Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    28-11-2013 @ 01:05 PM
    Posts
    16

    Early mid life crisis (metal detecting)

    How do

    Anybody know if there are any laws,about metal
    detecting on the beaches ?


  2. #2
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,904

  3. #3
    Oooops up side ya head
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 12:02 PM
    Posts
    14,345
    Interesting subject - google thailand metal detecting law and you will find it is legal, but if you find anything of interest to the country itself you have to hand it over (assuming you are daft enough to tell them). Monday early doors seems to be the winner.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    28-11-2013 @ 01:05 PM
    Posts
    16
    Cheers fella's

  5. #5
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,787
    Sounds like more of an anorak crisis than mid life. Mid life is usually a mistress or a motorbike or both...

  6. #6
    Member pescator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 02:57 PM
    Location
    Scandia
    Posts
    521
    If this is not too far away from the subject of the OP, I would like to share a little story.

    I met a belgian guy on Koh Chang in Trat more than a decade ago.
    This guy was a real character.
    He had been travelling through India with his dog, but cut his travels short for a while as his accompanying dog got sick.
    He brought it home to take care of it and give it the best medical treatment, but it unfortunately died.
    He was rather distressed by that, but no more that he now decided to head for Thailand with his trusted metal detector.

    After the sun had set, he would every evening be scanning the White Sand beach with his metal detector.
    He was ginger haired and very sensitive to the sun, so he was always wearing a towel over his head, even in the evening hours.

    In those days, it was very, very cheap to live on Koh Chang.
    And he found enough lost coins to live on that for a while.
    I am sure that he found some precious metal too, but he never dealt that knowledge with anyone.
    But he managed to stay on Koh Chang for the length of my stay - 3 month - without any funds, thanks to his metal detector.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    28-11-2013 @ 01:05 PM
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by pescator View Post
    If this is not too far away from the subject of the OP, I would like to share a little story.

    I met a belgian guy on Koh Chang in Trat more than a decade ago.
    This guy was a real character.
    He had been travelling through India with his dog, but cut his travels short for a while as his accompanying dog got sick.
    He brought it home to take care of it and give it the best medical treatment, but it unfortunately died.
    He was rather distressed by that, but no more that he now decided to head for Thailand with his trusted metal detector.

    After the sun had set, he would every evening be scanning the White Sand beach with his metal detector.
    He was ginger haired and very sensitive to the sun, so he was always wearing a towel over his head, even in the evening hours.

    In those days, it was very, very cheap to live on Koh Chang.
    And he found enough lost coins to live on that for a while.
    I am sure that he found some precious metal too, but he never dealt that knowledge with anyone.
    But he managed to stay on Koh Chang for the length of my stay - 3 month - without any funds, thanks to his metal detector.
    Aha may turn out to be a good investment after all thanks for the story

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    28-11-2013 @ 01:05 PM
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Sounds like more of an anorak crisis than mid life. Mid life is usually a mistress or a motorbike or both...

    I emailed you a pic of the bike and got this back hmmmmm see below

    This is Mike
    (No this is not a joke)

    I am taking steps to eliminate spam from my inbox.

    Just this once, next time you connect to the internet please simply click on the link in this message and type the displayed "secret" word in the box to confirm you are a real person. Then all future messages will come directly to me.

    Before using this system I used to get 70+ SPAM messages a day.

    It works very well except for you getting this message.

    Thx
    Mike

  9. #9
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,787
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Sounds like more of an anorak crisis than mid life. Mid life is usually a mistress or a motorbike or both...

    I emailed you a pic of the bike and got this back hmmmmm see below

    This is Mike
    (No this is not a joke)

    I am taking steps to eliminate spam from my inbox.

    Just this once, next time you connect to the internet please simply click on the link in this message and type the displayed "secret" word in the box to confirm you are a real person. Then all future messages will come directly to me.

    Before using this system I used to get 70+ SPAM messages a day.

    It works very well except for you getting this message.

    Thx
    Mike
    Sir Willy.

    Selmat Malam

    It the the challenge from Spamarrest. Which does not allow anyone who is not in the members address book to send them email, if a sender is not in the address book and does not follow the instructions the mail gets redirected to their "unverified " folder where is languishes for 7 days before being deleted.

    I guess he thinks it is kinda cool to post it but has nothing to do with the OP. or he thought he was sending a PM
    Last edited by VocalNeal; 11-01-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    No one on TD is gay. If suspect, it was probably because of the way they were reared.
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,022
    either that or it's a good way to build up a list of real users to sell to a spammer.

  11. #11
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,787
    That could be, but anyway to keep out the penis enlargement/Canadian on-line drugs/etc. emails works for me.

    To get the names of real users they would first have to send me an unsolicited email only if they prove they are a real person does the email come through. That is sometimes the case with the odd Nigerian millionaire but they can be blocked to avoid future emails.

    If I send an email then, that address is already in my senders lists so a response comes back as normal.

    It has worked without spam for years. I'm happy. Started when I came to Thailand and ATT did not have a portal here so I could not use there server to get my email. Spamarrest has webmail so... There are other solutions but I have at least two other friends who happily use this system.

    Funny that the OP has hijacked his own thread:-)

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    28-11-2013 @ 01:05 PM
    Posts
    16
    I'm not used to using websites like this
    sorry if I have upset anyone.
    This website would not let me send a private
    message because I have under 20 post's
    hence me posting the email here.
    slim

  13. #13
    Sukhumvet
    VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,787
    Flounced?

    Was interested in buying his bicycle but have been "unfriended"

    Here's a pic of my bike
    regards
    What is the Make and Model of the wheel set?
    I really just do not want to deal with you
    in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by VocalNeal; 14-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •