Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: Help TEFLers.

  1. #26
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeofNewcastle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through
    Does reading infowars turn you into an idiot or do idiots enjoy reading infowars? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with that sentence.
    It's just a bit clumsy, like your patronising attitude.
    If you're thinking about individual instances of clouds, it will be plural but if you're thinking about the substance 'cloud', it'll be singular. Both, though, are perfectly normal. Better luck next time Corporal.
    Going by the rest of the questions you smart-arse [at][at][at][at], I'm betting it is a mistake. As usual, twats such as yourself and life's failure Ant must make a mountain out of a mole!

    Now go back to your mother's basement you sad fat twat! Probably.

    I love infowars!
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

  2. #27
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    It's not a mistake but no need to have such a crying fit over it.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    ^Ha. In typical fashion with your ilk. Throw the insults then cry wolf.

    If the OP is concerned then he should ask the teacher what the intent of the question was. If he is confused, then no doubt some of the student will be going by the pattern of the question.

    ^That 'basement' bit go to you didn't it!

  4. #29
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through
    crying fit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I love infowars!
    The two are connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    ask the teach what the intent of the question was. If he is confused, then no doubt some of the student

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    NZdick1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I love infowars!
    Jesus, WTF is infowars bro?

    I'm not gonna cheat and google it..

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I love infowars!
    Jesus, WTF is infowars bro?

    I'm not gonna cheat and google it..
    Infowars is the news lefties don't like to here.

  7. #32
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    It's wall to wall bullshit for brainless tinfoilers.

  8. #33
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Infowars is the news lefties don't like to here.
    "Hear".

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through
    crying fit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    I love infowars!
    The two are connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    ask the teach what the intent of the question was. If he is confused, then no doubt some of the student
    Good God! IS that all you have to your life.


    Just for the record Ant, as always you like to play the victim. This thread has derailed a little because of your and PT sad pathetic life and your superior intellect that has led you nowhere. Fuckin' tough life, dude.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    NZdick1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,126
    ^ To hear, you mean.. ic.. it must be an American thing.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Ant is easily rubbed!

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    ^ To hear, you mean.. ic.. it must be an American thing.
    Fuck me, I know already.

    Just leading the rat with some cheese!

  13. #38
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,386
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983
    I'm not gonna cheat and google it..
    Don't, it will melt your brain.

    Alex Jones the host of InfoWars recently reported that Obama and Hillary are demons.

    Not 'they're so evil!', but literally demons. As in denizens of Hell. Yeah.

    Jesus Jones loves it though. Draw whatever conclusions from that you want to.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    ^Demons in the literal sense? You're a bit soft, aren't you.

  15. #40
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:54 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    The police are here.
    Police being used as a noun. In the case, the police is an uncountable noun, say like rice or smegma. It could mean one or an army of officers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    A police officer is here.  ←  This is okay.
    Police being used as an adjective for the noun "officers". It tells us that it's not the naval officer or worse, an army officer at the door, but a police officer.

  16. #41
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    ^Ha. In typical fashion with your ilk. Throw the insults then cry wolf
    So you don't know what 'cry wolf' means, either. Tremendous. Perhaps best to keep clear of these threads in future.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    ^Ha. In typical fashion with your ilk. Throw the insults then cry wolf
    So you don't know what 'cry wolf' means, either. Tremendous. Perhaps best to keep clear of these threads in future.
    Good Lord! Another "I'm the victim" sad lifer.

  18. #43
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Demons in the literal sense?
    Yes.

    You don't know what "literal sense" means either do you.

  19. #44
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    In the case, the police is an uncountable noun, say like rice or smegma. It could mean one or an army of officers.
    It's a collective noun, not an uncountable noun, which is why it can be either singular or plural, depending on whether one is thinking about the group as a whole (singular) or the individual members of the group (plural). In the case of police, it's pretty rare to find it in the singular but with other nouns (government or sports teams, for example) it can often go either way.

  20. #45
    Harbinger of Doom

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    ^Ha. In typical fashion with your ilk. Throw the insults then cry wolf
    So you don't know what 'cry wolf' means, either. Tremendous. Perhaps best to keep clear of these threads in future.
    Good Lord! Another "I'm the victim" sad lifer.
    I've no idea what that post means but clearly you are about as qualified as Jeff is to help people with their English.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Demons in the literal sense?
    Yes.

    You don't know what "literal sense" means either do you.
    Ant, be honest. Do you need a job? Something to take your mind off things a little? Seems you're putting far too much attention into this place. I understand, the site owner loves you, but then again, what fly doesn't like shit?

  22. #47
    I am not in Jail AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Ant, be honest. Do you need a job? Something to take your mind off things a little? Seems you're putting far too much attention into this place. I understand, the site owner loves you, but then again, what fly doesn't like shit?
    Nah, I'm all good thanks.

    What's your job? Randomly making up stuff in order to puff your virtual chest on a forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    what fly doesn't like shit?
    You do realise that by your own analogy you're calling yourself shit too...right??

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Demons in the literal sense? You're a bit soft, aren't you.
    This is your idol...

    mediamatters.org/video/2016/10/10/trump-ally-alex-jones-i-was-told-people-around-clinton-shes-demon-possessed/213712

  24. #49
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through
    If you're thinking about individual instances of clouds, it will be plural but if you're thinking about the substance 'cloud', it'll be singular. Both, though, are perfectly normal. Better luck next time Corporal.
    Apology accepted.

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Demons in the literal sense? You're a bit soft, aren't you.
    This is your idol...

    mediamatters.org/video/2016/10/10/trump-ally-alex-jones-i-was-told-people-around-clinton-shes-demon-possessed/213712
    Here comes the brigayed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •