Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    SE Asia somewhere
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:26 PM
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    9,325
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat
    Can I mention my piles in this thread as well?

    Does it have any thing to do with snakes. shudder
    no. i just thought this was turning into the invalid thread

  2. #27
    anonymous ant tsicar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    isaan/south africa
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat View Post
    Can I mention my piles in this thread as well?
    only if they have turned blue.

    can you post a pic for a more accurate diagnosis?

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by slimboyfat
    no. i just thought this was turning into the invalid thread
    Go for your life.

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    07-02-2011 @ 03:00 PM
    Location
    denmark pattaya and buri ram
    Posts
    1,288
    nice pics

  5. #30
    anonymous ant tsicar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    isaan/south africa
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by smeden View Post
    nice pics
    just wait for the one of his blue piles!

    i can just see at least two members here.............
    ..........aagh forget it!
    this is a good thread and shouldn't be relegated to mkp.


    snakes are one of the most misunderstood creatures on this earth; one of the most beneficial to mankind too, especially in the very communities that they are indiscriminately exterminated.
    i guess that the only reason the thai rice farmers survive is that:

    in spite of the fact that the rural thais who produce the rice crop, destroy (kill and/or eat) the birds and snakes that normally keep the rodent and insect populatrion in check, which would be highly detrimental to them under "normal" conditions:


    ..they themselves are the greatest predators of the vermin that would normally destroy the crops, so i guess that snakes and birds have no real role to play in thailand anyway!
    brrrzzzzt, brrrzzzt!
    beep!. ting, ting
    redirecting, please be patient..........:

    hello, insect!
    brrrzzzt, brrrzzzt..................

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by tsicar
    snakes are one of the most misunderstood creatures on this earth; one of the most beneficial to mankind too, especially in the very communities that they are indiscriminately exterminated. i guess that the only reason the thai rice farmers survive is that: in spite of the fact that the rural thais who produce the rice crop, destroy (kill and/or eat) the birds and snakes that normally keep the rodent and insect populatrion in check, which would be highly detrimental to them under "normal" conditions: ..they themselves are the greatest predators of the vermin that would normally destroy the crops, so i guess that snakes and birds have no real role to play in thailand anyway!

    Are you very very drunk?

    Or just a bit?

    As in enough?

    As in totally pissed?

    Good man.

  7. #32
    anonymous ant tsicar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    isaan/south africa
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsicar
    snakes are one of the most misunderstood creatures on this earth; one of the most beneficial to mankind too, especially in the very communities that they are indiscriminately exterminated. i guess that the only reason the thai rice farmers survive is that: in spite of the fact that the rural thais who produce the rice crop, destroy (kill and/or eat) the birds and snakes that normally keep the rodent and insect populatrion in check, which would be highly detrimental to them under "normal" conditions: ..they themselves are the greatest predators of the vermin that would normally destroy the crops, so i guess that snakes and birds have no real role to play in thailand anyway!

    Are you very very drunk?

    Or just a bit?

    As in enough?

    As in totally pissed?

    Good man.

    about half pissed by now.

    SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!

    going out for a drink or two with my mates now, so i shouldn't embarrass myself too much here any more tonight!
    i'll check back in the mornong to see what damage control i need to do.
    g'night!


    still like snakes, tho!....

  8. #33
    Member BosseO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    22-08-2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Location
    Ban Chang, Rayong
    Posts
    297
    tsicar, pissed or not, you don't have to worry about 'our' snakes. The only thing that we shoot them with has the label 'Nikon' on it.

    The dogs never hurt a snake, just chasing them away and last night was the first time a snake decided to resist them telling it off.

    The Golden Tree Snakes have a habit to sometimes visit us in the house but even then we carefully catch them and put them where they belong.





    Serious cooking can't be left to women.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat
    good2bhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    16-04-2017 @ 04:52 PM
    Location
    Klong Samwa
    Posts
    15,309
    golden tree snake
    agresive and mildly venomous
    Had one in the garden the other week

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,600
    every snake here is 'poison kill you one hour', or simply 'cobra', therefore dead on sight.

    I've been claring an area about 1500sqm, slash and burn and flushed a few out into the danger zone, where they have become lunch or dinner for the farmhands.

    This one was 182cm


  11. #36
    Member BillyBobThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    31-05-2015 @ 05:35 AM
    Posts
    492
    If I had caught that Golden Tree Snake in my home, I would have, after taking my heart medication, taken it to my neighbor to BBQ. Hate snakes worse than Liberals.

  12. #37
    Member pescator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 02:57 PM
    Location
    Scandia
    Posts
    521
    [at] BosseO.
    Nice pictures.
    The golden tree snake must be quite common, I`ve seen them on many occasions.
    Agressive? Not in the least IME anyway.
    The ones I have encountered have seemed quite indifferent to human intrusion.

    Beautiful snake.

    The 3 below are just the ones I have captured a picture of.
    Spotted at Koh Kood, Koh Ngai and Koh Chang, resp.








    Last edited by pescator; 08-06-2010 at 12:22 AM.

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat El Gibbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    01-07-2017 @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    Udon Thani
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by good2bhappy View Post
    golden tree snake
    agresive and mildly venomous
    Had one in the garden the other week
    Really not a danger to humans.

    "f they feel threatened and cannot flee, they bite straight away. The species Chrysopelea belongs to the family of rearfanged snakes. However, the poison is so mild that it does not have much of an effect on humans. "

    As their fangs are very much in the rear of their mouth it is difficult for them to even bite you.


    If bitten the danger is more from the filthy mouth rather than any toxin.

    Great to have around your house, eats jing jocks, lizards etc.

    E. G.
    "If you can't stand the answer --
    Don't ask the question!"

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,763

  15. #40
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,787
    ^ A Burmese python.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,763
    ^ It's the pool guy's dinner now

    I gave him the pet rabbit too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •