Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387

    Applying for a 60 day Visa?

    My annual extension finishes early due to having a new passport. Due to my ignorance I can't apply for another annual Extension because my monies will have not seasoned in time. I was told to get a 60 day visa which will allow the seasoning. Then apply for my annual extension.
    My question is 'are there any papers to fill out' prior to my visit to the Imm office?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,856
    Will they issue a 60 day visa in country ?

  3. #3
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,332
    You've got to go to Laos or Cambodia for a single entry tourist visa or a single entry non-O visa

  4. #4
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,830
    ^What he said.

  5. #5
    'ello 'ello 'ello Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    23,029
    Can only get a visa outside of the country.


    Your best bet is to go to Savannakhet and get a Non-O based on marriage. You can get a single-entry that will do 90 days, or pay 5000 baht and get a multi-entry, that with 4 border runs will do you for the bones of 15 months. No financials needed.


    Vientiane is all done by appointment now, so you'll have to book in advance. So Savannahket or HCM in Vietnam is probably better for you.


    Good luck.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,188
    Shoulda paid rhe 500 baht

  7. #7
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,184
    Cant you just fly in, get a VOA and then get a 30 day extension?

  8. #8
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Your best bet is to go to Savannakhet and get a Non-based on marriage
    Would be but OP is confusing. Apparently Prags has a Marriage Visa already and his local IO will grant extension after seasoning of funds.

    Sounds a bit odd.

    If he gets a new visa based on marriage in Savannakhet he will have to go through the initial process again if he wants to continue the 400k baht per year extention route.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Shoulda paid rhe 500 baht
    Wouldn't have made any difference.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Would be but OP is confusing. Apparently Prags has a Marriage Visa already and his local IO will grant extension after seasoning of funds.

    Sounds a bit odd.
    I currently have an 'O Visa' Retirement. Due to losing 4 months off of my Visa having obtained a new passport it caught me out. The remaining days of your visa, in your old passport, are now not carried over to your new one. Things changed in 2014.
    When applying for your annual extension prior to your old passport expiring they only give you the days left before your passport expires. So when you get your new passport you lose in the transferring of the stamps. With me so far?
    Because they cut my annual extension short by 4 months my monies have not seasoned as I'd have expected. By getting the 60 day extension, that covers the seasoning period allowing me to get my annual extension once the 60 day extension expires.

    Wife now been in touch with the 'Imm Helpline'. They say I can get 60 days extra based on support of child/children on the date my extension runs out at my local office, 1,900 Baht.

    So anyone with a passport renewal coming up then they need to sort out what's best for them to cover all bases.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387
    This link may assist?

    If you have a Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage, or family in Thailand, you can extend this 3-month rule to 5 months. In other words you can get an extra 60-days, without having to leave the country.
    The cost of this is 1,900 Baht, about what you’d pay to a visa run company if you were to do a same day border run, but a hell of a lot cheaper than booking a flight and taking a short holiday somewhere.
    To get this extension, you’ll need to take a number of documents. Like all immigration-based processes in Thailand, the goal posts are always shifting, but having done this fairly recently in Bangkok based on marriage, I can confirm what is required in the list below.
    Non Immigrant O Extension – Documents Required

    • Passport (original).


    • Photocopy of passport.


    • Photocopy of visa and arrival card (these will be in your passport).


    • House certificate / copy of lease agreement at the condo you stay in. (Take the original if you have it). If this is your condo lease agreement, it must have your signature and the owners signature on it. A piece of paper stating your address, the deposit you paid and the amount you pay each month is not enough. It must be a proper agreement.


    • Wife’s Tabien Baan (copy is fine) – this is the house document for the home she is officially registered as living in Thailand.


    • Wife's ID card (original to be shown, also have a copy with you). If security tries to take this from your wife at the entrance in exchange for a card, be sure to tell them you need it to show the immigration officer. We ran into this issue and had to retrieve it.


    • Marriage Certificate (original and copy) – Make sure you take the original because I nearly came unstuck only having a copy last time.

    *Please note: I wasn’t asked to show it this time, but previously I was asked for a copy of my daughter’s passport and birth certificate, so if you have a child, take those too.
    **If you are extending based on having a child and not marriage, you will need your child with you, the child's mother to accompany you, your child's passport, child's birth certificate, wife's ID card and Tabien Baan (copy should be fine). Do your best to get hold of the originals or you might be refused.
    https://www.thethailandlife.com/non-...d-stay-60-days

  12. #12
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,184
    One of the reasons I will not live permanently in Thailand. I don't need the hassle. It's easier elsewhere and I will always spend part of the year in Oz.

  13. #13
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    With me so far?
    I am and beyond. Sounds your (wife) has it sorted.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    I currently have an 'O Visa' Retirement. Due to losing 4 months off of my Visa having obtained a new passport it caught me out. The remaining days of your visa, in your old passport, are now not carried over to your new one. Things changed in 2014.
    When applying for your annual extension prior to your old passport expiring they only give you the days left before your passport expires. So when you get your new passport you lose in the transferring of the stamps. With me so far?
    Because they cut my annual extension short by 4 months my monies have not seasoned as I'd have expected. By getting the 60 day extension, that covers the seasoning period allowing me to get my annual extension once the 60 day extension expires.

    Wife now been in touch with the 'Imm Helpline'. They say I can get 60 days extra based on support of child/children on the date my extension runs out at my local office, 1,900 Baht.

    So anyone with a passport renewal coming up then they need to sort out what's best for them to cover all bases.

    Sooo, you getting a 60 day extension then............. whats the bullshit about 60 day visa in your OP ?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Sooo, you getting a 60 day extension then............. whats the bullshit about 60 day visa in your OP ?
    To be honest with you I do not know what one calls it. I've never had one before. I just assumed it was a 'visa'. Any stamp in a passport giving permission to stay is a 'Visa'. So I took it as being the same. I apologise if I misled.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Phuketrichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    18-07-2019 @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    1,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My annual extension finishes early due to having a new passport. Due to my ignorance I can't apply for another annual Extension because my monies will have not seasoned in time. I was told to get a 60 day visa which will allow the seasoning. Then apply for my annual extension.
    My question is 'are there any papers to fill out' prior to my visit to the Imm office?


    you CANT get the 1 year extension on a tourist visa.
    go to Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia,etc and get a single entry Non O visa

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Darkside, Pattaya
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard View Post
    you CANT get the 1 year extension on a tourist visa.
    go to Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia,etc and get a single entry Non O visa
    He's getting the 1 year extension on the non O.

    Wrongly has asked about a 60 day (tourist) visa, which cannot be issue in country.

    updates info that the "visa" is actually a 60 day extension.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •