Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    2,124

    Something for those who like their food

    Riches from the HILLS

    Riches from the HILLS

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Interesting.
    Wondering if these royal underwritten projects are part and parcel related to the country-wide [provincial] OTOP programs.

    Stimulating article, Birding.


  3. #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Interesting.
    Wondering if these royal underwritten projects are part and parcel related to the country-wide [provincial] OTOP programs.

    Stimulating article, Birding.

    No nothing to do with OTOP that was a Thaksin project, one of the good things he did.

    This is the many royal initiated projects getting together every year to showcase their products.

    I have seen many of these projects on my travels some in very remote places.

    While the Govt of the day was pulling up poppies and shooting drug types these projects were being put in place by the royal family to give farmers a profitable alternative to opium.

    They pulled a lot of hill tribes out of poverty and are still working on innovations and introducing new crops.

  4. #4
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    29-08-2017 @ 09:49 PM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,354
    Are there people who don't like their food ?

  5. #5
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-11-2017 @ 08:10 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    2,715
    It's all part of the self-sufficiency programme.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,041
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Interesting.
    Wondering if these royal underwritten projects are part and parcel related to the country-wide [provincial] OTOP programs.

    Stimulating article, Birding.

    No nothing to do with OTOP that was a Thaksin project, one of the good things he did.

    This is the many royal initiated projects getting together every year to showcase their products.

    I have seen many of these projects on my travels some in very remote places.

    While the Govt of the day was pulling up poppies and shooting drug types these projects were being put in place by the royal family to give farmers a profitable alternative to opium.

    They pulled a lot of hill tribes out of poverty and are still working on innovations and introducing new crops.
    You do seem to have a peculiar [and false] take on recent Thai history - with all due respect.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by birding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Interesting.
    Wondering if these royal underwritten projects are part and parcel related to the country-wide [provincial] OTOP programs.

    Stimulating article, Birding.

    No nothing to do with OTOP that was a Thaksin project, one of the good things he did.

    This is the many royal initiated projects getting together every year to showcase their products.

    I have seen many of these projects on my travels some in very remote places.

    While the Govt of the day was pulling up poppies and shooting drug types these projects were being put in place by the royal family to give farmers a profitable alternative to opium.

    They pulled a lot of hill tribes out of poverty and are still working on innovations and introducing new crops.
    You do seem to have a peculiar [and false] take on recent Thai history - with all due respect.

    Would you like to show me where I am wrong.



    Always interested in agriculture and horticulture, His Majesty the King successfully eradicated opium poppy cultivation and replaced it with cash crops that continue to generate a sustainable income for hill tribe growers
    Northern Highlands transformed


    https://www.pressreader.com/thailand...81870115857431


    KING BHUMIBOL'S PROJECTS, POLICIES, IDEAS AND AWARDS | Facts and Details

    I am sure you have heard of Thaksins 'war on drugs' Before that the previous Govt's were indeed using the military to pull out poppies and kill or imprison the growers.... When they could find them.

    This approach left many without an income, royal projects turned this around and gave the poor hill tribes a legal source of income.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •