Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,217

    Thailand Island. Can someone jog my memory

    I remember reading a thread on here about a small island south of the main Krabi tourist area, north of Malaysia. But even though surfing nothing seems to gel.

    My son wants to go somewhere small and relaxing away from the madding crowd.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Koh Phi Phi

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Langkawi maybe ?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Phuketrichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    1,277
    FORGET phi phi.

    Langkawi is in Malaysia

    Ko Lanta is south of Krabi,( 1 hour drive and 2 small ferries) just was down there last week, Nice places on the beach nice little town, great seafood an din the high season there are dive trips out of there,
    Bungalows on the beach but prices are getting high

    Terutao park area has a few very laid back islands but that's off of Trang, You can access them by ferry from Ban Pak Bara harbor about an hour north of Satun.


    Krabi to Malaysia is over 250 kms
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity, but they've always worked for me" HST

    View my pics

  5. #5
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Thankyou for the geography lesson but I already knew that.
    The poster inquired and stated north of Malaysia.........?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Posts
    16,943
    From Ranong you can go to koh Payam. Lovely little island with a very old fashioned feel.KOH PHAYAM ISLAND, RANONG, THAILAND

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    Or if he wants really chilled try koh Chang which is near to Koh Payam. No roads and no pier. The ferry gets you close to your resort and then you have to wade in the last bit. A bungalow on the beach and not much else. heaven and where I go to recharge the batteries.
    Treat everyone as a complete and utter idiot and you can only ever be pleasantly surprised !

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Posts
    16,943
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella
    Or if he wants really chilled try koh Chang which is near to Koh Payam
    So there are two Koh Changs here? I really did not know that.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Phuketrichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Thankyou for the geography lesson but I already knew that.
    The poster inquired and stated north of Malaysia.........?

    Beg to differ ur geography sucks
    Langkawi IS IN MALAYSIA not north

  10. #10
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    CORRECTION...Langkawi is an island off the coast of Malaysia...Mr Pedantic .
    Suck on that

  11. #11
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Thankyou for the geography lesson but I already knew that.
    The poster inquired and stated north of Malaysia.........?

    Beg to differ ur geography sucks
    Langkawi IS IN MALAYSIA not north
    Langawi is a part of an archipelago of 104 islands in the
    Andaman sea, 30 km off the mainland coast of NORTHWESTERN MALAYSIA

  12. #12
    Member
    mackayae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    03-08-2019 @ 05:56 PM
    Location
    Udon
    Posts
    378
    Koh Lipe, Koh Muk, Koh Kradan are between Krabi and Malasia.

  13. #13
    Member
    pescator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 09:48 PM
    Location
    Scandia
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    I remember reading a thread on here about a small island south of the main Krabi tourist area, north of Malaysia. But even though surfing nothing seems to gel.

    My son wants to go somewhere small and relaxing away from the madding crowd.
    There are plenty in the Trang and Satun archipelago.

    Koh Mook, Ngai also spelled Hai, Kradan, Libong, Lao Liang, Bubu, Adang, Rawi, Tarutao.
    They will all fit the bill, although Tarutao is not exactly small, but still surprisingly uncrowded.

    Forget about Koh Lipe, there is hardly a place left on this tiny island without a bungalow resort.

    As other posters have mentioned, Koh Chang and Koh Payam in Ranong - albeit they are way further north in Ranong - are very laidback too. And they still mostly charge "backpacker" prices. Hard to find these days.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,217
    Cheers,

    I have passed this on. I doubt he'll join TD though?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Phuketrichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Thankyou for the geography lesson but I already knew that.
    The poster inquired and stated north of Malaysia.........?

    Beg to differ ur geography sucks
    Langkawi IS IN MALAYSIA not north
    Langawi is a part of an archipelago of 104 islands in the
    Andaman sea, 30 km off the mainland coast of NORTHWESTERN MALAYSIA
    .....main Krabi tourist area, north of Malaysia.....
    So he wants somewhere NORTH of Malaysia which to me means NOT in Malaysia, perhaps it means something different to you.

    Langkawi is IN MALAYSIA PLUS u need to LEAVE Thailand to go to there ( clear immigration and than re enter Thailand)

    Suck on that u twat

  16. #16
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-03-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,030
    Koh muk, I did a thread with pics, was good, got a nice cave to swim into on to a hidden beach

  17. #17
    ...................
    sunsetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    27-03-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    underneath the sun
    Posts
    7,030

  18. #18
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejambos View Post
    Thankyou for the geography lesson but I already knew that.
    The poster inquired and stated north of Malaysia.........?

    Beg to differ ur geography sucks
    Langkawi IS IN MALAYSIA not north
    Langawi is a part of an archipelago of 104 islands in the
    Andaman sea, 30 km off the mainland coast of NORTHWESTERN MALAYSIA
    .....main Krabi tourist area, north of Malaysia.....
    So he wants somewhere NORTH of Malaysia which to me means NOT in Malaysia, perhaps it means something different to you.

    Langkawi is IN MALAYSIA PLUS u need to LEAVE Thailand to go to there ( clear immigration and than re enter Thailand)

    Suck on that u twat
    YOU REALLY DO HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING AND WRITNG THE ENGLISH WORD DONT YOU.. READ YOUR POSTS TWAT.

  19. #19
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Hawaii is IN the U.S.A. Geographically and physically impossible.
    Lankawi is in Malaysia...... ditto.
    If you hadn't been so pedantic I wouldn't of bothered replying to your posts.
    Perks of setting yourself up as a know-it-all.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Posts
    26,069
    I would suggest to just get the fok out of Thailand , enter Malaysia and go to a cracking little island called " Pangkor ".

    Bloody lovely with pristine beaches, reasonable accommodation and friendly people.

    Not sure whether I have a picture thread going on that Island. If not I should do one.

    Oh yes, easy to get to as well, of course avoid public holidays.
    Stroller is a Yerman faggot.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,217
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    I remember reading a thread on here about a small island south of the main Krabi tourist area, north of Malaysia. But even though surfing nothing seems to gel.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetter View Post
    Koh muk, I did a thread with pics, was good, got a nice cave to swim into on to a hidden beach
    That's the one!

  22. #22
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    Flew to Langkawi island from Pennang way back in the nineties.
    Lovely little place and beautiful beaches with clear-blue sea.
    I think all Malaysian islands have the prefix Pangkor but not sure?

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Posts
    16,943
    No Pankor is its own island.

  24. #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:31 AM
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,951
    If it's near a place called Lamut then I have also been there.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    crocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    19-05-2019 @ 03:26 PM
    Location
    6ft from the telly
    Posts
    2,162
    Koh Lipe.A ferry ride from either Phuket or Langkawi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •