Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 346
  1. #126
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    have only 1 issue,that is if it is passed by cabinet,is the mandatory ins.scam
    You will die of a stroke if you continue to worry over things that has not happened, be happy while you can and take care of the problems when/if they come!
    Last edited by lom; 10-02-2019 at 09:18 AM.

  2. #127
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    You will die of a stroke if you continue to worry over things that has not happened, be happy while you can and take care of the problems when/if they come!
    my moto is BE PREPARED,if you think its not goner happen you are deluded.there is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FACE involved in the proposal to be scrapped,just go on tv.and read the concerns,must be over 5,000.just look at whats goner happen after march 1st.
    at 74yrs.old and you say DONT WORRY,does that mean you havnt thought about it.

  3. #128
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,136
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    just go on tv.and read the concerns
    ...probably the worst advice to offer: the aging TV hens will worry themselves into early (or perhaps not so early) graves over concerns about all the injustices inflicted upon their decaying frames by a) Thailand, b) Thainess or c) the rising cost of Viagra...old age neuroses, like FaRTian posts, tend to include grossly excessive repetition and a healthy dollop of tedium...
    Majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd

  4. #129
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    Might be a good time to go into the health insurance business - special rates for policies canceled after visa approval.

  5. #130
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...probably the worst advice to offer: the aging TV hens will worry themselves into early (or perhaps not so early) graves over concerns about all the injustices inflicted upon their decaying frames by a) Thailand, b) Thainess or c) the rising cost of Viagra...old age neuroses, like FaRTian posts, tend to include grossly excessive repetition and a healthy dollop of tedium...
    you have lost me TC.with words I was never taught at school,old age neuroses,only a little bit but no mental illness,viagra whats that,tedium only when someone else is driving,excessive repetition that one definitely I do get a lot of gerd owing to my hiatus hernia.
    GOOGLE IS MY FREIND.who's yours.

  6. #131
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    3,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    The withdrawal of the combination method for singleton retirees on hitherto adequate budgets who have complied with the laws for the past 20 years will be in some difficulty and one assumes they will either have to capitalise an asset back in their own country or here, but if they have none then it will be a return home.
    To force this on folk on a mere two months notice is really nothing short of disgraceful, even for the Thai.
    I think if pushed to nail their worst fault, one of the many, I think I'd have to say it's their hypocrisy - all that fucking land of smiles and wai-ing shit but really a bunch of greedy, thoughtless, inconsiderate, selfish fuckers sort of thing.
    As a single retiree with no ties, I lasted 10 years. Having been fucked about by professionals, I see no need to remain in LOS and be fucked about by rank amateurs.
    Finance is not the issue, boredom is. I have moved already.

  7. #132
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,807
    @ headhunter. I think the point TC was making is you have become on the verge of neurotic on some of these changes. Is it a good idea to be aware of potential changes.... (The optimum word being POTENTIAL")...Yes!, Is it healthy to lose your mind over them...No. Its silly and counterproductive. Go live life man. Spend all the money you claim to have in all those different accounts.

    As for TVF.......That site should be called the "Bitter End Forum". I'd venture to say that the average age on that site is 70+ and with that comes a large population of men who have very little or nothing to do but sit around in front of a computer 24/7 and read every bit of horseshit news spewed by "Webfact" and other sources. Then starts the endless "Thailand is a fk'd up place" which whips the audience into a frenzy.

  8. #133
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,264
    but if they have none then it will be a return home.
    where they can join the lengthy queues behind all the ragheads, albanians, syrians, africans, single mums and dossers for council houses, soup, healthcare and financial handouts.

    if, after a life of work, they cant scrape 800,000 baht together to remain in thailand, how on earth will they survive in the UK.

  9. #134
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    As a single retiree with no ties, I lasted 10 years. Having been fucked about by professionals, I see no need to remain in LOS and be fucked about by rank amateurs.
    Finance is not the issue, boredom is. I have moved already.
    me and mrs.HH.would do the same,but taking a long time to find the perfect place to live here,and me being the age of no return,i have to BITE the bullet and put up with it.
    we have a big house,which would be difficult to sell,then again its finding where to go,the wife is a lot more active than me,and she can put up with my whinging.

  10. #135
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,174
    I hate the words "maybe" and "possibly" since what follows is only opinion. I never listen to or react to opinion since it is not fact. If you like to listen to opinion and perspective, be my guest and worry about things that have not happened yet. Me, I wait for the facts before jumping.

  11. #136
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,495
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    You will die of a stroke if you continue to worry over things that has not happened, be happy while you can and take care of the problems when/if they come!
    Good advice, it's pointless worrying about something over which you have zero control or influence.

  12. #137
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    17-07-2019 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,525
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Might be a good time to go into the health insurance business
    Or an OAP home.



    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I have moved already.
    What were your pros for moving and if it's not a secret where did you end up?

  13. #138
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    i have now become a member of the daily moan club.i think whats made me like I am,is the grief that has burnt a hole in my heart and has made me into a miserable old man.its almost a yr.since our loss and for me its not getting better but worse.i am sorry but any trust that I had, not counting my wife has gone down the sewer.

  14. #139
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Posts
    12,785
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    where they can join the lengthy queues behind all the ragheads, albanians, syrians, africans, single mums and dossers for council houses, soup, healthcare and financial handouts.

    if, after a life of work, they cant scrape 800,000 baht together to remain in thailand, how on earth will they survive in the UK.
    Tax, is it your incipient dementia that has dimmed the faculty whereby cognitive ability is aided by the power of creative thought?

    The combination route to retiree extensions has been in force for over 20 years during which time many folk have bought property and established roots subsidising indigenous Thai extended families with nary a thought that they could not qualify for their residence. The 800,000 baht is no longer the £12,000 they once saw but has now increased by 65% to £20,000. One is always mindful of exchange fluctuations but the recent Brexit crash has been a blow for many. As I said, they will have to capitalise and return to Blighty. Incidentally, the average pension in the UK is in a range of between £13,500 and £18,600 per annum. The truth of the matter is that for many, retirement in the UK is simply not possible and if divorce strikes in one's 50s then you are probably quite nicely fucked given one's pension will be shared despite living alone.
    Illness is again a problem. Insurance policies are no longer viable, hospital costs are prodigious and one's nest egg, already reduced by currency crashes, can be depleted further.

    All this is if course mere grist to the mill of life, or rather death to be more realistic, but to only give two months notice after a 20 year regime is truly fucking atrocious.

  15. #140
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Posts
    12,785
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    and who pray-tell told you they were discontinuing the combination method? It's still in effect. It wasn't mentioned in this police order because that only mentioned things that had CHANGED.. Seeing as the combination method did not change it was not mentioned.

    If you're from one of the 4 consulates that stopped issuing the affidavit of income from abroad notary letters you transfer in every month from abroad into your thai bank account for 12 months AND then you have banked in your thai bank account the difference that makes up 800K baht and that banked money must meet the seasoning requirement.
    It's still an option it's just harder to use because of the consulates stopping the affidavit of income notary letters making people show 12 months of incoming transfers instead
    Thanks for your input, Todd, but I could not see in that Police Order any reference to it being limited to only those who could not obtain embassy verification of income letters? It looks fairly unambiguous to me and clearly states that retirement extensions can only be issued on the basis of income transferred or by a lump sum deposit to be held for six months.

    Where is the accompanying information confirming the Order is limited to applicants of the nations whose diplomatic representatives can no longer verify incomes?

  16. #141
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Where is the accompanying information confirming the Order is limited to applicants of the nations whose diplomatic representatives can no longer verify incomes?
    That notice was put out weeks ago as soon as those 4 consulates discontinued the income affidavits.
    I posted about it here
    http://teakdoor.com/thai-visas-and-v...257-using.html (Amendments to Police Order 138/2257 (using monthly income))

  17. #142
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Posts
    25,943
    Look, the only fukers who give a flying fuk about these new rules are peasants like Stroller and his fookin ilk.

    The vast majority of punters have a few buks in the bank and this is fook all in the grand scheme of things innit.

    Farang peasants Out and cashed up Coonts In.
    Stroller is a Yerman faggot.

  18. #143
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    one thing that hasnt been debated is,this doesnt involve me as my extension money hasnt been touched,but as the new rules state that now the 800k must NOT be touched for 3months after your retirement extension is granted.yet you will be able to draw down no more than 400k.thus leaving a balance of 400k.NOW are you expected to top it back up to 800k.before your next extension of stay.or are they goner make sure that the 400k.is goner be classed as a deposit for health cover.because thats the figure that was quoted in the proposal.
    if so what about them that take the marriage route,for their extension ?they are no different [expats] are they goner be treated the same as us,or will they be classed different. both are classed as long term [1yr.visas] and will be included in the mandatory health cover.myself I am no different,married,but i go the retirement route,but how are they goner work this out.the only way I can see so far is,them that go the marriage route will have to keep 400k.in the bank for the full 12months.
    maybe someone with a bigger brain than mine can work this one out.

  19. #144
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,080
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    .NOW are you expected to top it back up to 800k.before your next extension of stay.
    Of course, two months before you apply again at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    or are they goner make sure that the 400k.is goner be classed as a deposit for health cover.because thats the figure that was quoted in the proposal.
    Speculation.

  20. #145
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,136
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Speculation.
    ...indeed, 6 pages of it...Immigration would be delighted...

  21. #146
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    14-07-2019 @ 07:17 AM
    Location
    NAKON SAWAN
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    My Bangkok bank account was closed for no reason even though my bank card was still valid.
    The bank teller just gave me a blank look when I complained and asked for my balance, fortunately there was only a few hundred baht lost.
    Doesn't inspire confidence in the Thai banking system.
    Exactly why I don’t keep 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.

  22. #147
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,807
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Look, the only fukers who give a flying fuk about these new rules are peasants like Stroller and his fookin ilk.

    The vast majority of punters have a few buks in the bank and this is fook all in the grand scheme of things innit.

    Farang peasants Out and cashed up Coonts In.
    Welcome back Terry....

  23. #148
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    if it is passed by cabinet,is the mandatory ins.scam
    HH:

    Forewarned is prepared. So, follow the old adage “pray for the best but prepare for the worst”. Concerning the specific issue of mandatory health insurance. I do believe it will occur. Hopefully not in the “near” future, but, eventually. Why? Simple, because they can. Insurance company lobbyists will eventually get it pushed through. We can’t do anything to prevent it.

    When it occurs, we will comply, we won’t have a choice. If you want to dance you have to pay the piper. I’ve already looked at the added cost to my current expat medical insurance, have to add “outpatient” at USD $150/month. Brings us from @ USD $5k/annum to @ USD $7k/annum. An inconvenient and unnecessary burden. Another Tax.

    I can’t allow myself to get “upset” about it as there’s nothing I can do about it. When it is a requirement, I will get it. Or, the minimum required plan to comply. I do expect that when it does become a requirement, “cheaper” plans with greater payout restrictions or conditions will be offered by insurance companies to garner premiums. Competition is a good thing and insurance companies live and die by statistics. They aren’t going to pass up free money and mandatory insurance is free money to them. So Be It.

  24. #149
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    6,011
    Suckers....

  25. #150
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    HH:

    Forewarned is prepared. So, follow the old adage “pray for the best but prepare for the worst”. Concerning the specific issue of mandatory health insurance. I do believe it will occur. Hopefully not in the “near” future, but, eventually. Why? Simple, because they can. Insurance company lobbyists will eventually get it pushed through. We can’t do anything to prevent it.

    When it occurs, we will comply, we won’t have a choice. If you want to dance you have to pay the piper. I’ve already looked at the added cost to my current expat medical insurance, have to add “outpatient” at USD $150/month. Brings us from @ USD $5k/annum to @ USD $7k/annum. An inconvenient and unnecessary burden. Another Tax.

    I can’t allow myself to get “upset” about it as there’s nothing I can do about it. When it is a requirement, I will get it. Or, the minimum required plan to comply. I do expect that when it does become a requirement, “cheaper” plans with greater payout restrictions or conditions will be offered by insurance companies to garner premiums. Competition is a good thing and insurance companies live and die by statistics. They aren’t going to pass up free money and mandatory insurance is free money to them. So Be It.
    when you actually read who's involved in this,YES BOWIE it is goner happen,will all of us have to go for a medical check up.or will they take our word for it,with them saying you MISSED OUT having a stiff prk. so the policy is NOT PAYING OUT. how difficult will it be if you are involved in a accident with a non insured person,we all know the farang is always WRONG and NEVER RIGHT.
    it would be interesting for someone else like me who is self assured,age in the 70's,a long history eg.open heart surgery,double by-pass,stroke,siezure's and a few other problems for good measure.as the saying goes we WAIT WITH BAITED BREATH.
    HH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •