Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Koh Samet

  1. #1
    Loz
    Loz is offline
    Member Loz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    05-06-2009 @ 03:40 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    56

    Koh Samet










  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    26-02-2010 @ 10:07 PM
    Location
    XinTianDi
    Posts
    3,099
    Great pics Loz, how about some dialogue to go with them for those who are not familiar with the place.

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    Smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    26-03-2017 @ 05:43 PM
    Location
    A charming yet pathetic country
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    Samet Villa in the background I believe, a nice place to spend a few days.

    Gotta feel sorry for people who work fulltime in Bangkok and rarely or never get to see it like this on a weekday.

  4. #4
    Loz
    Loz is offline
    Member Loz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    05-06-2009 @ 03:40 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    56
    That's Ao Pai beach.

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    26-03-2017 @ 05:43 PM
    Location
    A charming yet pathetic country
    Posts
    4,397
    Yup

    Welcome to Samed Villa Resort - Koh Samed ( Samed Island ) Rayong ...
    Samed Villa Resort, most beautiful resort of Samed Island (Koh Samed) in Rayong, Thailand. Located on the white sand of Ao Phai Beach.
    www.samedvilla.com/

  6. #6
    Loz
    Loz is offline
    Member Loz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    05-06-2009 @ 03:40 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by momo8 View Post
    Great pics Loz, how about some dialogue to go with them for those who are not familiar with the place.
    Sure, when I have time.

  7. #7
    Member alphagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    17-08-2009 @ 06:47 PM
    Location
    The Dirty Lou
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post








    ooh oooh oooh
    I gots to go here!!!

  8. #8
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Best place in Thailand, really should go back... It's been five years.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Bexar County Stud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    09-02-2013 @ 08:22 PM
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    Best place in Thailand, really should go back... It's been five years.
    Best? How's that?

    Depends on what your looking for. I live very close to Samet, and in 6 years I've only visited 3 times. I think you'll find things have changed in 5 years, especially with regards to $$$.

    In general, I find the island to be a poor value holiday. Other than it's proximity to BKK, I don't understand the appeal of the place. A weekender, maybe.

    Koh Chang is much nicer, and you've got the option of exploring the other nearby islands as well.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,020
    Quote Originally Posted by alphagirl
    I gots to go here!!!
    about 3 hours via bus from bangkok.

    past pattya. head to Baen Phi (its a town) there is 2 or 3 piers on this town, go there and buy a ticket to the island, either ferry (about 100 baht i think) or private speedboat (about 2000 baht).

    plenty of accomadtion on the island.

    enjoy.

  11. #11
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    05-03-2016 @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    Knee deep in it
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    Samet Villa in the background I believe, a nice place to spend a few days.

    Gotta feel sorry for people who work fulltime in Bangkok and rarely or never get to see it like this on a weekday.
    Don't remind me

  12. #12
    Member alphagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    17-08-2009 @ 06:47 PM
    Location
    The Dirty Lou
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    about 3 hours via bus from bangkok. past pattya. head to Baen Phi (its a town) there is 2 or 3 piers on this town, go there and buy a ticket to the island, either ferry (about 100 baht i think) or private speedboat (about 2000 baht). plenty of accomadtion on the island. enjoy.
    Yay!! Thanks so much

  13. #13
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexar County Stud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    Best place in Thailand, really should go back... It's been five years.
    Best? How's that?

    Depends on what your looking for. I live very close to Samet, and in 6 years I've only visited 3 times. I think you'll find things have changed in 5 years, especially with regards to $$$.

    In general, I find the island to be a poor value holiday. Other than it's proximity to BKK, I don't understand the appeal of the place. A weekender, maybe.

    Koh Chang is much nicer, and you've got the option of exploring the other nearby islands as well.
    Hello Bex, long time no see - please don't tell me there's now a McDonalds there.
    "I'm an outsider by choice, but not truly. It's the unpleasantness of the system that keeps me out. I'd rather be in, in a good system. That's where my discontent comes from: being forced to choose to stay outside.
    My advice: Just keep movin' straight ahead. Every now and then you find yourself in a different place."

    George Carlin

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    28-03-2015 @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexar County Stud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    Best place in Thailand, really should go back... It's been five years.
    Best? How's that?

    Depends on what your looking for. I live very close to Samet, and in 6 years I've only visited 3 times. I think you'll find things have changed in 5 years, especially with regards to $$$.

    In general, I find the island to be a poor value holiday. Other than it's proximity to BKK, I don't understand the appeal of the place. A weekender, maybe.

    Koh Chang is much nicer, and you've got the option of exploring the other nearby islands as well.
    Have to admit it is expensive but I really like Samet. The beaches are gorgeous, it is chilled out and a great place just to relax and get away from things.

    Saying that haven't been to Koh Chang so can't compare.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    16-08-2009 @ 11:54 AM
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    Best place in Thailand, really should go back... It's been five years.
    its ok for quick get away only 2-3 hours form bangkok... but nothing special. I'd say head down south for the best beaches.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,184
    We used to go down to Koh Samet at least twice a month. Last time we went was about 3 years ago during off peak season. The island was still full of tourists, more trash and increased prices.

    I miss the Koh Samet of old.

    Nice pics though alphagirl!

  17. #17
    Knows fok all
    daveboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    I miss the Koh Samet of old.
    I have to agree really used to enjoy visiting but the last time we went couldn't believe the change

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:49 PM
    Location
    top of soi 2
    Posts
    1,656
    its been built up but still a nice and easy get away from bangers and good if youve got visitors, certainly better value all considered than trekking down to samui etc.
    depends what you are looking for but i always enjoy vongduen if i want a bit of a quiet one and can stilll find some reasonable resorts for a fair price
    we won it at wemberlee
    we on it in gay paree...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •