Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    ^ what Norton said.


    Hope for the best and prepare for the worse. Immigration administration and the IO's certainly aren't losing any sleep over "your" predicament. Emphasis on the "your" part of the statement. You have to cover your bases. Find the money and deposit it for aging three months before you need to renew. If, by some strange stroke of luck a workable solution to the monthly deposit "Option" is found, established, published and then accepted, Great - problem solved. But "don't hold your breath".
    Last edited by bowie; 14-12-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,513
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    ^ what Norton said.


    Hope for the best and prepare for the worse. Immigration administration and the IO's certainly aren't losing any sleep over "your" predicament. Emphasis on the "your" part of the statement. You have to cover your bases. Find the money and deposit it for aging three months before you need to renew. If, by some strange stroke of luck a workable solution to the monthly deposit "Option" is found, established, published and then accepted, Great - problem solved. But "don't hold your breath".
    I've heard from IOs that the deposit period is three months, and two months. I thought 3; Which is it?

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 09:28 AM
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I've heard from IOs that the deposit period is three months, and two months. I thought 3; Which is it?
    My opinion is that it is both.
    Initially when you first apply for a Non O visa you would probaly be in Thailand on a 90 day visa so pretty hard to get a bank account and have money in there for 3 months befor eyou apply for the Non O so it needs to be in there for at least 2 months.
    When you apply for the first and subsequent annual extensions it is required to have been in the back account for at least 3 months.

    Then again I have been known to be wrong before and it ultimately is up to the guy processing your application.

  4. #29
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I've heard from IOs that the deposit period is three months, and two months. I thought 3; Which is it?
    This is for a "visa extension" see criteria 6


    https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

    In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):

    Criteria for Consideration
    (1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
    (2) The alien must have proof of relationship.
    (3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto; or
    (4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children, or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age; or
    (5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.
    For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.
    (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.
    Documents to be submitted
    1. Application form
    2. Copy of applicant’s passport
    3. Copy of documents proving relationship, such as a marriage certificate, a birth certificate, registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate, child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency
    4. Copy of evidence proving the Thai nationality of the spouse, parents, children, or adopted children, such as a national ID card, copy of household registration certificate, or other evidence issued by the government or relevant agency
    5. Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook, or attach documents proving that the parents or alien husband earns an average monthly income of no less than Baht 40,000 throughout the year, such as any particular individual income tax return together with payment receipt, evidence of receiving retirement pension, evidence of receiving interest from funds deposit, or evidence of having other funds issued by the relevant agency. An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s marital or parental status with a Thai national.
    Last edited by bowie; 14-12-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add comment

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Okay there is always some confusion about the seasoning amount for various extensions of stays.
    They are like this
    • for a yearly extension based on marriage the 400K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the extension. It doesn't matter if it's your first year or your fifteenth, if your extension is based on marriage that is the seasoning time for EVERY extension (no matter what your clueless I/O tells you)
    • For a yearly extension based on being over 50 (retirement) the 800K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 60 days before you apply for your FIRST yearly extension and for 3 months before you apply for every subsequent extension
    • for a yearly extension based on raising half-thai children there is NO seasoning requirement and you could put the 400K baht in the account the day you apply for the extension and still be within the letter of the law
    • for a yearly extension based on raising 100% foreign children the 500K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 30 days before you apply for your FIRST yearly extension and for 3 months before you apply for every subsequent extension

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    20-07-2019 @ 09:28 AM
    Posts
    428
    Tod
    Thanks for the reply but I would like you to clarify your wording if you will.

    When you say "
    FIRST yearly extension" do you mean when you make the original application for the Visa?

    I wouldn't call that the first extension as I believe that before you make your original application you don't have a Visa to extend.
    Sure you must have some sort of Visa to be in the Country but not necessarily the one you want to stay here on.

    I understand if you obtained the original Non O Visa outside the country then the first time you go to Immigration in Thailand is to extend it and it would be rightfully called 'First yearly extension".

    Sorry for being nit-picky.




    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    Okay there is always some confusion about the seasoning amount for various extensions of stays.
    They are like this
    • for a yearly extension based on marriage the 400K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the extension. It doesn't matter if it's your first year or your fifteenth, if your extension is based on marriage that is the seasoning time for EVERY extension (no matter what your clueless I/O tells you)
    • For a yearly extension based on being over 50 (retirement) the 800K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 60 days before you apply for your FIRST yearly extension and for 3 months before you apply for every subsequent extension
    • for a yearly extension based on raising half-thai children there is NO seasoning requirement and you could put the 400K baht in the account the day you apply for the extension and still be within the letter of the law
    • for a yearly extension based on raising 100% foreign children the 500K baht must be seasoned in a bank account in your name only for 30 days before you apply for your FIRST yearly extension and for 3 months before you apply for every subsequent extension

  7. #32
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    retirement visa

    https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22

    The alien:
    (1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
    (2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
    (3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
    (4) On the filing date, the applicant must have account deposited (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
    Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
    deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
    the filing date; or
    (5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
    800,000 as of the filing date.
    (6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
    permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

    (a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
    a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
    no less than Baht 20,000.

    (b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
    income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
    500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.
    Documents to be submitted
    1. Application form
    2. Copy of applicant’s passport
    3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
    4. Account deposited (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
    5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4
    stated above.

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    17-07-2019 @ 10:57 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,525
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
    I suspect most applicants are capable of putting together an "evidence" package. Unfortunately TIOs only accept their individually chosen, specified and open to daily whim changes, "evidence package".

    That is the problem that needs "clarification", or not and leave it as it is now. TIO's discretion, "flexiblity" and potentially open to abuse.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,387
    Quote Originally Posted by toddaniels View Post
    for a yearly extension based on raising half-thai children there is NO seasoning requirement and you could put the 400K baht in the account the day you apply for the extension and still be within the letter of the law
    Just to clarify that statement. I'm married with luk rung children. So I can get an extension based on supporting those children, instead of a 'Marriage' extension, and I don't need to season the money. Is that correct? And would I have to show photos of me and the kids in and outside of our house?

  10. #35
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    That is the problem that needs "clarification"
    Unfortunately, even when, or if the new rules/regs/laws/guidelines/FAQ's are written, they will always be subject to IO interpretation. We will be reading english translations, the IO's will be administering/enforcing regulations written in Thai. Yup, up to their interpretation. (Kinda why I use a Thai national licensed Attorney).

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Just to clarify that statement. I'm married with luk rung children. So I can get an extension based on supporting those children, instead of a 'Marriage' extension, and I don't need to season the money. Is that correct? And would I have to show photos of me and the kids in and outside of our house?
    Correct.. You'd need the same documentation you need for the marriage extension AND their birth certificates PLUS pictures of you and them in their school uniforms in front of the school they go to, then another one of them and you in front of the house numbers, and one of you IN the house too.

    The application for the yearly extension still goes under consideration for 30 days before you go back and get the extension inked into your passport and during that time the immigration office will probably do a home visit too.

    MANY times when someone is going for a marriage extension but their money isn't seasoned the full 2 months IF they have kids they'll just do the extension based on supporting half-thai kids instead.

    Good Luck..

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Unfortunately, even when, or if the new rules/regs/laws/guidelines/FAQ's are written, they will always be subject to IO interpretation. We will be reading english translations, the IO's will be administering/enforcing regulations written in Thai. Yup, up to their interpretation. (Kinda why I use a Thai national licensed Attorney).
    I'd say it's about time you learned to read thai

    I'm a dumb hillbilly from Ohio who barely got out of high school, I have NO knack for languages, am old and yet I was able to learn to read this one trick pony language to the ability that I can understand immigration rules, contract law, etc. It's not brain science or rocket surgery..

  13. #38
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    ^ Fuck Off Troll

    ผมอ่านเขียนและเข้าใจภาษาไทยได

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    ^ Fuck Off Troll

    ผมอ่านเขียนและเข้าใจภาษาไทยได
    Missed a tone mark there bowie it's ได้ NOT ได Still, good try though,

    I give you points for learning this one trick pony language spoken by less than 1% of the worlds' population.

    keep at it, you'll get there (not today, but eventually) ..

  15. #40
    The Fool on the Hill
    bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Location
    alone on a hill
    Posts
    4,018
    You one a them walen graduates?, or a TTFL wanna be?

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    toddaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    18-06-2019 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    You one a them walen graduates?, or a TTFL wanna be?
    Thanx for asking. I taught myself to read, write, type, speak and understand the language spoken in this pissant third world developing country.

    I didn't do it because I'm enchanted by, enamored with or endeared to the country, the alleged culture or these people <-that would be the thais.

    I did it because thais suck so badly at engrish that it was easier to their this language (and be an asshole in both english and thai) instead of communicate with these people using charades, mime, pidgin engrish and sock puppets.

    I'm a legend in my own mind, google me Tod Daniels Bangkok You'll see that I used to be really involved in foreigners learning thai for a friends website.

    Now I've morphed into a visa god, but that's another story..

    Have a safe and happy new year if you can .. .. Keep after that thai learning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •