Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 2081

Thread: FOX "news"

  1. #51
    Thailand Expat Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,598
    A link to lots of documentation on Fox's distortions and fabrications:

    http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130047


    It's one thing to question, which is the purvue of journalism and an entirely different thing to propagandize like a talk radio program.

  2. #52
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,268
    ^^ Well goodness me, that sounds just like an advertisement for Faux- indeed it could've been penned by Fox themselves.

    So then, who is this 'Nile Gardiner'? He who wrote this article for the Daily Torygraph. The Tory is more Right wing than Fox incidentally- except it believes that the serfs should be paid a living wage so that they can ingest sufficient nutrients to carry their allotted burdens. Fox knows better- because the peasant scum deal drugs part time to get by.

    Oh, this chappie -

    The UN loves Barack Obama because he is weak
    The UN loves Barack Obama because he is weak - Telegraph

    Nile Gardiner
    Nile Gardiner, Ph.D. is the Director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, and a Margaret Thatcher Senior Research Fellow at The Heritage Foundation.
    Nile Gardiner: Conservative Articles - HUMAN EVENTS

    Oh, the Heritage Foundation- as pointed out by Human Events, no less.

    Human Events have kindly linked us curious neophytes to some more of Dr Gardiners groundbreaking scholarship. Heres a sample-

    French Government, Sarkozy a Dissapointment - HUMAN EVENTS
    Britain: A Hornet's Nest of Islamic Extremism - HUMAN EVENTS
    The West is Winning in Iraq - HUMAN EVENTS


    Yes, fair and balanced indeed. Take the white pill.
    probes Aliens

  3. #53
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    A link to lots of documentation on Fox's distortions and fabrications:

    http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130047
    I am laughing at both this source and Sabang's Torygraph mention. Hum, Soros owns and controls mediamatters. Read their purpose page: it's sole purpose is to attack Conservative media. Based on your reasoning, it should then be shut down as well. I imagine most here equate Fox to its opinion shows -- Beck, O'Reilly and Hannity -- the regular reporting during the day is just as straight as other networks. And why change Fox? You want all libbie press in the US? Hek, we wouldn't have a clue what was going on with Obama and Congress if that was the case.

  4. #54
    Member lysander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    13-11-2014 @ 09:28 PM
    Location
    Tum Salieng
    Posts
    611
    I've only ever seen Fox News once. I arrived in Bangkok on the day that the tsunami hit. I was staying in a hotel which had a variety of different news stations on the TV in the room. All the other stations (Beeb, CNN, German, Japanese, Korean, French, possibly more) had reporters showing pictures of the devastation and talking to people involved. Fox had a guy standing in front of a rolling picture of the waves hitting a beach somewhere (he didn't even say which one). The only thing he talked about was the way the 'wonderful American people' were contributing their 'hard earned dollars' to charities to help the victims of the tsunami. That's it. No news of what was happening. No interviews with anyone involved. Just a panegyric to the generous American people. It was shameful. It certainly wasn't news.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    I've only ever seen Fox News once.
    And based on the vast amount of time you have personally viewed Fox News you share that insightful opinion..

  6. #56
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,404
    ^ FOX news is not news.

    That is the issue here.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    ^ FOX news is not news.

    That is the issue here.
    Ah, but it is, Milky. Maybe not the News you like, eh?

  8. #58
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Nope, he didn't like the Van Jones or the ACORN or the Jarrett or the Dunn news.
    I'll say it again, Milkie, the nightly opinion shows are not the whole network. Yes, it is US-focused, but that's its decision. Don't tell me MSNBC is real news. CNN does so much fluff, I think it has a weaving biz on the side. The Beeb is left, CBS tries to be straight but it's evident from what it leaves out where they stand.
    Fox usually has a right and a left voice on most shows. The opinion guys bring up news that everyone else is trying to hide at the behest of the WH.

  9. #59
    Member lysander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    13-11-2014 @ 09:28 PM
    Location
    Tum Salieng
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    I've only ever seen Fox News once.
    And based on the vast amount of time you have personally viewed Fox News you share that insightful opinion..
    Based on the fact that it was a major world tragedy with many deaths which all the other news stations were reporting I thought it indicative of Fox's priorities that they were reporting in the way they did. They appeared to have no concern whatever for the victims of the tsunami and were only interested in pandering to their own audience by repeatedly telling them just how generous they (the audience) were.

  10. #60
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ I had Fox at that time on Samui. They did a lot of coverage picked up from other networks.

  11. #61
    Member k1klass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    27-01-2017 @ 11:25 PM
    Location
    A dark room, rocking in my chair....
    Posts
    250
    Fox news is just the voice of Rupert Murdoch and is nothing but a propaganda station, if anyone takes that load of rubbish they spurt out seriously then they really need a reality check or a gunshot to the head.....

  12. #62
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    Sure, let all the Obama-adoring lefty networks take over. What a mess that would be.

  13. #63
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    I've only ever seen Fox News once.
    And based on the vast amount of time you have personally viewed Fox News you share that insightful opinion..
    Based on the fact that it was a major world tragedy with many deaths which all the other news stations were reporting I thought it indicative of Fox's priorities that they were reporting in the way they did. They appeared to have no concern whatever for the victims of the tsunami and were only interested in pandering to their own audience by repeatedly telling them just how generous they (the audience) were.
    Well, if you were say comparing them to CNN who has more assets in the field than Fox, it certainly looked like Fox was the second-string team on that event.

    It would do no good for America and the world if every news organization took the government line as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and the BBC do. All are mainstream liberal news organizations. Back in Walter Conkrite's day, that's all you could get was one slant on the news. It's a very good thing to have Fox News to present an alternative to the liberal-line...

  14. #64
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ Got that right. Hey, Norts, you can watch Fox on the Internet.

  15. #65
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,268
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander
    Fox had a guy standing in front of a rolling picture of the waves hitting a beach somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon
    They did a lot of coverage picked up from other networks.
    This is the hand of Murdoch. Cost control is a major emphasis in Murdoch enterprises, and having embedded reporters on the ground in far flung places is expensive. Cheaper to buy foreign coverage off someone else.

    Similarly talk shows are much cheaper to broadcast than 'original content'.

  16. #66
    Member lysander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    13-11-2014 @ 09:28 PM
    Location
    Tum Salieng
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    I've only ever seen Fox News once.
    And based on the vast amount of time you have personally viewed Fox News you share that insightful opinion..
    Based on the fact that it was a major world tragedy with many deaths which all the other news stations were reporting I thought it indicative of Fox's priorities that they were reporting in the way they did. They appeared to have no concern whatever for the victims of the tsunami and were only interested in pandering to their own audience by repeatedly telling them just how generous they (the audience) were.
    Well, if you were say comparing them to CNN who has more assets in the field than Fox, it certainly looked like Fox was the second-string team on that event.

    It would do no good for America and the world if every news organization took the government line as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and the BBC do. All are mainstream liberal news organizations. Back in Walter Conkrite's day, that's all you could get was one slant on the news. It's a very good thing to have Fox News to present an alternative to the liberal-line...
    I agree with you about news organisations being independent. I also agree that the Beeb has a left wing bias but it does not take the government line. Here in the UK the Beeb is always in trouble with the government of the day which is usually a sign that they're getting things right. They take their independence very seriously.

    I've said this before but I think that one of the problems when talking about the BBC is that there are 3 BBCs.

    The best BBC is the domestic BBC that people in the UK can see/hear. We have 4 TV channels, 7 national radio channels and a multitude of local radio channels. If you're interested you can listen to BBC radio at their website. Radio 4 is the 'serious' station.

    Then there's BBC World Service available round the world via shortwave. This is the station that the Recon Marines in Generation Kill listened to when they wanted news of the war they were engaged in. It is admired round the world for its independence. Funnily enough it's financed completely by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

    Then there's 'BBC World' which is the biggest bag of shite that's ever been forced on an unsuspecting public. BBC World really is shameful.

  17. #67
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    02-04-2010 @ 01:37 AM
    Posts
    1,308
    FOX NEWS is not news at all. I would consider it entertainment, like WWE wrestling is to sports.

    Entertainment for morons

  18. #68
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 AM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,268
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander
    Radio 4 is the 'serious' station.
    Best radio channel in the world.

  19. #69
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    14-09-2017 @ 12:36 AM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1176
    Entertainment for morons
    yes basically,

    it's usually the same crowd of NASCAR and WWE fans

  20. #70
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,094
    If FOX wants to be taken seriously as a news channel they should start acting like one.

  21. #71
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,404
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1176 View Post
    FOX NEWS is not news at all. I would consider it entertainment, like WWE wrestling is to sports.

    Entertainment for morons
    I agree.

    Again, it's not their positions, but how they express them.

    I think more and more people are realizing what a farce, FOX, is.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,786
    the propagandists on fox seemingly just can't help themselves.

    one of their hosts was whining about the white house labeling fox for what it is, and he said there was a newsweek column that said the white house actions were unamerican.

    don't these guys ever get tired of making things up?

    the newsweek article actually said that rupert murdoch's low-rent, partisan style of journalism was unamerican.

    the video...



    the relevant quote from the article...


    The Australian-British-continental model of politicized media that Murdoch has applied at Fox is un-American, so much so that he has little choice but go on denying what he's doing as he does it.
    Why Fox News Is Un-American | Newsweek Newsweek Voices - Jacob Weisberg | Newsweek.com



    fox: fair and balanced?

  23. #73
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    14-09-2017 @ 12:36 AM
    Posts
    39,832
    it's not only un-American and traitorous, but an insult to Intelligence and Journalism

    as much as WWE and NASCAR are an insult to wrestling and car race,

  24. #74
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    it's not only un-American and traitorous, but an insult to Intelligence and Journalism

    as much as WWE and NASCAR are an insult to wrestling and car race,
    Heh...gotta up your trolling efforts there butterfly. That is pretty lame!

  25. #75
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020

    Kudos to All the Press Chore for Backing Fox


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •