Page 831 of 854 FirstFirst ... 331731781821823824825826827828829830831832833834835836837838839841 ... LastLast
Results 20,751 to 20,775 of 21329
  1. #20751
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259






    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #20752
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #20753
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #20754
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #20755
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,496

  6. #20756
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,646
    ...no point in throwing facts at tRump's base...

  7. #20757
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259






    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #20758
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,496
    Eric Porterfield looks like his parents swam in the same pool. Genetically speaking.





  9. #20759
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259


    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #20760
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259











    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #20761
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #20762
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,496

  13. #20763
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,827
    ^I'm sure the new trade deal ensures they will.

  14. #20764
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,496
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    I'm sure the new trade deal ensures they will.



    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...all-despite-d/

  15. #20765
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    27,622
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    ^I'm sure the new trade deal ensures they will.
    Even if any extra money is generated through the new trade deal, it will be United States money (It will belong to the U.S.) And if the United States uses it to pay for the wall that means Mexico is NOT paying for the wall. The U.S. would be using money that could be used for schools or infrastructure to pay for the wall that Mexico is supposed to pay for.
    It's a fallacy that Mexico will somehow pay for that wall through any trade deal.
    "In my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself."

  16. #20766
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #20767
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    it will be United States mone
    If you say so it must be true.

  18. #20768
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    27,622
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    If you say so it must be true.
    It's just a fact isn't it. When I buy something and pay sales tax, that tax money becomes the governments money. When they spend it on whatever, they are spending their money, not mine.

  19. #20769
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    32,496
    Trickle down economics:


  20. #20770
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    When I buy something and pay sales tax,
    When you buy something, let's say an internet router, you are buying it from a commercial company. Any government imposed taxes are irrelevant. If two governments agree certain goods are taxed higher or lower, for whatever reasons, it affects the commercial companies sales price and hence if the item sells more units due to government to government deals the commercial company in country X makes more profit and employs more workers. The benefit accrues to country X.

    In that way superficially country X generates more "taxes" for country Y and hence has a beneficial affect on country Y's tax revenue. Which backs up goldilocks claim that Mexico is "paying" for this imaginary wall/fence/political announcement.

    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Trickle up economics:
    FIFY

    ^Your illustrated groups should swap the watering cans. The poor should show a large can/flow from them to the rich and the rich can/flow should be smaller. Indicating the poor give more money/labour etc. individually and collectively, to the the "rich" than they receive.
    Last edited by OhOh; 19-02-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  21. #20771
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    It's just a fact isn't it. When I buy something and pay sales tax, that tax money becomes the governments money. When they spend it on whatever, they are spending their money, not mine.
    To be fair, that's a cheap semantics argument.

  22. #20772
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Posts
    57,259

  23. #20773
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    27,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    To be fair, that's a cheap semantics argument.
    It's a crude but effective analogy and it applies as well to hohos argument above.
    If by whatever means through the trade agreement the U.S. does extract additional funds from Mexico those funds are now U.S. money which could be used to pay for teachers or infrastructure but instead get spent on a wall that Mexico should be paying for.

  24. #20774
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,973
    I see your point.

  25. #20775
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    16,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    It's a crude but effective analogy and it applies as well to hohos argument above.
    But my replies are never crude, unlike others who post on TD.



    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •