done.

    Is that so fucking hard? I have *never* broken a yolk, ever.
    That's how I learned to do when I was tied to my mother's apron strings and it has stood me in good stead over the years. You are correct Gerbil.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

    Crack the shell into 2 rough halves, tip the yolk from one to the other a few times. Job done.

    Is that so fucking hard? I have *never* broken a yolk, ever.
    That's how I learned to do when I was tied to my mother's apron strings and it has stood me in good stead over the years. You are correct Gerbil.
    That's my way, too. Simples. And cheaper than some gadget. BTW, OP, I saw some chefs trying the bottle way on a cooking programme this week. They broke the yolk...

  16. #16
    Band
    oldgit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    06-11-2015 @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    Worthing/Doi Saket
    Posts
    1,170
    watched ainsley harriott pick up a yolk with his fingers as a woman had cracked an egg into a bowl mistakenly

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    21-07-2016 @ 04:28 AM
    Posts
    2,260
    What the fcuk are you doing in the kitchen ? , thats her job.
    I do like to advise when she gets it wrong though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •