Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766

    VFS Trendy Building passport pick up question

    i cant find a phone number fot them.

    Had a message from DHL that passport has arrived...

    Do I need to make an appointment by email to pick it up?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    3,178

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    Thanks David, luckily we just found the receipt, otherwise id need a police report, going by that faq.

    so looks like we just turn up there then to cut the ears off her old passport and hand over the receipt..Those 5 years flew past.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,805
    Hey Dill, I did ask Wilsonandson to do a walk through in obtaining a UK passport renewal but ............ Is there any chance you could do it? My renewal is due 2019 but can be done 9 months in advance. As I understand it. So next year is when I'll go through the process. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    right, just deciphered DHL's email. The passport will arrive before 6pm today.
    VFS got back to me saying it hasnt turned up yet but will notify me immediately so thats the message to wait for if anyone goes through it.

    I 'll look into that process i just went through for you now Prag. It only took 2 weeks to process.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,445
    I renewed early this year, was no need for an appointment to pick up the new passport, just turn up with your notification letter and ID.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    I did ask Wilsonandson to do a walk through in obtaining a UK passport renewal but ....
    No video available?

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    Right,

    Send an email including your first and last name and 3 alternate dates and times from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays to
    BangkokHMPO@VFShelpline.com

    Download these 2 GOVUK forms;

    Application Form
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...plication-form

    Credit Card form
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tion_07.13.pdf


    supporting docs will vary, for my daughter I showed-
    Her old UK passport together with photocopies of every page
    My passport and photocopy of photo page and visa page
    Her Mom's passport.

    Then you need to prove where you live-
    I gave photocopies of Lease agreement and daughter's school report, you could get a cert of residence.

    And you'll need 2 photos- 45mmx35mm on a cream or white background

    I also photocopied my Thai driving license and the wifes and our marriage certificate.

    It's best to give them more I think.

    The fee was 76.01 GBP incl courier fees.


    You should see the supporting docs you need suited to yourself when you go through this link

    https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports


    Oh one thing... I didn't show them my daughters Thai passport, fuck killing another tree, so her old Brit one would have had ports of entry and departures missing

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    so for you Prag, go through that last link first

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,805
    Much appreciated Dill.

  11. #11
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Right,

    Send an email including your first and last name and 3 alternate dates and times from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays to
    BangkokHMPO@VFShelpline.com

    Download these 2 GOVUK forms;

    Application Form
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...plication-form

    Credit Card form
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tion_07.13.pdf


    supporting docs will vary, for my daughter I showed-
    Her old UK passport together with photocopies of every page
    My passport and photocopy of photo page and visa page
    Her Mom's passport.

    Then you need to prove where you live-
    I gave photocopies of Lease agreement and daughter's school report, you could get a cert of residence.

    And you'll need 2 photos- 45mmx35mm on a cream or white background

    I also photocopied my Thai driving license and the wifes and our marriage certificate.

    It's best to give them more I think.

    The fee was 76.01 GBP incl courier fees.


    You should see the supporting docs you need suited to yourself when you go through this link

    https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports


    Oh one thing... I didn't show them my daughters Thai passport, fuck killing another tree, so her old Brit one would have had ports of entry and departures missing
    How old is your daughter?

    I'm going to do it next week, if I get an appointment - my kids are 15 and 10. Did you need to take her?

    Why on earth would you need your driver's license?

    Surely they won't want my wife's passport as she's Thai.

    I wonder if the "tabien bahn" is good enough for proof of address.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,445
    No need to take the kids, just the paperwork.

    Never needed to show the driver's license or wife's Thai passport, but doesn't hurt to take them along anyway, and anything else that 'might' be useful.

  13. #13
    Member
    Happy As Larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Right,

    Send an email including your first and last name and 3 alternate dates and times from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays to
    BangkokHMPO@VFShelpline.com
    No need to provide them with 3 alternative dates. Of course you have more chance of being told there are no appointments available if you only provide the one day.
    I've had to do it 3 or 4 times during the last couple of years and each time have only given them one day (Friday or Monday depending upon my schedule) and each time it has been no problem.
    Also for those not in Bangkok I have been informed that they will keep the new passport for 1 month if you can not immediately go to Bangkok upon receiving their message that it is available for pick-up

  14. #14
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    701
    The Countersignatory doesnt need to be British, semingly?

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat Fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDee View Post
    The Countersignatory doesnt need to be British, semingly?

    If you are applying for a new PP and you look like the person in the photo of the previous PP. there is no need to get it counter signed and if you do need to get it counter signed, the person doesnt have to be British

  16. #16
    Member
    Happy As Larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDee View Post
    The Countersignatory doesnt need to be British, semingly?
    No if I recall British is preferred then in order i believe it is commonwealth, European then other. I have used a european and had no problems, neither have they been contacted. They do state that if non-British is used then the process may take a little longer while everything is checked out but again I have not experienced this either.

    Do make sure that you read the notes when completing the form. The notes are actually longer than the form.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,548
    I had a South African counter-sign for my daughter. Did take longer as they required more stuff off them. Much easier to find a Brit I think.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I had a South African counter-sign for my daughter. Did take longer as they required more stuff off them. Much easier to find a Brit I think.
    I've always used Thai officials, never a problem.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,805
    Renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can't be recognised from your existing passport photo. If you are simply applying for are renewal of a child or adult passport there is no need for your photo to be countersigned, and you can continue to send your application without it.
    www.passports-office.co.uk/blog/countersigning_get_it_right/

  20. #20
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    701
    Actually as we're going to OZ for a holiday, there's actually no need to get a UK passport. Maybe just use their Thai ones for 1000 baht at the local amphur.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    If you are simply applying for are renewal of a child or adult passport there is no need for your photo to be countersigned, and you can continue to send your application without it.
    I may be wrong but i reckon thats a load of tosh. I doubt theyre referring to renewing a passport from abroad.
    All kids change appearance in 5 years. I got a Brit to countersign one photo and fill in the part of the form assigned to him

  22. #22
    Member
    ChalkyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    I may be wrong but i reckon thats a load of tosh. I doubt theyre referring to renewing a passport from abroad.
    All kids change appearance in 5 years. I got a Brit to countersign one photo and fill in the part of the form assigned to him
    It depends, how old is your daughter?

    My 10 year old needs a countersign but the 15 year old doesn't.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDee View Post
    How old is your daughter?

    I'm going to do it next week, if I get an appointment - my kids are 15 and 10. Did you need to take her?

    Why on earth would you need your driver's license?

    Surely they won't want my wife's passport as she's Thai.

    I wonder if the "tabien bahn" is good enough for proof of address.
    sorry been busy.

    my daughter is 6, I took her with me because school was closed but I dont think you have to.

    The supporting docs link i used is here
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...uments-group-2
    Your blue book should suffice but you may need a translation. A utility bill will do as well. The guy who served me asked for as much proof as possible and seeing as i didnt wanna waste another trip i gave him everything that ive mentioned.

    go prepared because they charge 25baht per photocopy in that office

    just found yhe website i used with all the info you need to renew

    How to renew a UK passport in Thailand - Thai Again

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,766
    heres the proof of residence you need



  25. #25
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,805
    Maybe just use their Thai ones for 1000 baht at the local amphur.
    Thai passports aren't issued at your local Amphur.

    I got a Brit to countersign one photo and fill in the part of the form assigned to him
    Yeah I did the same for my kids. I just put his occupation down as 'retired'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •