Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 126 to 146 of 146
  1. #126
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 07:27 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,873
    Just so we're totally clear IF it was not mentioned in this police order it means the rules didn't change for the extension or method to get the extension

    Just to summarize the new Police Order:

    NO changes for application of a VISA at a Thai Consulate or Embassy

    NO changes for foreign women married to Thai men

    NO changes for people using the banked money, 800K baht for being over 50 years of age or 400K baht for foreign men married to Thai women.

    NO changes if you Embassy still hand out the Income affidavit.

    Changes for as far as we know for citizens of 4 countries, these are UK, USA, Australia and Denmark, just because these people can not get an income affidavit of their Embassy.
    NO changes if used banked money method for proof of funds
    BUT
    Using monthly income method you MUST show:
    Minimum 65K baht deposits from foreign country into their Thai bank account if over 50 years of age
    Minimum 40K baht deposits from foreign country into their Thai bank account if married to a thai
    These deposits have to be done 12 months, every month prior the application date.

  2. #127
    lom
    lom is online now
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    there you go assuming things again lom.
    Again? And can you read?
    I said I don't assume that you can transfer the money once each 3 month.

  3. #128
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,050
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    NO changes for people using the banked money
    Are you suggesting that if one has at least 400k/800k in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to application, your "banked money", the TIO will accept that as proof of income?

  4. #129
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,103
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Are you suggesting that if one has at least 400k/800k in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to application, your "banked money", the TIO will accept that as proof of income?
    My understanding, FWIW, is that you have two options. Proof of funds (800/400k in a bank) OR proof of income ( 65/40 k per month).

  5. #130
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    3,632
    Kinda round in circles on this, but, the question was;

    “if you can’t get an embassy income letter/affidavit, what will immigration accept as evidence of income?”

    the answer is; monthly deposits in your bank book.

  6. #131
    festive member stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    22,661
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Are you suggesting that if one has at least 400k/800k in a Thai bank for 3 months prior to application, your "banked money", the TIO will accept that as proof of income?
    Can't you read?
    No changes if you use the money-in-the-bank option.

  7. #132
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,050
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Can't you read?
    No changes if you use the money-in-the-bank option.

    I will await my visit to my local TIO for and determine what they will accept.

    If I am in error I will admit it.
    Last edited by OhOh; 10-01-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: simplified

  8. #133
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,103
    ^ jeeze. Hard work. That document is a clarification of a single clause in the original document, which still has validity. It ONLY addresses the documentation required for proof of income.

  9. #134
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,050
    Yes, TMI, it's been simplified.

  10. #135
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Kinda round in circles on this, but, the question was;

    “if you can’t get an embassy income letter/affidavit, what will immigration accept as evidence of income?”

    the answer is; monthly deposits in your bank book.
    Indeed, but the point is, in these times when western currencies have devalued significantly since the financial criteria were increased by Thaksin, who in their right fucking mind who owns their property and car, and uses a global credit card from their originating country, and who lives alone in retirement would want to transfer every fucking month 65,000 baht from their own country to a Thai bank account. It's just plain fucking stupid and unnecessary in a third world country. Christ, an old guy living alone up in the boonies simply couldn't spend that on himself even if he wanted to and what the fuck is a guy who has his beach condo in Hua Hin and content to take his pleasures quietly and soberly going to do if he hates golf and prefers onanism to commercial sex?
    As I said before, quite a few singleton Brits who retired 10 - 15 years ago on reasonable pensions will now be screwed and I suspect a few owners will have to sell their condos to qualify via the lump sum route.

  11. #136
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    Just so we're totally clear IF it was not mentioned in this police order it means the rules didn't change for the extension or method to get the extension

    Just to summarize the new Police Order:

    NO changes for application of a VISA at a Thai Consulate or Embassy

    NO changes for foreign women married to Thai men

    NO changes for people using the banked money, 800K baht for being over 50 years of age or 400K baht for foreign men married to Thai women.

    NO changes if you Embassy still hand out the Income affidavit.

    Changes for as far as we know for citizens of 4 countries, these are UK, USA, Australia and Denmark, just because these people can not get an income affidavit of their Embassy.
    NO changes if used banked money method for proof of funds
    BUT
    Using monthly income method you MUST show:
    Minimum 65K baht deposits from foreign country into their Thai bank account if over 50 years of age
    Minimum 40K baht deposits from foreign country into their Thai bank account if married to a thai
    These deposits have to be done 12 months, every month prior the application date.
    Tod, you have not responded to my earlier query and it is one that will affect many Brits who live alone and are on retirement extensions obtained by qualifying under the combination route using income and lump sum. There has been no mention of this anywhere - there are no doubt many who have an annual pensionable income of, say, £12,000 per annum but only £8,000 in a lump sum. Have you canvassed this scenario with your immigration contacts?

    It is quite a valid point, I think.

  12. #137
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 07:27 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Tod, you have not responded to my earlier query and it is one that will affect many Brits who live alone and are on retirement extensions obtained by qualifying under the combination route using income and lump sum. There has been no mention of this anywhere - there are no doubt many who have an annual pensionable income of, say, £12,000 per annum but only £8,000 in a lump sum. Have you canvassed this scenario with your immigration contacts?

    It is quite a valid point, I think.
    Sorry, I don't come on this forum all that much..
    I did hash that out monday and the combination method CAN be used IF you have 12 months of previous incoming transfers from abroad AND money banked for the requisite period to total 800K baht for the year.

  13. #138
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Posts
    12,195
    Thank you for your reply. I shall pass this on. Although we are yet to see anything official from the Thai it is useful to know from the horse's mouth, so to speak, the combination route is still available.

  14. #139
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    20,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Indeed, but the point is, in these times when western currencies have devalued significantly since the financial criteria were increased by Thaksin, who in their right fucking mind who owns their property and car, and uses a global credit card from their originating country, and who lives alone in retirement would want to transfer every fucking month 65,000 baht from their own country to a Thai bank account. It's just plain fucking stupid and unnecessary in a third world country. Christ, an old guy living alone up in the boonies simply couldn't spend that on himself even if he wanted to and what the fuck is a guy who has his beach condo in Hua Hin and content to take his pleasures quietly and soberly going to do if he hates golf and prefers onanism to commercial sex?
    As I said before, quite a few singleton Brits who retired 10 - 15 years ago on reasonable pensions will now be screwed and I suspect a few owners will have to sell their condos to qualify via the lump sum route.
    Drama Queen Alert.

  15. #140
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Drama Queen Alert.
    ......my thought, too: an onanistic loner up in the hills somewhere...

  16. #141
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I shall pass this on. Although we are yet to see anything official from the Thai it is useful to know from the horse's mouth, so to speak, the combination route is still available.
    ... ahh the old "asking for a friend" routine heh?

  17. #142
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,050
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    Sorry, I don't come on this forum all that much..
    I did hash that out monday and the combination method CAN be used IF you have 12 months of previous incoming transfers from abroad AND money banked for the requisite period to total 800K baht for the year.

    Thanks for that positive reply.

    As the revised order was announced to be effective from Jan 1st 2019did you discuss if any leeway in the twelve months rule would be available?

  18. #143
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Drama Queen Alert.
    I'm surprised he cares at all about such mundane issues. I always suspected him of living on an 150' yacht, lounging around in a caftan, surrounded by oiled bodied male servants.

  19. #144
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    in wessex
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    I'm surprised he cares at all about such mundane issues. I always suspected him of being 150lbs overweight, lounging around in a caftan, surrounded by oiled bodied male servants.
    Humbert i think you got it just missing a Sausage entree

  20. #145
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 07:27 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Thanks for that positive reply.

    As the revised order was announced to be effective from Jan 1st 2019did you discuss if any leeway in the twelve months rule would be available?
    That was the primary topic under discussion. The answer I got was no leeway at all. The immigration office said they didn't stop accepting the notary letters 4 consulates that stopped issuing them. And that is true because if your consulate still issues the letter you can use it like normal.

  21. #146
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 07:27 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Although we are yet to see anything official from the Thai it is useful to know from the horse's mouth, so to speak, the combination route is still available.
    You aren't going to see anything from the thai officials about the combination method just like you didn't see anything in these changes about the banked money method. The order put out ONLY addressed people whose consulates stopped issuing the affidavit of income from abroad notary letters in case they wanted to use monthly income to show proof of funds.

    IF a method wasn't changed OR affected by the order, it was not mentioned. The combination method is still a viable choice and if you get the income letter from your notarly you use it on the combo method to show 800K baht over the year. BUT if your consulate no longer issues the income affidavit you need to show 12 months of deposits (and in case they are not exactly the same amount every month they take the lowest month and use it for the monthly amount over 12 months) <- meaning if you had 50K transferred in for 11 months BUT one month you only brought in 40K, they would use 40K times 12 for the monthly amount and you'd need to bank the rest that would total 800K for the seasoning period

    OR that is how the process was explained to me ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •