Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    06-10-2017 @ 06:59 PM
    Posts
    113

    Taxis at the airport

    Getting a public taxi at the airport made the blood boil

    Reading the signs about paying tolls and the metered fair i thought ok no problem no scams only to be told by the ignorant bitch that there weren't any meter taxis available and the fair would be today700bath to nana

    After protesting and getting the wife to translate my annoyance did i get what i wanted only to be taken out of the queue to a taxi by the driver who then told me we couldn't get in because we had 2 bags and 4 people car too small

    Good job it wasn't busy

    I ended up paying the 700bht to another taxi if it was busy I would have told the pitch what i thought

    Thailand land of scams

    You would think after the murder the other week the taxis would be sorting their shirt out

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    23-10-2014 @ 05:31 PM
    Posts
    1,201
    I have never had a single problem getting a taxi flying into Thailand. You simply come out of arrivals and go up one floor to departures. Walk out onto the road and get a taxi that is dropping a person off at the airport. They are all quite happy to go by the meter as they don't have to wait around in a queue trying to get a return customer or return to BKK empty.
    Treat everyone as a complete and utter idiot and you can only ever be pleasantly surprised !

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    ^
    Bloody hell man - don't tell everyone

  4. #4
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Primo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    22-09-2013 @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    760
    Catch the airport express train.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    You were the one who left the queue for a legitimate taxi

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    victim mentality, the whole holiday is going to be a disaster

    Bloody hell man - don't tell everyone
    This......

  7. #7
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Fella
    I have never had a single problem getting a taxi flying into Thailand. You simply come out of arrivals and go up one floor to departures. Walk out onto the road and get a taxi that is dropping a person off at the airport. They are all quite happy to go by the meter as they don't have to wait around in a queue trying to get a return customer or return to BKK empty.
    Wot he said.
    That tactic works to avoid Taxi Mafia in loads of airports, not just Thailand

  8. #8
    Twitter #BKKTS
    Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    20-07-2014 @ 10:05 PM
    Posts
    9,219
    It's not (really) a scam. If you have 4 people and luggage you'll probably need one of the bigger taxis and that's a flat rate of 600-800 THB. It's better than paying 950 to AOT limousine for an Isuzu SUV. Often they are overbooked anyway so you're back to the taxi ranks anyway.
    My mind is not for rent to any God or Government, There's no hope for your discontent - the changes are permanent!

  9. #9
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    Here's another couple of tips for Swampy.

    1-Avoid the long queue in Immigration by walking to the priority lane on the right and blagging them that you flew business class. When asked for your boarding card, tell them you left it on the plane on your Newsweek magazine.
    The trick with this one is dressing smartly or you will fail miserably like I did 2 weeks ago.

    2- However there are 2 immigrations in Swampy, so just ignore all those queing that youve just made a right twat of yourself in front of and walk to the other one.

    When I got to the next one the other week I didnt see the priority lane on the right, but there were 2 lanes for disabled, over 70's and children.

    What you need to do here is Wai, say Sawdee krap and bullshit them that you went the toilet and your disabled wife and kids have already gone through and hope they don't ask you for their names.


  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    07-01-2017 @ 09:16 AM
    Posts
    318
    Same as BigFella says. Never had a problem and more than 30 times.

  11. #11
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Primo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    22-09-2013 @ 02:53 AM
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Here's another couple of tips for Swampy.

    1-Avoid the long queue in Immigration by walking to the priority lane on the right and blagging them that you flew business class. When asked for your boarding card, tell them you left it on the plane on your Newsweek magazine.
    The trick with this one is dressing smartly or you will fail miserably like I did 2 weeks ago.

    2- However there are 2 immigrations in Swampy, so just ignore all those queing that youve just made a right twat of yourself in front of and walk to the other one.

    When I got to the next one the other week I didnt see the priority lane on the right, but there were 2 lanes for disabled, over 70's and children.

    What you need to do here is Wai, say Sawdee krap and bullshit them that you went the toilet and your disabled wife and kids have already gone through and hope they don't ask you for their names.


    Gordon Bennett and there was me just queuing like a regular twat.

  12. #12
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
    If you have 4 people and luggage you'll probably need one of the bigger taxis and that's a flat rate of 600-800 THB
    Why not get 2 taxis for 200 baht each ?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    The other day when I came in I went for the priority Lane and just marched in like I owned the place (after some gental persuasion my the guy I was with).

    They were sitting there doing nothing so they didn't care.

    Through in seconds.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Posts
    26,069
    Transport out of Bangkok's either Airport is easy and cheap as piss compared to many countries.

    The OP is having a big cry complaining that he got hit up for 700 baht but where I come from a trip of that distance would easily top 3 K.

    Cheap Charlie I reckon and will be up for a wow of a time in Thailand.

    His poor wife is more than likely still getting over the loss of face his shameless tightness has bought her.

    A Thai-Visa mod me reckons.
    Stroller is a Yerman faggot.

  15. #15
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    Transport out of Bangkok's either Airport is easy and cheap as piss compared to many countries.
    Thats still no reason to pay 3 times the normal fare to Nana.
    Where do you draw the line at comparisons to other countries ?
    Would you pay 500 baht for somtam, 2000 baht for a massage or 5000 baht for a ho because it was cheaper than Rip Off Oz ?

  16. #16
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    Quote Originally Posted by benny628
    You would think after the murder the other week the taxis would be sorting their shirt out
    Thais wont think like that. they will put the price up knowing that you've heard the tale of the poor sliced up American.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they went out and bought some car stickers


  17. #17
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Posts
    26,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

    Thats still no reason to pay 3 times the normal fare to Nana.
    Where do you draw the line at comparisons to other countries ?
    Would you pay 500 baht for somtam, 2000 baht for a massage or 5000 baht for a ho because it was cheaper than Rip Off Oz ?


    Yes I agree with you Entirely, just giving the OP a bit of stick as he sounds a tad nasty.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Posts
    26,069
    [quote=Dillinger;2508128]

    That's still no reason to pay 3 times the normal fare to Nana.


    When you break it down the guy only got done over for a few Baht because by the time he payed the official taxi fare which is around 450 + tolls it ain't that far away from 700 baht.

    If he really wanted to save a few baht he could of taken the Airport Train then the MRT into Nana.

    Anyway Nana is a shit hole full off mongering scum so he can foking have it.

  19. #19
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    ^ There's some nice temples on soi Nana

    Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    If he really wanted to save a few baht he could of taken the Airport Train then the MRT into Nana.
    He wouldnt have saved any money that way Tezza. there were 4 of them at 120 baht each, plus their fares on the BTS from Phaya Thai to Nana

  20. #20
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Elephant Island
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    When you break it down the guy only got done over for a few Baht because by the time he payed the official taxi fare which is around 450
    I was there almost a year ago at about midnight, caught a taxi from departures with the meter to Nana. No express ways and it was the fastest trip I've ever had to there. 180 baht.

  21. #21
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    My bad, they would have saved 60 baht

  22. #22
    I am in Jail
    leemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    pty
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Here's another couple of tips for Swampy.
    ...

    What you need to do here is Wai, say Sawdee krap and bullshit them that you went the toilet and your disabled wife and kids have already gone through and hope they don't ask you for their names.

    Wouldn't their names be similar to yours?


  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Here's another couple of tips for Swampy.

    1-Avoid the long queue in Immigration by walking to the priority lane on the right and blagging them that you flew business class. When asked for your boarding card, tell them you left it on the plane on your Newsweek magazine.
    The trick with this one is dressing smartly or you will fail miserably like I did 2 weeks ago.

    2- However there are 2 immigrations in Swampy, so just ignore all those queing that youve just made a right twat of yourself in front of and walk to the other one.

    When I got to the next one the other week I didnt see the priority lane on the right, but there were 2 lanes for disabled, over 70's and children.

    What you need to do here is Wai, say Sawdee krap and bullshit them that you went the toilet and your disabled wife and kids have already gone through and hope they don't ask you for their names.

    Q jumpers really annoy me.

    Oh yeah and liars too.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Posts
    26,069
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post

    I was there almost a year ago at about midnight, caught a taxi from departures with the meter to Nana. No express ways and it was the fastest trip I've ever had to there. 180 baht.
    Last time I went though I caught the Airport bus into Banglamphu, That was a hundred Baht.

    You sure about that price Pickel ?

    Anyway who gives a fuk, the dude has a bad attitude and needs to lighten the fuk up a tad.

  25. #25
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,867
    ^^ Its not queue jumping really. those stalls are normally empty, with some Somchai picking his crust.
    Think of it not like queue jumping and lieing, more of ingenuity and enterprise




    Quote Originally Posted by leemo
    Wouldn't their names be similar to yours?
    When I did that, the woman at immigration obviously didnt believe me because she started chatting to her friend in the next stall and I didnt understand all she was saying, but I did hear her mention in there what I had said " sawadee krap " start laughing then turn back around and stamp my passport.

    If you're not fast, you're last

    f you snooze, you lose

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •