Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Environmental Studies.
    WTF does mean?

    Do these environmental studious types just theorize and pontificate or do they actually be the change that they want to see in the world.

    Study without action is a lost cause.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Digby Fantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    14-09-2017 @ 01:11 PM
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Environmental Studies.
    WTF does mean?

    Do these environmental studious types just theorize and pontificate or do they actually be the change that they want to see in the world.

    Study without action is a lost cause.
    All environmental matters but principally those relating to matters which are conventionally described as "Green issues". This included study of specifics covering a wide range. From pig shit in Holland to the transport of beans from Kenya to the UK. Kyoto Agreement and suck like until it was coming out of my ears. I had previously studied for a degree in pure chemistry.

    I am not on a "mission from God" to save the world. The older I get, the less I care about the planet and the dopes who live on it.

    Do you know what Human Geography is ?

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Posts
    3,695
    Be that as it may, you're not really a fully qualified teacher are you?

    You're someone who got a bit of a degree, then paid for a TEFL Cert. and then started working for schools and people who weren't too fussy.

    Would that be an unfair assessment, mate?

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    Digby Fantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    14-09-2017 @ 01:11 PM
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Be that as it may, you're not really a fully qualified teacher are you?

    You're someone who got a bit of a degree, then paid for a TEFL Cert. and then started working for schools and people who weren't too fussy.

    Would that be an unfair assessment, mate?
    Totally wrong. I have a full degree. It's not possible to buy a CELTA in the UK, I had to qualify for it. I have already explained that a PGCE is a valid qualification but it would be superfluous for me.

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby Fantona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Be that as it may, you're not really a fully qualified teacher are you?

    You're someone who got a bit of a degree, then paid for a TEFL Cert. and then started working for schools and people who weren't too fussy.

    Would that be an unfair assessment, mate?
    Totally wrong. I have a full degree. It's not possible to buy a CELTA in the UK, I had to qualify for it. I have already explained that a PGCE is a valid qualification but it would be superfluous for me.
    Wow, aren't we precious.
    Yes, you got a degree.
    Good for you.
    What has your degree subject got to do with teaching English as a foreign language?
    You got a CELTA, well done. Not really rocket science is it?
    Just out of puerile curiosity, where did you get your CELTA?
    How you can claim that a PGCE is superfluous to someone hoping to be an effective teacher is beyond me.

    Carry on.

    p.s. tramadol is not expensive you know. It might help.

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat
    Digby Fantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    14-09-2017 @ 01:11 PM
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101
    What has your degree subject got to do with teaching English as a foreign language?
    Nothing. The Thai government decided that a degree was essential and I was fine because I had one. I taught successfully in Thailand and am qualified to do so again. In reality I will be living in Thailand under "retirement" and have no intention of teaching again.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Posts
    3,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby Fantona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101
    What has your degree subject got to do with teaching English as a foreign language?
    Nothing. The Thai government decided that a degree was essential and I was fine because I had one. I taught successfully in Thailand and am qualified to do so again. In reality I will be living in Thailand under "retirement" and have no intention of teaching again.
    Good for you.

  8. #33
    Cabaged Member
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    thailand and UK
    Posts
    7,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby Fantona
    no intention of teaching again.





  9. #34
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,758
    Back on topic... the answer is "yes".

  10. #35
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,574
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy View Post
    I was recently asked by a farang if he could obtain a TL when he holds a standard bachelor degree from a western university plus a recently acquired Post graduate diploma in Education. Its from a university in the U.K thats recognized by the MOE in Bangkok.

    Does anyone have an opinion on this?
    This is from the TCT /KSP (Kurusapa)


    Teaching License requirements

    1. Be at least 20 years of age

    2. Hold a degree in Education or an equivalent or in other related fields accredited by the Teachers Council
    of Thailand or
    • Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or
    • Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year course of study

    3. Completion of training course on Thai Language, Culture and Professional Ethics from a training
    institution approved by the Teachers’ Council of Thailand

    4. Not Possess any of the prohibited characteristics pursuant to section 44 of the Teachers and Educational
    Personnel Council Act B.E. 2003
    • Having improper behavior or immorality
    • Being an incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
    • Having been sentenced to imprisonment in any case, in the opinion of the Teachers Council of
    Thailand, which may bring dishonor upon the profession.

    5. Have experience in teaching with not less than 1 year

    ksp.org.th

  11. #36
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,758
    "quasi-incompetent"?! "apparently but not really"?

    What about this number 3 course?

  12. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 10:42 AM
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy View Post
    I was recently asked by a farang if he could obtain a TL when he holds a standard bachelor degree from a western university plus a recently acquired Post graduate diploma in Education. Its from a university in the U.K thats recognized by the MOE in Bangkok.

    Does anyone have an opinion on this?
    This is from the TCT /KSP (Kurusapa)


    Teaching License requirements

    1. Be at least 20 years of age

    2. Hold a degree in Education or an equivalent or in other related fields accredited by the Teachers Council
    of Thailand or
    • Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or
    • Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year course of study

    3. Completion of training course on Thai Language, Culture and Professional Ethics from a training
    institution approved by the Teachers’ Council of Thailand

    4. Not Possess any of the prohibited characteristics pursuant to section 44 of the Teachers and Educational
    Personnel Council Act B.E. 2003
    • Having improper behavior or immorality
    • Being an incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
    • Having been sentenced to imprisonment in any case, in the opinion of the Teachers Council of
    Thailand, which may bring dishonor upon the profession.

    5. Have experience in teaching with not less than 1 year

    ksp.org.th

    Thanks for 1 relevant reply.

    The rest of you... bored teachers with nothing else to do.

    cheers

  13. #38
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,758
    We're not teachers, this is not a teacher website.

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-09-2017 @ 02:19 PM
    Posts
    50
    Teacher must have a temporary teaching licence first and that means that he must be working in a school. If not working then no way he can get a licence.

    After getting the temporary licence then he can start the process of applying for a 5 year licence.

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-09-2017 @ 02:19 PM
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by surinboy
    Thanks for 1 relevant reply.

    The rest of you... bored teachers with nothing else to do.

    cheers
    Don't worry we all get treated the same. When I ask for help I get much crap before someone legitimately offers help. Generally the more negative treatment the members give the greater the chance this forum will soon die off... just as in the ajarn.com forum... nowhere to be seen now... too many trolls

  16. #41
    Fresh Seaman CaptainNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Location
    in t' naughty lass
    Posts
    4,758
    ^
    Like you, you mean? If you don't like it, leave...

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-09-2017 @ 02:19 PM
    Posts
    50
    ^
    Wow! I guess you feel like the shoe fits.

    When have you ever got anything intelligent to say?


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •